Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VILLA: Friedel; Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Baker; Agbonlahor, Reo-Coker, Makoun, Downing; A Young. Bent. Subs: Marshall, Heskey, Delfouneso, Petrov, Pires, Albrighton, Herd.

Now that is a very interesting team.

Baker is good, he's big and strong and has a bit more experience than Clark on the left - he's still a CB at heart, but I'll be interested in seeing how he does - he was very highly rated coming through but had a couple of nasty knocks.

We've now used more players this season than in any other season in our histroy.

Not sure about dropping Albrighton, would like to have seen him keep his place, looks like Makoun holds and everyone else just goes for them. Petorv would have given us more balance, but I reckon we've got plenty of excitment in this side.

Pires is still living the dream I note.

**** you Warmock, I don't like your stupid challenges and the fact you're a **** Scouser, but at least I'm not throwing a strop about it.

(Stephen, not the VT user)

Not playing XI: Guzan, Young, Clark, Davies, Lichaj, Albrighton, Petrov, Bannan, Delph, Heskey, Delfouneso.

Does that mean we've got strength in depth?

Pires doesn't make my second eleven.

What happens if we get a defensive injury tonight, we haven't got a defender on the bench have we?

V Happy with team - Baker I have just said on transfer thread, I think he wants a look at him to see if we need a LB now, or whether this boy can cover for the rest of season.

Obviously we wont know about Makoun until after this, but on paper, him and NRC seem the perfect fit - both can hold, or go box to box and both can win the ball (apparently).

Only bit I want is Young on wing, and Gabby up front, but we know that won't happen.

Maybe I am too confident, but I reckon a 3-0 win with another Bent goal , possible a penalty