Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Burnley offered me the job

First signings

Delph, Clark on loan for 3 months (October 2010)

Gary Gardner £1.5m to join in jan

I always raid Villa :P

On what savegame is that? the QPR one?

Started a new one, with the patch. Got fed up with certain things happening so hoping they don't in this patched game

Beat Everton 2-1 in league cup, first game :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because not every injury is the same and maybe they have seen a problem that would potentially get worse with time, where-as with DJ, they could see how it was mending. I had a foot problem myself and they could give me an idea months before, what I would need and how it would heal, they were right.

Medicals are to identify unknown medical conditions or the severity of existing medical conditions.

in the case of Downing, he had a broken foot, i imagine Boro told us he'll be out for 4 months, and our medical concurred with that.

Just because you're injured, doesn't mean you automatically fail medicals.

Have now finished my 4th season with Villa. This is how I did:

Prem: 3rd. Too many young players and a not so good defence cost me the title. Scored most by a mile.

CL: Won it. Beat Bayern 4-0 in final. Also beat Barcelona on the way (winning 3-0 in Camp Nou).

FA: Won it. Arsenal in final. Also beat Small Heath 5-0 in Quarters.

CC: Lost in Quarters to Spurs. Didn't care. Was an excuse to play youngsters.

Transfers at start of season were: IN - I.Munian (Pre-Contract), T.Taiwo (Pre-Contract), tonnes of good regens for a combined £40m. A few of which went straight into first team.

OUT - J.Collins (£2m), V.D.Wiel (£4.2m), S.Warnock (£2m), Delfouneso (Ln Fee), Wiemann (Ln Fee), S.Lowry (£1.9m), Agbonlahor (Ln Fee), Bale (Ln Fee), C.Adam (Free), R.Mavuba (£5.25m). Lots of youngsters/regens out on loan. S.Ireland (£5m in Jan).

Had to get rid of all those first teamer's on loan fee's because nobody would buy them.

Highlights of the season included winning the double of course. And that win at Camp Nou, where I battered them. Some mega wins in league too i.e. 8-1 v Wigan, 6-0 v Forest/Portsmouth, 5-0 v Burnley/Fulham/Stoke.

Standout performers of the year were: Shawcross again, A.Young, a regen striker.

Now I will win the Club World Championship and done everything I wanted to with Villa. Will decide whether to continue this game or start another at end of next season.

What tactics do you use?

Medicals are to identify unknown medical conditions or the severity of existing medical conditions.

in the case of Downing, he had a broken foot, i imagine Boro told us he'll be out for 4 months, and our medical concurred with that.

yeah thats what i was getting at, in the game if they are injured then they fail whereas in real life thats not the case

btw, had success with private chats (no, not the phone call late at night, AVFCPOB does that!) ;)

Paterson was playing shit, 2 goals in 18 games so I warned him I would transfer list him unless he started playing well, the next 12 games he has 8 goals :)

What tactics do you use?

------------GK

DR----DC------DC----DL

------------DM

--------MC------MC

AMR-------------------AML

------------ST

GK- Sweeper Keeper - Defend

DR- Full Back - Defend

DC- Central Defender - Defend

DC- Central Defender - Defend

DL- Full Back - Defend

DM- Defensive Midfielder - Defend

MC- Box to Box - Support

MC- Central Midfielder - Attack

AMR- Winger - Attack

AML- Winger - Attack

ST- Poacher - Attack

Philosophy - Balanced

Strategy - Attacking

Playing Styles - All default except 1)Creative Freedom - More Disciplined 2)Closing Down - Press More

Burnley are shit! Laws had bought in some crappers before I took over too, I could hardly get a win and only had a few players who would fit my usual formation, so before Christmas I had been playing 4-4-2 and struggled. Finally, Jan comes and I can bring in the players I want, 8 in, 6 out in Jan and the results are starting to change.

started a new game with Crystal Palace to test a tactic i'm working on, media prediction: 22nd in the Championship. made one signing and one loan signing so i pretty much have the squad i started with. 12 games in and i'm top of the Championship and unbeaten:

crystalpalaceresults.th.jpg

either my tactic is working wonders, i've been really lucky, or the media prediction of 22nd severely underrates the Palace squad.

started a new game with Crystal Palace to test a tactic i'm working on, media prediction: 22nd in the Championship. made one signing and one loan signing so i pretty much have the squad i started with. 12 games in and i'm top of the Championship and unbeaten:

crystalpalaceresults.th.jpg

either my tactic is working wonders, i've been really lucky, or the media prediction of 22nd severely underrates the Palace squad.

what tactic you playing?

I'm looking to start a new game...

so Far i've got Villa and Portsmouth.. My Villa one I might scrap as I don't personally like it, squad etc all seems wrong - i spent way too much on some players.

So i'm looking to start a new game, probably PL or something, my aim is to sign free agents and "wonderkids" aswell as cheap experienced players.. the club must have some kitty though for the experienced players to come and my aim is to get Europa League depending on the club... now to find "that club".

Gone back to my Portsmouth save (had a different file before I left the club) and been using a slightly altered 442 I had developed. Used it 9 games and won 5 lost 4. I'm out the relegation zone, clear by 5 points.

I might just have a chance of staying up if my form carries on. At the beginning of January so still a long way to go yet.

Desperately need a left back Dickinson just isn't a premier league player. Cleverly and O'Hara have been quality this season, Stuani was doing great when I changed the tactic but tore his hamstring and will be out for 3 months

yeah thats what i was getting at, in the game if they are injured then they fail whereas in real life thats not the case

Yeh fair point

Â