Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

There is also a problem that could occur, if we lose a few games - the fans could get on his back and be wondering where our "big name" manager is.

Are you Lee Dixon in disguise?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to konw is: are RL and his VP staff undertaking the search unaided, or are they taking any external advice?

I don't want to worry you, but I did pass AV1 heading in the direction of Bodymoor Heath last Monday evening....

You do know that the most dangerous road in the world is the one between Doug Ellis and a TV camera don't you? :)

we need to blow the turkish FA out of the water for guus hiddink. it won't take much their economy is fúcked.

How about Alpay as his number 2?

If I was interim manager for the west ham game people would be clamouring for me to be manager.

we need to blow the turkish FA out of the water for guus hiddink. it won't take much their economy is fúcked.

How about Alpay as his number 2?

If I was interim manager for the west ham game people would be clamouring for me to be manager.

If Inter Milan couldn't make it happen I can't see how we can.

There is also a problem that could occur, if we lose a few games - the fans could get on his back and be wondering where our "big name" manager is.

Are you Lee Dixon in disguise?

Someone has already said that to me Today!

I originally heard someone mention it on Talksport on Friday and agreed with what was said..

Lee Dixon must have heard it too :winkold:

How about Gary Charles for manager? With Fernando Nelson as his number 2 and Gareth Farrely as DoF.

People just seem to be randomly naming villa players and thinking they should be manager or assistant!

If you are serious, then it's something I wouldn't even mind :oops:

He's always done a good job as long as the owners are okay, the big problem is that he isn't exactly going to be here long term, that said, I think he only leaves if he believes he can't do any better than he has done so I suppose that isn't a huge bad thing. I don't think you can really question his ability to bring results and play good football.

I think someone said though that Randy wants someone for the long term so pretty much rules that out.

Did O'Neill put us in the shit? I'm pretty sure I saw a talented squad dismantle West Ham with ease a couple of days ago. Was I dreaming?

'Zackly. Randy Lerner is very lucky that the West Ham game went the way it did, or the mood on here would be quite different.

Anyone is entitled to leave their job if their boss doesn't treat them the way they feel they should be.

The MON haters will say that any successes now are due to using subs/different formations, etc. but try not to forget that MON built the squad. We'll see how things go in the next few games.

Hopefully the MON haters are right, and we've been sitting on a poorly-used goldmine of talent :)

Did O'Neill put us in the shit? I'm pretty sure I saw a talented squad dismantle West Ham with ease a couple of days ago. Was I dreaming?

'Zackly. Randy Lerner is very lucky that the West Ham game went the way it did, or the mood on here would be quite different.

Anyone is entitled to leave their job if their boss doesn't treat them the way they feel they should be.

The MON haters will say that any successes now are due to using subs/different formations, etc. but try not to forget that MON built the squad. We'll see how things go in the next few games.

Hopefully the MON haters are right, and we've been sitting on a poorly-used goldmine of talent :)

no-one has ever said that he didnt put together a good squad - the "mon haters" as you so childishly call them just wanted him to play the other half of said squad occassionally.

regarding the "subs/formations etc", nothing else has changed has it? - not one single new arrival, its all the same squad and yet we played better on saturday than at any other time in the last four years. i cant prove that it was because mon wasnt there but it certainly is a strange coincidence.