Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Club is pleased to confirm that it has secured the appointment of Gerard Houllier as manager.

I seriously wonder which bit of the above statement people are failing to understand. It's not written in French, German or Serbo Croat, its not a paraphrase from a cheap red top news paper, it's not something that a mate of a mate heard while having a piss, it's not some update in CM / FM. What it is is a quote taken from the OS, i.e. a direct quote form the club.

Just because the terms of his "transfer" are that he needs to complete a couple of tasks that will seemingly take a day or so, so bloody what? There are no urgent transfers to conduct (and MON certainly screwed us there the twunt!), we are out of the UEFA cup ( a cup that GH has won and MON treated with utter contempt - along with the fans). We have a tough match on Monday (somewhere that MON never won - and many good managers have seen their teams lose), the best prep for which will be to get someone who knows the team 100% to sort things out while loose ends are sorted and commitments that could not be broken are honoured. Honour - hmm a word I wonder if the last manager actually understands - rather than just dropping his employers in the shit.

As for his assistant, I suppose the beer bill at VP will be a lot lower now

This , 100 times over.

Imagine that at work the boss asks you if you fancy a managerial post for a while - he then says if you like it you can apply for the role. You don`t perform overly well and you are then advised that maybe its not for you. You return to your old role and prepare to get on with things. The next day the boss returns asking if you could just fill in for a while - until the new bloke is ready. Not a great way of going about things is it - a bit amateurish, lacking foresight and professionalism?

Just imagine if your company are in the public gaze - what message does it send out?

When MON walked out I couldn`t have cared less what he thought however following the events over the last month I would now like to hear his side of events -

Once the dust settles I suggest Lerner have a look at his immediate management team.

Finally I was not HD`s biggest fan however would this have happened under him and Steve Stride (Venglos aside)?

The Club is pleased to confirm that it has secured the appointment of Gerard Houllier as manager.

I seriously wonder which bit of the above statement people are failing to understand. It's not written in French, German or Serbo Croat, its not a paraphrase from a cheap red top news paper, it's not something that a mate of a mate heard while having a piss, it's not some update in CM / FM. What it is is a quote taken from the OS, i.e. a direct quote form the club.

Just because the terms of his "transfer" are that he needs to complete a couple of tasks that will seemingly take a day or so, so bloody what? There are no urgent transfers to conduct (and MON certainly screwed us there the twunt!), we are out of the UEFA cup ( a cup that GH has won and MON treated with utter contempt - along with the fans). We have a tough match on Monday (somewhere that MON never won - and many good managers have seen their teams lose), the best prep for which will be to get someone who knows the team 100% to sort things out while loose ends are sorted and commitments that could not be broken are honoured. Honour - hmm a word I wonder if the last manager actually understands - rather than just dropping his employers in the shit.

As for his assistant, I suppose the beer bill at VP will be a lot lower now

I've read this 100 times over and it's still shite.

Bit harsh, but i agree that it's amazing how much some people will sweep this kind of embarrasment, uncertainty and downright confusion under the carpet. Nice to know we are living up to our slogan 'Prepared'.

I didnt want him in the begining and now i just hate the clearing in the woods ... We'r the fcukin Villa FFS Not fcukin Hartlepool united!

Who dose he think he is to string us out like this?..

More fool to the micky mouse board... Go Back to disneyland!

5 weeks to parade a bloke under contract some place else and that hasnt even signed... Couldnt Run A Bath!..

MattyB's post was removed so I'll try and be a bit more diplomatic. The above post is absolute dross. That's all.

I didnt want him in the begining and now i just hate the clearing in the woods ... We'r the fcukin Villa FFS Not fcukin Hartlepool united!

5 weeks to parade a bloke under contract some place else and that hasnt even signed... Couldnt Run A Bath!..

MattyB's post was removed so I'll try and be a bit more diplomatic. The above post is absolute dross. That's all.

I agree that it is over the top, but you have to agree that the situation at the club at this particular moment is a bit of a **** joke?

I seriously wonder which bit of the above statement people are failing to understand.

The fact that it is not as yet an accurate statement.

Gerard Houllier is not our manager, YET.

Farcical state of affairs.

Big Mac has been placed between a rock and a hard place ....

The key to the Delay maybe that we haven't paid any compensation to the FFF - were we to do so IMO Houllier would be in charge for the Stoke game.

Iam just waiting for the revalation that even though he is villa manager - he still works for the FFF is some capacity.

I can't brush this under the carpet - its a joke - Houlliers credibility will be shot by the time he gets here.

I agree that it is over the top, but you have to agree that the situation at the club at this particular moment is a bit of a **** joke?

I don't have to agree that the situation at the club is "a bit of a **** joke". The way I see it, we've just appointed a manager with great pedigree, we're sat 4th place in the league (albeit after only 3 games) and we've finished top 6 in the last few seasons. Yes, losing MON in the manner we did was a blow, and yes there's a bit of faffing about with GH's contract, but I guess the Board wanted to live up to their promise of announcing something this week - if anything they're perhaps trying too hard to please the fans. Is the club a **** joke? - go ask a West Ham fan.

The key to the Delay maybe that we haven't paid any compensation to the FFF - were we to do so IMO Houllier would be in charge for the Stoke game.

Iam just waiting for the revalation that even though he is villa manager - he still works for the FFF is some capacity.

I can't brush this under the carpet - its a joke - Houlliers credibility will be shot by the time he gets here.

To be fair, the FFF can FRO. But if this is the case and it's such a big issue for the club, they should have looked elsewhere.

Bit harsh, but i agree that it's amazing how much some people will sweep this kind of embarrasment, uncertainty and downright confusion under the carpet. Nice to know we are living up to our slogan 'Prepared'.

Harsh? Up to you how you want to amend other people's posts.

As for this being embarrassing, how is it? Do you hide the fact that you are a Villa fan because the claret from your scarf will clash with your permanent crimson cheeks? So what if a few red top media outlets and crap like TalkSport want to make up stories? How about being pleased that a man of GH's stature in the game wants to come here? But maybe that is embarrassing? - Can you imagine a well respected worldwide coach, someone tasked with rebuilding a nations football fortunes, someone who has won league and cup title's, someone who has wone European trophies, someone who has run a national side wanting to join our club - maybe it is embarrassing, embarrassing because of the silly reactions being shown via forums such as this

It's not about sweeping anything under the carpet because there is nothing to sweep. Just because the "can't wait won't wait" element are screaming doesn't make it a major issue. Can you honestly see GH just thinking "Ooo h I think I will have a few more glasses of claret while I say adieu to mon ami" (Yeah I know my French is shit!) - I bet he would be in near constant communication with people within the club.

I am really failing to see what the issue is. But maybe I should just look for people hiding teh fact they are Villa fans with red cheeks and ask them?

Harsh? Up to you how you want to amend other people's posts.

As for this being embarrassing, how is it? Do you hide the fact that you are a Villa fan because the claret from your scarf will clash with your permanent crimson cheeks? So what if a few red top media outlets and crap like TalkSport want to make up stories? How about being pleased that a man of GH's stature in the game wants to come here? But maybe that is embarrassing? - Can you imagine a well respected worldwide coach, someone tasked with rebuilding a nations football fortunes, someone who has won league and cup title's, someone who has wone European trophies, someone who has run a national side wanting to join our club - maybe it is embarrassing, embarrassing because of the silly reactions being shown via forums such as this

It's not about sweeping anything under the carpet because there is nothing to sweep. Just because the "can't wait won't wait" element are screaming doesn't make it a major issue. Can you honestly see GH just thinking "Ooo h I think I will have a few more glasses of claret while I say adieu to mon ami" (Yeah I know my French is shit!) - I bet he would be in near constant communication with people within the club.

I am really failing to see what the issue is. But maybe I should just look for people hiding teh fact they are Villa fans with red cheeks and ask them?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, hark at you. Whats all this red cheek stuff about then?

I seriously wonder which bit of the above statement people are failing to understand.

The fact that it is not as yet an accurate statement.

Gerard Houllier is not our manager, YET.

Farcical state of affairs.

Big Mac has been placed between a rock and a hard place ....

Jon it's not farcical at all - the fact that so many people on here are getting into a mess over this is farcical. The club have made an official statement that GH is our manager, he has been presented to the world as that, he is our manager now and will be working with KM and many others as our manager. KM has not been put in any position other than he was not considered for the role of manager and he has seemingly indicated that he would love to return to the previous role he had where he was very successful. Like the good pro that he is, he will continue to look after the rant and rage stage of the job at Stoke. Maybe it would have been best if he had done a MON and walked away with a couldn't care less about Villa attitude?

KM deserves a massive pat on the back for this - Randy has indicated that. GH said yesterday that he had done brilliant and that he had held god talks with him, but KM is NOT the key to the future of the club, the club has entrusted GH with the backing of Lerner to do that.

A certain ex manager once said something about fans and fickle, and while there is often debate about the correct meaning of the phrase, you can see clearly what he was talking about. GH has not even been given a chance by some, and his record and his obvious enthusiasm for the job as e saw yesterday says that he should be given a chance. The club have announced that he is our next manager and that KM is part of the team. All this fretting and worrying and silly comments (not you Jon) are making mountains out of very small mole hills. Lets worry and moan when there is reason to do so, not just because we think there may be

Do you hide the fact that you are a Villa fan because the claret from your scarf will clash with your permanent crimson cheeks?

But maybe I should just look for people hiding teh fact they are Villa fans with red cheeks and ask them?

What on earth are you going on about Ian? :?

I missed the keyboard warriors post mate, But wouldnt you not say the current handling of things is absolute dross and not my post?.. FFS we cant even get the shirt released on time but this manager thing just takes the piss!..

Â