Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I can't think of a real downside so far to Martin leaving a week ago.

We've got a capable man in charge in Kev Mac. All the squad are now back in the frame for a starting place, there is competition for places again. We've seen two good performances from Albrighton and Clark. We're about to bank 18mil plus a capable replacement for Milner.

It was just time for a new manager to take over. Seems obvious now, I'm looking forward to the season. I still think we need to sell Beye, Davies, Sidwell and Heskey and then hopefully get Martin Jol at some point, maybe even next May.

But I'll be happy with a top 8 finish, a bit of a run in the Europa League and for 3 of the players I mentioned to depart from Kev Mac before he goes back to his day job and we get Jol in.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all the same squad and yet we played better on saturday than at any other time in the last four years.

It's such rubbish statements like this that are irritating. That is 100% total and utter bollax, we've had many better performances under O'Neill. It was **** West Ham, a garbage team.

I can think of a certain 5-1 thumping of SHA being a fine performance. The 6-0 against Derby and 4-0 against Bolton that preceeded it weren't bad either.

That's overlooking the wins we've had over United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

So best performance of the last four years? Oh do shut up.

the "mon haters" as you so childishly call them just wanted him to play the other half of said squad occassionally.

I'm pleased that you didn't see yourself as a MON hater. There are those who came close, and plenty of people whose criticism went beyond wanting him to "play the other half of the squad".

Don't forget: It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Did O'Neill put us in the shit? I'm pretty sure I saw a talented squad dismantle West Ham with ease a couple of days ago. Was I dreaming?

I was a MON fan.

But what manager leaves a club a few days before the season, with players set to leave and no-one incoming.

its all the same squad and yet we played better on saturday than at any other time in the last four years.

It's such rubbish statements like this that are irritating. That is 100% total and utter bollax, we've had many better performances under O'Neill. It was **** West Ham, a garbage team.

I can think of a certain 5-1 thumping of SHA being a fine performance. The 6-0 against Derby and 4-0 against Bolton that preceeded it weren't bad either.

That's overlooking the wins we've had over United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

So best performance of the last four years? Oh do shut up.

Wins over SHA,Derby and Bolton.....not exactly Europe's elite is it....

That said, thats the first time ive left in Villa Park in 2 years having been genuinely entertained, no **** centre halves at RB, no Right back at **** left back, a winger who actually takes a full back on. Its the first time in 3 years ive seen Petrov make a forward run and get on the end of a cross a la Taylor, Lampard, Gerrard, he never did that under O'Neill. We passed the ball, we looked bright, we could had 6, we blooded some kids who have been knocking on the door for 2 seasons... so totally agree with original poster

Did O'Neill put us in the shit? I'm pretty sure I saw a talented squad dismantle West Ham with ease a couple of days ago. Was I dreaming?

I was a MON fan.

But what manager leaves a club a few days before the season, with players set to leave and no-one incoming.

What players are set to leave the club with none coming in? Milner for Ireland, and Shorey was sold. That's it.

I think the lack of funds to get any coming in was the reason for his departure.

Anyway, he left for reasons Lerner has stated. Their relationship had clearly broken down and if that was the case I'm glad he decided to leave as it would've been bad for both the club and Martin had he stayed in the job with stuff like that lingering.

I'm glad he left and Kev Mac has taken over. Time for a new chapter.

No, course not. Who gives a monkeys about the opposition. The Villa were brighter than i've seen for ages, truthfully how many times in the last 2 years have you come out of VP thinking "**** me, we played well today" ? How many times did we play good footballers like Luke Young and Carlos Cuellar in wrong positions meaning teams could exploit this, how many times could we pass the ball without an aimless hoof forward - saw none of that Saturday

Excuse me, I'm looking for the thread where we discuss the next manager?

Rikjaard, please. But KM can stay in any capacity he wants, even if Rikjaard has to wait till January.

When the Liverpool job came up, Rikjaard said there was no chance he would break his contract so can't see him doing that for us

I know this has been spouted about all over the place but the jobs KM's if he wants it - That's what I've heard today from a very good club source.

Also heard loads of bad mouthing of MON from within the club as most the staff (don't know about players/coaches) couldn't wait to see the back of the bloke.