General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

Hi General,

Just wondering if on reflection the board would have done things differently over the summer specifically in relation to losing an excellent manager, our best player and not strengthening and building on the relative success we had last season?

Following on from that what will the board do to ensure that if we do again acquire such a good manager we make sure we keep him and if our best player wants to leave what will we do to ensure we either keep him or find an adequate replacement before selling?

I understand hindsight is a wonderful thing General but I'd like to be reassured, due to the very harsh lessons that are being learnt, that the board recognises it has not handled things well over the last few months.

By the way I'm just back form Fulham where we played well. Fans were absolutely superb.

Many thanks

Mark

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we played great considering the circumstances - General I hope you realise were brought to fruition with Randy's financial backing. And for that I thank him and the board.

EDIT: I'm talking about our kids playing.

General,

What do you, the board and Randy think about this story:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6492122,00.html

Is it really a good idea for a manager to call his player stupid? Is it even worse calling him stupid in the press?

The fans WILL turn on Randy and the board if all we aspire to this year is a 10th-14th place finish plus a decent cup run. We ARE better than that. We are also better than getting caught up in some player manager name calling incident in the press. Don't the Villa have a public relations person who makes sure quotes/statements like this don't happen?

It is embarassing to the club for comments like this from the manager to be made to the press. If GH thinks Carew is "stupid", fair enough...but he should tell him this to his face, not to a reporter.

General, I too, have to agree with the above post. I am fed up with GH coming out with quotes to the media that serve no positive purpose and if anything, should be kept in house.

We all knew Carew and GH did not see eye to eye at Lyon, but Gh as a manager should not be making these comments. calling him stupid and living in the past was over the mark.

If anything, I still see and hear GH talking about liverpool as "we" as if he is still there. I do not remember him using the media to rant at his own playing staff whilst at Liverpool.

Hopefully the board can see our points and not think it is just an attack on them.

General Krulak here:

1. Let me see, it is the Board's fault that MON left. Hmmm.

2. The Milner-Ireland deal was done after MON left. Hmmm.

3. The fact that we have so many injuries is the Board's fault. Hmmm.

4. How long do we keep a Manager? Please answer this question on an open web site. Hmmmm.

5. Don't tell us that the Manager sees what the Fans see. Hmmmm.

When I start to get questions, comments, rants, like this I just have to shake my head! This is an open site...every time I post on it we run the risk of having my comments spread over the media. I sure as heck would LOVE to answer some of the comments I have just read because they show a remarkable lack of understanding of what has transpired and why. Everything is now the Club's fault....from "persistent standing" to whatever. We have a fine manager. He is willing to let every player have a chance....but simply wants them to perform when they get the chance. We have many players "stepping up" and doing just that. Injuries are part of the game...the Manager doesn't want them. Most occur on the Pitch...some in training...but we are not the only Club with the problem. Depth? Randy has spent millions upon millions in support of his Manager...it is not up to the owner or the Board to pick players...not if you want an effective team, you need to let the Manager pick his players. GH is open and above board...he communicates to his players and to the Board. He is smart, savvy in the game, and brings many, many, positive qualities to the Club. He inherited the Squad...he did not "build" it. Let's give our Manager the time to put his stamp on the Club. As for all the other comments, questions and rants...I have tried to answer so many of them over time...certainly last summer that to start again would make no sense.

6. I thought our lads played well yesterday. I thought we deserved to win but, football is football. The cross and subsequent goal were things of beauty.

GH is open and above board...he communicates to his players and to the Board. He is smart, savvy in the game, and brings many, many, positive qualities to the Club. He inherited the Squad...he did not "build" it. Let's give our Manager the time to put his stamp on the Club.

I couldn't agree more. Do you think we should give GH at least one proper transfer window before we judge him General?

2. The Milner-Ireland deal was done after MON left. Hmmm.

General, with respect, that isn't really much of an answer. Unless you know something we don't , the Milner-Ireland deal wasn't anything to do with MON. He wasn't at the club to sanction it which is what my question was...who sanctioned it? Yes, it might be old news, yes it might have been discussed at great length over the summer but it really does appear to be haunting us and costing us at the moment so I think we the fans have a right to know who took it upon themselves to sanction the deal. It clearly wasn't MON and it clearly wasn't Houllier. Was it Randy or was it Paul Faulkner? I suspect the latter. I understand that you're not in a position to comment on whether it was good or bad business for the club so perhaps that was a bit unfair of me to ask you that but surely a straight forward answer to the question who sanctioned the deal isn't beyond your realm?

I do not feel its a great thing that a manager is going to the media and calling a CURRENT player and fans favourite as "stupid and living in the past", especially given the managers time in the football game, surely he should know better.

This should all be kept in house. The same manager, time after time, refers to another club in interviews, we are AVFC. "living in the past??" - this is what got on my nerves.

Yes GH'S name was chanted yesterday and so was MON'S not so long ago and so is Carew's - I know GH needs time and will come good, but the harping on about the wrong stuff is not the media attention the club needs.

General - the kits???? any news???????

Excuse me, general, I too would like an answer to villan_avfc and terrytini's posts regarding the reduced ticket allocation.

As far as I can see, you have (again) tried to side-step the issue which is not satisfactory in my opinion. Granted, some people ask silly questions but these should not be an excuse to skirt over other, more serious, and eloquently constructed posts on issues of great importance.

You did, after-all, agree to this arrangement whereby you would answer questions (within reason) from fans. As yet, you have not responded to the latest issues raised in relation to the city council and the reduced ticketing allocation. I would like this answered too, please.

Thanks in advance.

General, I will again ask the question that many are waiting on an answer for:

Is the `new` home shirt going to be rolled over to next season because if not i, along with hundreds of others will not be purchasing it.

I dont care if the weave was faulty or whos fault it is i just want an answer of yes or no as money is tight for a lot of people right now

Excuse me, general, I too would like an answer to villan_avfc and terrytini's posts regarding the reduced ticket allocation.

As far as I can see, you have (again) tried to side-step the issue which is not satisfactory in my opinion. Granted, some people ask silly questions but these should not be an excuse to skirt over other, more serious, and eloquently constructed posts on issues of great importance.

You did, after-all, agree to this arrangement whereby you would answer questions (within reason) from fans. As yet, you have not responded to the latest issues raised in relation to the city council and the reduced ticketing allocation. I would like this answered too, please.

Thanks in advance.

I'll second that.

Hi General,

Im an Irish Villa fan and have an order for the Villa Away jersey lodged since July. Recently I saw there was an offer for free name and number printing on the back of jerseys. However when I rang customer service to amend my order to include the free name and numbering of my shirt they informed me that the offer is only available in store. Is there any chance this offer could be made available for online/overseas orders? Was looking forward to wearing it down to my 7-a-side game and getting stuck into some United fans!!

Keep up the good work!!

General, I will again ask the question that many are waiting on an answer for:

Is the `new` home shirt going to be rolled over to next season because if not i, along with hundreds of others will not be purchasing it.

I dont care if the weave was faulty or whos fault it is i just want an answer of yes or no as money is tight for a lot of people right now

General can we at least have a time frame as to when we might have an answer to this. I'm well aware your legal team are working on this. But the sooner I know if this is to be rolled out for another yr or not the sooner I can make a decision whether or not to purchase it?

General Krulak here:

1. VillaandLoyal: I must not know the question...because I have answered the issue of the Safety Group's decision about 3 times. I am NOT "skirting" anything. JUST WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT TO KNOW????? I confess that I am at a loss as to what it is that you are asking.

2. Christchurchvillan: A decision is due very shortly. I will try to get one today or tomorrow.

3. stan-boy: I don't think this would be possible.

4. jack_bauer87: I have no idea where you got your information but you are wrong. The deal was absolutely something that MON was intimately involved with.