Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Another thing I wanted to say was this; someone posted the other day that our current situation reminds him of The Damned United. I watched that film today and can see the similarities. A successful group of players who respected their manager took offence at the new regime and refused to play for him in order to get him out. All sounds pretty familiar with what's been going on, apart from the fact that successful team had recently won things!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we are to keep Houllier then we must surely get a better number two than Gary **** Mcallister. I know keeping Houllier isn't what everyone wants but maybe Kev Mac as number 2 instead because Mcallister is clueless and surely he's not helping. What has he actually done since he's been here? This job is too big for him

I think if we are to keep Houllier then we must surely get a better number two than Gary **** Mcallister. I know keeping Houllier isn't what everyone wants but maybe Kev Mac as number 2 instead because Mcallister is clueless and surely he's not helping. What has he actually done since he's been here? This job is too big for him

What has he done his whole career as a number one or a number two?

I'm not really sure what proof there is for this? I mean, you might be right, but unless we actually attend all the training sessions it's pretty difficult to know if he's that crap. Unless someone has some inside information on him. Just strikes me as scapegoating a little.

Another thing I wanted to say was this; someone posted the other day that our current situation reminds him of The Damned United. I watched that film today and can see the similarities. A successful group of players who respected their manager took offence at the new regime and refused to play for him in order to get him out. All sounds pretty familiar with what's been going on, apart from the fact that successful team had recently won things!
What I don't get is, they clearly wanted to play for him against Chelsea. Even against Sunderland they put effort in, they were just pretty crap.

What I don't get is, they clearly wanted to play for him against Chelsea. Even against Sunderland they put effort in, they were just pretty crap.

I'm not sure they put that much effort in against Sunderland. It was clearly a much worse performance over 90 minutes regardless of the result.

My worry is that our two best performances have been against Chelsea and Man U, and that the players may be raising themselves for the bigger teams.

I'm not really sure what proof there is for this? I mean, you might be right, but unless we actually attend all the training sessions it's pretty difficult to know if he's that crap. Unless someone has some inside information on him. Just strikes me as scapegoating a little.

It's not really scapegoating, nor is it pushing the blame away from Houllier because I am well aware of the mess he has contributed to, but I simply do not think Mcallister is the right man to be an assistant. I would much rather prefer someone like Ray Wilkins, Chris Hughton (don't think he would come here to be number two) or Kevin MacDonald.

Either way though, it's not 'clear' that they wanted to play for the manager against Chelsea, just that they played quite well.
So how come when they don't play well it's deemed that they don't want to play for the manager?

Either way though, it's not 'clear' that they wanted to play for the manager against Chelsea, just that they played quite well.
So how come when they don't play well it's deemed that they don't want to play for the manager?

I don't think it's that simple. The fact that they don't want to play for the manager isn't simply taken from a bad performance but also all the reports of unrest within the camp. If you just looked at the results alone and said they were because the players didn't want to play for the manager, that would be pretty presumptious.

I would like to see us bring in some more coaches. Could bring in the old Chelsea duo of Steve Clarke and Ray Wilkins. Doubt either would come of if GH would want them but I wouldn't mind as both have good credentials.

Â