Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a sneaky suspicion that Lerner is going to go on the cheap for the hire. I'm guessing he'll pick Bradley, which by far is my last pick.

Why would he do this? 'Going for the cheap option' wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. In comparison to player fees and wages management hardly compare, yet is the most important area of the team. I have faith the board will make the right decision. It's almost like people think the board is completely skint, in absolute financial meltdown and the end of the world is nigh, it's really not the case. A line was just drawn with O'neill's spending, which simply had to be done considering our losses last year.

Please god not Curbishley!!!!!!

Why not?

He is everything I hate about the premiership manager merry-go-round.

An extremely average manager who still manages to live off a modicum of success he had almost 10 years ago. His brand of football is insipid, not unlike his personality, and he has no experience of dealing with a top 6 club, never mind the champions league (well I can dream).

In short I can't understand why anyone would want him!

Curbishley would be a real backward step for the club as would southgate IMO and i dont think lerner will go for either of them but i may be proved wrong and this would put the club back to pre oneil days but hey ho villa will survive whoever comes in

There is no ideal choice but for me bradley would o an amicable job and may even surprise us all

Simon Grayson is a good shout. Wouldn't mind seeing him here.

If Grayson is a good shout I'd hate to hear what the question was.

:lol:

Ok maybe not a good shout but better than some of the names being bandied around.

Martin Jol is too much of a long shot.

He almost left Ajax to join Fulham, because the Ajax ownership wanted to sell the best players, and wouldn't provide adequate funds to push forward.

Why would he then join a team where the owners are selling the best players and there isn't much money to spend?