Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Redditch_Villa

Carew has just got to be up for this match. It is his chance to prove himself to Houllier. If his attritude isn't right I can see the Villa fans finallyy running out of patience and turning on him - particularly as Heskey has been generally playing decent and, as always, puts a shift in.
I don't know. There are just some people (and I feel there are quite a lot of them) who will just not give Heskey a chance and will judge Carew and Heskey on reputation rather than form.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carew has just got to be up for this match. It is his chance to prove himself to Houllier. If his attritude isn't right I can see the Villa fans finallyy running out of patience and turning on him - particularly as Heskey has been generally playing decent and, as always, puts a shift in.
I don't know. There are just some people (and I feel there are quite a lot of them) who will just not give Heskey a chance and will judge Carew and Heskey on reputation rather than form.

Well he's not playing now. :bang:

I think Carew has already decided he's out the door and thinking about his last (final payday) move.

I'd play the Fonz.

EDIT: Just saw the Carew injury news. Fonz it is.

We know what the back 4 will be, barring any more injuries.

So the rest of the team should (IMO) look like

-----Clark----NRC-----

MA----Downing---Young

--------The Fonz--------

I keep hammering away at it i know, but I see Downing as our only solution to what is a massive midfield problem.

I just dont like Young centrally.

When he receives the ball with his back to goal in a congested midfield he doesnt know what to do with it. His close control and composure in these situations seems to let him down. He always receives the ball by rolling his foot back over it and never uses his body to shield the ball, on top of this he doesnt keep the ball close enough to him. He's always trying to be too cute with it, when its not always necessary.

He's a brilliant winger (or forward), because he's good at running with the ball, but this isnt what you need in central midfield. I really dont want to see him played there.

This is a big chance for Delfouneso - I think a front three of him, Albrighton and Young could potentially cause havoc.

Maybe:

------------------Friedel--------------------

Young-----Dunne-----Collins-----Warnock

----------------Reo Coker------------------

----------Sidwell-------Downing-----------

Albrighton---------------------------Young

-----------------Delfouneso---------------

Might work (Ireland if Sidwell is out) it's a bit bold in terms of it's balance going forwards, especially as Ashley doesn't seem to want to play on the wing and Downing isn't proven in the middle, but I don't think we've got much to lose and we may as well give it a go. I'm not sure that'll be Gerrard's attitude to things though.

For some reason The fonz seems to have fallen down the pecking order since the summer!

Yet last year I thought he was in fine form especially after scoring the winner at Pompey ,does any one know why he has failed to make any appearances this year.

I am looking forward to him hopefully starting as he has be bags of potential and might just get a run of games he deserves after being patient the last couple of years!

Up the villa!

Just thinking about it, if the Fonz pops a hamstring five minutes in, we're well and truly up the creek.

Agbonlahor - Injured

Heskey - Injured

Carew - Injured

Delfouneso

Weimann - Injured

Collins Jr - Out on loan

We'd be down to strikers who've barely played reserve football.

Young and Albrighton could feature up front together at this rate.

I just dont like Young centrally.

When he receives the ball with his back to goal in a congested midfield he doesnt know what to do with it. His close control and composure in these situations seems to let him down. He always receives the ball by rolling his foot back over it and never uses his body to shield the ball, on top of this he doesnt keep the ball close enough to him. He's always trying to be too cute with it, when its not always necessary.

He's a brilliant winger (or forward), because he's good at running with the ball, but this isnt what you need in central midfield. I really dont want to see him played there.

Agree 100%. I thought DJ was bought to replace Barry and I hope he gets a chance to do just that soon - lets see him in CM please Ged.

We are the Villa! We don't do anything the easy way!

Fonz to bag a goal, Villa to take it 1-0.

And isn't Gabby back next week?

He is meant to be but given how long he has been out for now i'm sure Houllier would prefer to play him off the bench or either start him and take him off early until he gets going so Fonz should definitely be getting some game time over the next 3 weeks.