Barry Bannan

villianusa

I saw BB with Weimann in Marbs this weekend, would love to say i had a chat and got some inside goss, but i just avoided him as he looked like he was veru dissinterested. Did make me think though, if him and AW are mates, be a bad time to off load him, while we are negotiating AW contract.

• Like 1

After what that t wat Holloway said about Villa I wouldn't sell or loan him anyone except Steve Hodge!

I have nothing against Bannan but I just don't think he is ever going to cut it at Villa, good luck to him for the future.

First thing first, there is no such thing as the Premier League. There is an SPL and there is the PL but no Premier League.

You are technically right (which, according to Futurama, is the BEST kind of right) but everybody outside of the UK calls it the Premier League so as not to be confused.

After all, I used to play in the Premier League when I was younger - but not the Premier League.

Doesn't really matter how many people call something by the wrong name, it is still wrong.

I saw BB with Weimann in Marbs this weekend, would love to say i had a chat and got some inside goss, but i just avoided him as he looked like he was veru dissinterested. Did make me think though, if him and AW are mates, be a bad time to off load him, while we are negotiating AW contract.

If Bannan goes to Celtic then Weimann might seriously consider Newcastle. That place us waaaaaay up north, somewhere close to Scotland I understand.

Bannan has similar attributes to Charlie Adam in the sense that they both love to ping a ball,great left foots and superb technique. Wouldn't surpise me if he went on loan to them this year but i agree Holloway was a nob to us. He would suit Celtic aswell though.

Bannan has similar attributes to Charlie Adam in the sense that they both love to ping a ball,great left foots and superb technique. Wouldn't surpise me if he went on loan to them this year but i agree Holloway was a nob to us. He would suit Celtic aswell though.

Bannan is great at pinging the ball to Louis Suarez!

Give it a rest, it was 1 mistake. Get over it :L

Bannan is great at pinging the ball to nobody!

I very much doubt that Weimann will making career judgement on any so called friendship with Bannan.  So what?  Barcelona come in for him and he says "no because Barry is still in the uk" ?

After what that t wat Holloway said about Villa I wouldn't sell or loan him anyone except Steve Hodge!

I have nothing against Bannan but I just don't think he is ever going to cut it at Villa, good luck to him for the future.

After what Hollow head said about our Club I can think of no better retribution than offloading waste of space Bannan onto him. That should at least guarantee one relegation spot filled next season.

• Like 1

Me?  :)  I got over it the minute Bannan was dropped (thank god!)  As for Bannan?  :(  Well he obviously didn't get over it because he became even crapper still after that monumental error if ofcourse  it was even possible to become even worse than he already was?

The facts speak for themselves, No Bannan = No Relegation.

Me?  :)  I got over it the minute Bannan was dropped (thank god!)  As for Bannan?  :(  Well he obviously didn't get over it because he became even crapper still after that monumental error if ofcourse  it was even possible to become even worse than he already was?

'monumental error' did it lead to a goal? Also did he play after the Liverpool game? No. So we can't judge if he's improved, can we?

As for the 'No Bannan = No Relegation' that would be true if Bannan played no part in this season and in previous seasons got us relegated, but actually he did play a part in this season(and quite a significant part for that matter) and he's never got us relegated.

'monumental error' did it lead to a goal? Also did he play after the Liverpool game? No. So we can't judge if he's improved, can we?

As for the 'No Bannan = No Relegation' that would be true if Bannan played no part in this season and in previous seasons got us relegated, but actually he did play a part in this season(and quite a significant part for that matter) and he's never got us relegated.

When Bannan played he was piss poor. Practically everybodies heart sunk when his name appeared on the team sheet. You could hear the groans all around the ground when Bannans name was announced on the PA. Had he continued to play we would definitely have gone down. No question. I know for fact from the majority of posters on this site that many people feel exactly the same way.

You are entitled to your opinion. That is your prerogative.

Can our arguement be proven? Thankfully no, because hopefully the exit door will soon be revolving with that completely awful, useless & totally shocking liability.

You will never know how relieved I was the minute he was taken out of our team. Only then did I think we had a chance.

Jeez is he still here? From what I have seen on twitter AW is mates with BB and Lichaj so hopefully he will just have to make friends with someone else. I can't see him basing his career on the trials and tribulations of Bannan?

Villa-Revolution is really enjoying himself not rating Bannan so I'm quite happy for him to have his own opinion.

Me, all the evidence is in he is top class, world class potential who needs a sustained opportunity.

Fact is, he could be playing Champions League football with Celtic next year and, if he's on form, not look out of place. He's got the technical ability.

It's amazing how two people can have such divergent views about the same player.

Villa-Revolution is really enjoying himself not rating Bannan so I'm quite happy for him to have his own opinion.

Me, all the evidence is in he is top class, world class potential who needs a sustained opportunity.

Fact is, he could be playing Champions League football with Celtic next year and, if he's on form, not look out of place. He's got the technical ability.

It's amazing how two people can have such divergent views about the same player.

to be fair it's not just two people though is it?

• Like 1

Wow. Just wow. It's not a case of 2 people having a hugely differing view. I reckon it's a 90/10 split against Bannan.

He does not have the ability to become anywhere near world class. He's had runs in the team and he hasn't managed to cement a place, which to me speaks volumes about his ability-or lack of.

You can come back at me with all the stats you like but it won't alter my opinion of Bannan-having sat in the stands the last 2 seasons watching him 'steal' a living as a footballer i can honestly say i wish him no harm or anything but i can't wait for the day that he's no longer a Villa player.

Thank you Con, You are right! I am totally enjoying it! :)

Also, I will have my own opinion whether it makes you happy or not & that goes for everybody else too. My opinion is not dependent on permission from anybody else.

There are many opinions I don't like on this site but that's just tough or hilarious dependent upon your point of view.

I can live quite comfortably with opinions no matter how extreme or offensive because thankfully it's a free world & I am open minded! :D