Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might use the editor to put in some of the players we're linked with and move some of the players linked away.

Out: Sidwell (Fulham), Guzan (Hull), Davies (Leicester), Carew (WBA), Warnock (Blackburn)

In: Rodallega, Figueroa, Makoun, Moussa, Walker (Loan), Benzema (Loan), Joe Lewis, Adam

How do you sell the likes of Beye and Sidwell? It's impossible.

Sidwell does move for a fee, offer to clubs and transfer list him.. I got rid of him after 3-4 clubs were interested in him.

Beye set the price cheaper and offer to clubs and transfer list.. he will also go.

I never got massive fees for the both of them but I wanted them gone anyway.

Carew is also easy to move on (got a £2.5m fee for him and now he is worth £1.4m) sold at the right time.

Finished my first season as Blackburn.

Premier league: 7th

League Cup: Winners

Fa Cup: 5th round vs Chelsea

I didn't have much money to spend so bought in:

Mateja Kezmen (Free)

Jermaine Jenas (Loan)

Gianni Zuiverloon (£2M)

Liegh Griffiths (950k)

Garry O'connor (600k)

Daryl Flahavan (Free)

And i let go off:

Pascal Chimbonda

Jason Roberts

Jason Brown

Kieth Andrews

Frank Fielding

Vincenzo Grella

and some of the younger lads.

My first Team was:

Robinson

Zuiverloon Givet Samba Olsson

Hoillet N'zonzi Dunn/Jenas Pederson

Kallinic Kezmen

Starting my second season and this beauty turned up in my youth team :D

11376431.th.jpg

Finished my first season as Blackburn.

Premier league: 7th

League Cup: Winners

Fa Cup: 5th round vs Chelsea

I didn't have much money to spend so bought in:

Mateja Kezmen (Free)

Jermaine Jenas (Loan)

Gianni Zuiverloon (£2M)

Liegh Griffiths (950k)

Garry O'connor (600k)

Daryl Flahavan (Free)

And i let go off:

Pascal Chimbonda

Jason Roberts

Jason Brown

Kieth Andrews

Frank Fielding

Vincenzo Grella

and some of the younger lads.

My first Team was:

Robinson

Zuiverloon Givet Samba Olsson

Hoillet N'zonzi Dunn/Jenas Pederson

Kallinic Kezmen

Starting my second season and this beauty turned up in my youth team :D

11376431.th.jpg

Where did you get that background/skin from? Does it include kits/badges etc?

How do you win at this? It's impossible. I've played 5 cup games and 5 league games and only managed to keep a clean sheet once. My team are outplayed almost every game in every area. It's frustrating.

So I deleted that save and am starting again. Still don't know what to do though.

finished my 3rd season as villa, finished 3rd (3 points seperated 2nd - 7th) beat sha in the league cup final lost to utd in the fa cup final and qtrs in CL

crazy thing was redknapp, fergie, wenger and a ton of coaches all retired at the end of the season

signed dzeko on a free, sakho for £18m, enyeama for £7m (which the fans hated) sold rui patricio, warnock and let affelay go on loan because he had a match highest earner clause and was on too much

made a bad start to the season, lost to blackburn and sheffield united away then beat stoke at home

Finished my 1st season with Solihull Moors

Blue Square North: 10th

FA Cup: 2nd Qualy Round

FA Trophy: 1/4 Finals

Had to get rid of basically all the squad at the start except for 5 or 6. They weren't good enough and they have a massive squad. No transfer funds and 3.7k for wages. Ended going a bit over that. Also ended up going in debt by about 150k getting rid of people on frees. Nobody would have them.

Basically adapted a tactic I had on my Villa game. Solid defence and try to nick a win. Defence part worked, but didn't have a good enough striker to capatilise. Ended up losing 1-0 after battering teams or drawing 0-0. Had 2nd best defence but something like 16th best attack.

Didn't really sign anyone who's well known. Most well known probably Aaron Moses-Garvey, a former Bluenose striker. Also Joshua Vermooten, a former Leeds defender (South African).

Now just need to improve the midfield and attack a bit and should go up next season. One thing worth mentioning was the inability to loan players. Impossible!! Tried all the way down to League 2 clubs and still wouldn't come. Not really worth trying Conference Premier Reserves as not much better. A hell of a lot easier on previous games. :bang:

Finished my season with Portsmouth - got them promoted to the premier league from championship, 1st spot.. bought owen for a bargain price of £300,000 admittingly he can't last 90 minutes or else he gets injured, got wiemann, macheda, bannan, clark kakuta on loan.. had smalling on loan aswell.

Bought smalling after his loan spell and now I'm under a takeover and they've put a transfer embrago on so I can't buy players or loan any which sucks.

In the FA cup final too.

Got Kyle Walker for £5m rising to £10m (he is great in this game) and asks for cheap wages too.

Finished my 2nd season with Solihull Moors

Blue Square North: 1st

FA Cup: 3rd Round. Lucky draw away to Man Utd to boost the coffers.

FA Trophy: 1st Round

Changed my tactic slightly. Going from counter attacking to control. Worked well.

Got rid of a lot of players from season before and built a new squad again. Not really any well known players apart from our very own Elliot Parish and former Watford/Forest midfielder Gareth Williams.

Had an incredible defence and paired with Parish meant I conceded hardly any. 23 in league out of 42 games, only lost 4 all season too. Scored enough. In FA Cup lost 7-2 away to Utd. That game got me £1 million.

Got Manager of Year. Board have decided to increase training facilities and build a youth academy. Still can't get a parent club though.

Â