Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was very calm with the questions he answered.

People moaning about he can't be there for the Stoke game, it's not his fault, it's the FFF's fault, he is trying to get away from the FFF as soon as he can, but under French law he could have to work 3 months leave, but he is very confident he will be there for the Bolton game, but he will not have the team until after then.

Happy with what he said. Love the line where when he was asked if the wage bill needed to be cut, he said something on the lines of "Or the income increased", and looked towards Paul Faulkner saying "You might have to ask him though".

Yeah, I got that....pretty quick and snappy remark. Not a bad interview all round, although he'll have to forget he used to be the liverplop manager!! He's Villa manager now.

Sounds focused and realistic though.

Nope, sorry, not imagining it. He gave the distinct impression that there would be no signings in January. He went on to say players may leave thus others may come in which to me pretty much backs up the fact that he is also on a sell to buy remit.

(Unless ofc you sell someone for loads and loads of dosh. Then it's just sell)

People moaning about he can't be there for the Stoke game, it's not his fault, it's the FFF's fault, he is trying to get away from the FFF as soon as he can, but under French law he could have to work 3 months leave, but he is very confident he will be there for the Bolton game, but he will not have the team until after then.

I actually like the fact that he is prepared to honour his existing commitments. Tells you a bit about a man that.

Sounded to me like he was saying K-mac was not one bit happy about being passed over for the managers job.

How did you work that out?! :?:

Just the way he said joint management doesn't work as if that was one of the offers put to him and how he wanted Kevin Mac to assist him but Kevin Mac didn't want to,it was probably mainly in his body language.

Nope, sorry, not imagining it. He gave the distinct impression that there would be no signings in January. He went on to say players may leave thus others may come in which to me pretty much backs up the fact that he is also on a sell to buy remit.

He never gave the impression that he wouldn't sign anyone in January, it's hard to find decent players in January who other clubs are willing to sell, any moron knows that.

We know some players need to be sold...what is the problem here...he didn't say players like Ashley.

It's interesting how people can come to these kind of conclusions from a few innocuous sentences uttered by Houllier today.There are a few more posts above with other fantasy interpretations of what was said.

Makes it understandable why there are so many conspiracy theories in the world today.

:bang:

Take the Red Pill or the Blue Pill either way it wouldn`t matter with your preconceived imagination, sometimes this boards more depressing than a weekend in Skegness.

I actually like the fact that he is prepared to honour his existing commitments. Tells you a bit about a man that.

Well he is French he don't want to mess them about, he may go back to that job one day....it's 2 games...wow

January isn't the time to judge our financial capabilities - that will be the summer. Is there any fan who doesn't recognise it's harder in Jan - doesn't mean we can't try and find an Arshavin willing to come obviously.

Also, not that ambition was Top 4 in CL. That won't be realised on the cheap either.

Personally, I don't want big movement in Jan - save maybe a couple out a couple in maybe.

Why do people mention sell to buy every few fecking pages. There is a limit to how much wages we as a club can afford, currently we are at that limit. Unless we can cut back the wages or raise the limit by bringing in more money we can buy all the players we want but we wont be able to pay them.

Sounded to me like he was saying K-mac was not one bit happy about being passed over for the managers job.

Just the way he said joint management doesn't work as if that was one of the offers put to him and how he wanted Kevin Mac to assist him but Kevin Mac didn't want to,it was probably mainly in his body language.

Oh I get ya! You never know though I think Kev may have looked at the Everton battering and Newcastle result and just decided to keep his head down, I hope he stays as a coach though but i don`t think he`d cut it as a "boss" he seems too nice if that makes sense.

Mmm i love the way you turn your interpretations and suppositions into a fact. Can you teach me this trick of alchemy?

I don't have any agenda that I am trying to push. I simply heard what he said. He was asked about new signings in January and he said no, then went on to say he didn't particularly like signing players in January and then qualified it by saying that of course players may leave in which case they would need to be replaced. Not sure how I hear that how I want ? I heard it as it was said.

I have said in the past - I said it once and then stopped posting until our new manager was anoounced - the board were as much, probably more at fault for the timing of O'Neils departure by putting him in an untenable position. They also have pulled the rug from under us with lack of investment that was promised to the fans. Having said that, it is my club, been my club far longer than Lerner so I will fully support the new manager and the team as I always have.

Oh I get ya! You never know though I think Kev may have looked at the Everton battering and Newcastle result and just decided to keep his head down, I hope he stays as a coach though but i don`t think he`d cut it as a "boss" he seems too nice if that makes sense.

Hopefully he will stay on with the reserves and as a coach because he has done a cracking job with them but I agree with you he didn't seem "boss" material to me either.

Surely he was talking about his time as co-manager of Liverpool with Roy Evans? It is well reported he hated the arrangement.

I VERY much doubt it was offered to him or Kevin.

Â