Jonathan Hogg

Villaninoz

Hogg can run and tackle and he makes good late forward runs into the box - I'm not sure he's got quite enough for this level, but he's the type of player who'll give you what he's got - a debut in which you're asked to stop Man Utd playing isn't exactly a treat though is it?

Hogg can run and tackle and he makes good late forward runs into the box - I'm not sure he's got quite enough for this level, but he's the type of player who'll give you what he's got - a debut in which you're asked to stop Man Utd playing isn't exactly a treat though is it?

I agree, it just one step beyond for the lad. Maybe against Wigan or somebody like that, but Manure might just destroy the lads confidence.

Clarkey is the better player for me.

I would have reservations about this if it is true, but there is an argument that Hogg would be more natural in that position. In the Blackpool game Clark was very negative with his play and the first option was always to play the ball back to the centre halves during the first half. If we did this against Manure it would invite pressure on. Hogg, when I’ve seen him, offers more variety of passing which Houllier may think is necessary.

I guess it would make sense in that Boss Hogg and Bannan will have played together a lot in the reverses, and so will know eacch others games inside out, and will be on the same wavelength.

Clark, whilst he will have played with BB a lot in the reverses, will have been at CH.

There could be some truth in this as Ireland has flu. Perhaps Clark and Hogg will be holding and Bannan in the hole.

With Albrighton on the bench? I can't see that.

If he's going to play I can only see it being as a direct replacement for Clark who I thought looked distinctly uncomfortable playing out of position against Blackpool despite having done the job very well at Fulham.

Â