Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's only played for a total of 30 minutes or something for us at Villa so far... his only made an impact on as a sub (afaik) so to judge on him on that is ridiculous. He hasn't been on for full 90 minutes, he hasn't played on a winning side either.

He came on and made some decent passes and you can see his quick thinking cap was in place and he looked comfortable when he passed the ball.

He's only played for a total of 30 minutes or something for us at Villa so far... his only made an impact on as a sub (afaik) so to judge on him on that is ridiculous. He hasn't been on for full 90 minutes, he hasn't played on a winning side either.

He came on and made some decent passes and you can see his quick thinking cap was in place and he looked comfortable when he passed the ball.

30 minutes?

90 mins vs Newcastle and started and played most of game vs Bolton....

Although hasn't been playing in proper position.

30 minutes?

His not played full 90 minutes and his only been bought on a sub impact three times in the last 10-20 minutes when we were loosing.

edit woops missed that newcastle game (sorry :oops: )

30 minutes?

His not played full 90 minutes and his only been bought on a sub impact three times in the last 10-20 minutes when we were loosing.

edit woops missed that newcastle game (sorry :oops: )

and Bolton.

I won't judge him until he's played correct position though.

Over here people were saying MacDonald was the one playing him in the wrong position.

Well Houllier's taken over, and still we see Ireland stuck in the DM position for most of the time!

Houllier out then? Or perhaps the problem lies somewhere else, me thinks.

Over here people were saying MacDonald was the one playing him in the wrong position.

Well Houllier's taken over, and still we see Ireland stuck in the DM position for most of the time!

Houllier out then? Or perhaps the problem lies somewhere else, me thinks.

Do you mean in the ten minutes he has played under Houiller when we were chasing a game?

Do you mean in the ten minutes he has played under Houiller when we were chasing a game?

In the ten minutes that we were chasing the game, I would have expected him to be playing up front, closer to where Carew and Young was.

Instead it was quite surprising to see him still nearer to where NRC was than Carew was, when we were in need of a goal.

With Carew in such dire form, leaving Young isolated, it would be hard for us to try and slowly pick our way through the middle from deep. Especially when Spurs would obviously be on defensive mode already, as could be seen by them bringing Palacios on.

In the ten minutes that we were chasing the game, I would have expected him to be playing up front, closer to where Carew and Young was.

Instead it was quite surprising to see him still nearer to where NRC was than Carew was, when we were in need of a goal.

With Carew in such dire form, leaving Young isolated, it would be hard for us to try and slowly pick our way through the middle from deep. Especially when Spurs would obviously be on defensive mode already, as could be seen by them bringing Palacios on.

I don't know what your point is. Ireland came on and wanted to make a difference, he can't do that without the ball so he had to go and get it.

He's not going to get it from a one man midfield of NRC. Basically he is poor in central midfield but it is also poor management to play him there whatever the circumstances.

Because Ashley Young is playing behind the striker and that's the postion Ireland should be playing.

You know yourself he isn't a midfield player who is going to do much defending or the fact that you wouldn't want him doing much defending.

I personally want to see him behind the striker and Ashley back out wide.