Scientific Experiment V3#01-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

bickster

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?

• Yes
    • No

established top 6 team with Milner and Gabby involved...which, if both were fit. We'd be around 6th, if not higher I'd suspect given how close the league is and how vital those two were.

Also, I'd like to point out, Houllier has come at a time where he missed West Ham home, Bolton home, Stoke away, Newcastle away, Everton home (when struggling) and has come in and ran into a very tough fixture list.

Neither Young or Heskey will score enough goals!

Young should be on the wing and if Heskey plays it has to be with another striker as we quite simply will net get enough goals!

Yes but Carew isn't scoring or even threatening. Delfouneso, well...from what it sounds like on here isn't exactly getting a glowing reputation....perhaps worth a try.

I just find it a little annoying that O'Neill leaves, okay...he's gone. Our best striker gets injured, the other decides basically he can't be arsed. We are left with Heskey as the only senior striker and who get's the blame for not getting us enough goals? Houllier.

Milner, Carew, Gabby scored 45 goals between them last year.

Milner's gone, Carew might as well be gone and Gabby is injured. We blame a new manager for that.

It's as if people have short memories. Even with Carew on form, Gabby fit and firing, people were moaning and asking for a new striker....

Young should be on the wing and if Heskey plays it has to be with another striker as we quite simply will net get enough goals!

There are no other options. Carew has been less than woeful this season. The squad he has inherited is not big enough to cope with significant injuries to key players and he obviously has been unable to bring in additions and won’t be able to until January at the earliest.

Carew is always like to score a goal. Delf as well has shown promise when he has come on. In Gabby's absence either of them were worth a try in the last match.

Houllier was so negative - after struggling to score vs Burnley he failed to see what was wrong for the next game.

Poor management.

Carew reminds me of Joe Cole during the World Cup. Everyone was crying out for Joe Cole and believed him to be the saviour simply because he'd hardly played. When he did play, he didn't impress that much. There's a reason why Carew's been benchwarming for much of this season - he's been very poor. On current form Heskey is better and as much as I love Carew I think form should come before the past.

Carew is always like to score a goal. Delf as well has shown promise when he has come on. In Gabby's absence either of them were worth a try in the last match.

Houllier was so negative - after struggling to score vs Burnley he failed to see what was wrong for the next game.

Poor management.

Well, actually, we bought Heskey and Downing on against Burnley... they both scored and they both started vs Blues. :?

Carew is always likely to score a goal? What, just like Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Chelsea, Blackburn.....where he was complete gash.

Carew has got at least 10 premier league goals every season he's been at the club!

While Gabby is out Carew should be in the team!

No, he really shouldn't. People need to start looking at the present instead of the past. Carew has been woeful this year. I have no idea why but Heskey is more of a goal threat. I know it's Heskey but some people need to get over the fact that Heskey is in better form.

Carew has got at least 10 premier league goals every season he's been at the club!

While Gabby is out Carew should be in the team!

Second thoughts let's just play Heskey on his own as that is really working!

14th in the league and 9 goals in 10 matches.

and Heskey has played...

Wolves 2-1

Tottenham first 20 minutes, was 1-0 up.

Blues 0-0.

Sunderland lost 0-1.

Heskey has scored 4 goals and has played well!

Carew has scored 0 and has played gash.

Just because Carew scored 10 in previous season means **** all this year.

He also scored only 1 goal before december in his first 10 league matches last year. He's always been a slow starter.

I really don't get how Carew up front who scored and contributed less than Heskey is going to help Villa score more. :?

Yes but Carew isn't scoring or even threatening. Delfouneso, well...from what it sounds like on here isn't exactly getting a glowing reputation....perhaps worth a try.

I just find it a little annoying that O'Neill leaves, okay...he's gone. Our best striker gets injured, the other decides basically he can't be arsed. We are left with Heskey as the only senior striker and who get's the blame for not getting us enough goals? Houllier.

Milner, Carew, Gabby scored 45 goals between them last year.

Milner's gone, Carew might as well be gone and Gabby is injured. We blame a new manager for that.

It's as if people have short memories. Even with Carew on form, Gabby fit and firing, people were moaning and asking for a new striker....

Well said PoB (and BTD)

60% not great but surprised its that high but hey ho some are easily pleased. November Poll could be interesting given the fixtures, certainly needs to win the first couple to give us a spring board going into the following games. Here's hoping more people are happy with him come November 30th otherwise we could be deep in the mire.

A Fulham

H Blackpool

H Manchester United

A Blackburn Rovers

H Arsenal

A SHA League Cup

Â