Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Fulham might well accept it because we'd have to pay compensation which would effectively cover his contract. That's enough for at least one player if not two. Then they could easily get another unemployed manager (Zola, Curbs, Southgate) who would probably do an effective job at Fulham.

Fayed just sold Harrods and is richer than Lerner. I think he is looking forward to making a success of his new appointment and is not going to flog him off for a quick pound.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Randy's style? Did we think sell to buy was Randy's style? Why would Ireland come for talks with no manager here, not knowing whether he will even play or not? It's one of the two out of Hughes and Sven in my opinion.
yes,we where all told it was buy to sell,and i dont think Randy is the sort to go sniffing around a manager thats only there a few weeks..

But did we expect it a few years ago? Get this far then have to sell our assets to free up money for more squad players?

a few years ago w wouldnt have though MON could spunk so much money on pure and utter shite,but he did thats life.all i'm saying is Randy isn't the sort to go messing around with another clubs manager that only has the job a wet day,anyway Hughes would be a crap manager for us.we'd end up with a team of butchers..

You never know, football is a funny old game and anything can happen out of the blue as we know very well - I still believe he is one of our top targets though and we could easily buy his contract out if we wanted to.

Not Randy's style? Did we think sell to buy was Randy's style? Why would Ireland come for talks with no manager here, not knowing whether he will even play or not? It's one of the two out of Hughes and Sven in my opinion.
yes,we where all told it was buy to sell,and i dont think Randy is the sort to go sniffing around a manager thats only there a few weeks..

But did we expect it a few years ago? Get this far then have to sell our assets to free up money for more squad players?

a few years ago w wouldnt have though MON could spunk so much money on pure and utter shite,but he did thats life.all i'm saying is Randy isn't the sort to go messing around with another clubs manager that only has the job a wet day,anyway Hughes would be a crap manager for us.we'd end up with a team of butchers..

You never know, football is a funny old game and anything can happen out of the blue as we know very well - I still believe he is one of our top targets though and we could easily buy his contract out if we wanted to.

i'd rather get Sven than Hughes if i'm been honest,i think the type of players he could get would be better.plues we wouldnt have to pay any other team off..

I think Klinsmann is the best we can expect really, and other than the Jol the only one I'd really be happy with.

When manager of Germany, he took a great interest in bringing through younger players to replace the old ones from the previous Euros, so we could count on him to keep faith with the academy.

He took Germany to the World Cup semis despite huge criticism from the national press during the qualifying campaign, which shows he can handle pressure, get a system of playing in place and quickly identify his best team.

And personally I think Bayern fired him prematurely. He may have been not getting the best of results, but towards the end of his reign the team were on the up, and I think taking over a project like Villa, where the aims are long-term, he'd be given the time to establish himself and produce future results.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. He's played here before, so he knows the football culture, he speaks decent English, and he's not afraid to really shake things up. Just what we need in my opinion.

Sven is listed as the number 46 manager of ALL TIME by this one site I just looked up. And we have people complaining about this...I will admit he has been great in this decade but would it be that terrible having a manager who has won the Swedish, Portugese, and Italian leagues?? I would like someone foreign and younger with experience though if we cant afford Sven or whatever. That leaves Bilic, Klinnsmann, Zola...

Fulham might well accept it because we'd have to pay compensation which would effectively cover his contract. That's enough for at least one player if not two. Then they could easily get another unemployed manager (Zola, Curbs, Southgate) who would probably do an effective job at Fulham.

Fayed just sold Harrods and is richer than Lerner. I think he is looking forward to making a success of his new appointment and is not going to flog him off for a quick pound.

Not initially. But like managers who have unhappy players *cough MILNER cough*, no owner wants a manager who has said he wants to leave. Should Hughes do that (personally I don't think he will) then Fayed may not want to take a stand. But he probably will. He's crazy.

I'm thinking it will be Bradley or Klinsman

I read that Klinsman is a friend of Randy's 306 but I can't really see him joining us but Bradley is a contender and I'm sure he would come. I would like Jol but we would need to buy out his contract and in the current climate I doubt we would want to spend the money to do that. I think Randy sees the need for a big name but may go for Bradley rather than say Southgate, Curbs or Zola. An outside shout might be Pearce.

martin jol for his eufa, premiership and european league experience seems the logical choice, as would sven. the negative press sven can bring is not ideal, however he plays decent football and can find a player, he has worldwide contacts.

This.

These two would be at the top of my shortlist if I was Lerner. Out of the two I think I'd prefer Sven in all honesty. He is a good club manager and did a good job when he was at Man City.

I think Martin Jol would jump at the chance to join us. The Premier League is where it's at. He wanted the post at Fulham but Ajax threatened to sue him. Lerner is not Ellis so I can't see a safe choice like Curbishley being made.

I'd much prefer Curbishley to Sven I think ...

Moyes....Hughes, Jol but don't think we'll get them.

Even worse than Shearer it could be Andy Gray!!

Why would you want Curbishley over Sven?

Curbishley has never won anything and his only success was keeping Charlton mid table for the length of time he did, if we're to progress surely we require something with a track record that is a bit better than that.

Sven on the other hand has won the double in three different countries.

Stop thinking football, its about $$$$. therefore Bradley is nailed on, think about it, the whole of the US would be watching us, well for a week at least. Sorry guys, but lets face it, good football or not, its all about the money!

I just don't like the media roadshow that goes with Sven..

I like Alan Curbishley.. he's down to earth....seems a bit of a miserable get sometimes. but would just get on with the job.

Did a good job with Charlton, just couldn't bear the Icelandic mess at West Ham & left.

I don't think he'd have that at Villa and I think he'd work with the youngsters.