Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pires has been dire and just doesnt have the legs, but i give him 10 out of 10 today for having a go at that foul mouth cockney prick, was begging him to just drop one on him.

i'd love ireland to come good just like the rest, but he just seems not interested, we are going to have to spend big in jan/summer.

If randy and GH think the kids are going to do the job then we are in trouble, hogg is an ok player but just doesnt do anything, it was a shocking decision last night to start with delph and hogg in CM, if he was going to play delph then he needed to start petrov or reo-coker.

Should have been Bannan today instead of Pires

yeah we all know better. just look at FM how good we are.

no point mentioning Ireland, he's not going to play for us again

thank f*ck for that.

I don't play FM and surely if were looking long term like we seem to be the younger lad who has started games over Pires should have come on instead of him, is it that hard to come to that conclusion. Thanks for the sarcasm though, very helpful!!

Any truth to this knee injury Gazton? Houllier said Ireland has got a knee injury...He said this on radio wm yesterday.

MM said this the other day too, not sure if you missed it.

Seems to be some thawing in the Ireland situation from my last conversation they really want him to come good but he has to want it .

What do you think about that?

He said this on radio wm yesterday.

This before or after he publicly criticized one of his young players doing his best as on one the other posters on here is looking for the interview.

He didn't say anything about any of the players in that interview, just about who is injured.

It seemed like a full interview to me, they could have cut some out, but why would they do that?

Ok thanks Gazton.

Personally, I think it is a disgrace how Ireland has been treated

Amen to that and, if it's true what MM is saying about a "thaw" on the part of the management, I think SI's refusal to rise to the bait will have helped.

He's been poked, prodded and provoked by GH in the press but has continued to be one of the hardest trainers in the squad and not responded the the public provocation. He's also refused to ask for a transfer, saying that he wants to play here and do well here. Hopefully the management are prepared to give him a decent crack of the whip now.

This before or after he publicly criticized one of his young players doing his best as on one the other posters on here is looking for the interview.

He didn't say anything about any of the players in that interview, just about who is injured.

It seemed like a full interview to me, they could have cut some out, but why would they do that?

Ok thanks Gazton.

The media always cut parts of interviews out.

Exactly im questioning this aswell, I've listened to the only 3 minute interview I can find on BBC WM and there was nothing on Lichaj at all, he even talked about injuries and the fact half of them are back from injury.. why wouldn't he say the Lichaj comments on that? Considering there are no quotes all over the press either.. hmm.

Personally, I think it is a disgrace how Ireland has been treated

Amen to that and, if it's true what MM is saying about a "thaw" on the part of the management, I think SI's refusal to rise to the bait will have helped.

He's been poked, prodded and provoked by GH in the press but has continued to be one of the hardest trainers in the squad and not responded the the public provocation. He's also refused to ask for a transfer, saying that he wants to play here and do well here. Hopefully the management are prepared to give him a decent crack of the whip now.

Houllier may well have ruined a player with the potential to be the very best with his comments, it is obvious Ireland is very much a confidence player who needs support from the manager - look at Arteta, he's a confidence player too and all the Everton fans have been getting on his back saying he's shite and should be dropped and now he's even scared to take a corner at home

Ireland needs time and time is what we should give him as I'm a firm believer we need to build our team around him.

one thing i wont understand though if ireland wants to stay and the hou wnats him out, he is linked with a loan move to celtic. this would make no sense to me.

if hou wants money to strengthen and feels he needs to sell ireland to get more money then fine but on loan makes no sense, we might as well keep him. it would only make sense to me if ireland is desperate to leave and doenst wnat to play for us if he leaves on loan