Barry Bannan

villianusa

Diarra is quality but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. The guy has a bit of an ego and if he ever come to us it wouldn't be because he wanted to play for Aston Villa.

while this is true i only think he is as guilty as every other footballer. Hes just a little more honest. For instance didnt he state at pompey that he saw them as a stepping stone, gave his all on the pitch and moved on to a bigger club. Compare that to the roles played by Milner and Barry, i dont see how hes any different.

Good point, well made. Although, I think the comparison to Barry is a little harsh given his years of service and the fact he gave MON three years when he could have gone to Spurs at the start. :winkold:

it was Portsmouth, £4.5m but MON got him to change his mind.

Not really a step up.

Diarra is quality but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. The guy has a bit of an ego and if he ever come to us it wouldn't be because he wanted to play for Aston Villa.

while this is true i only think he is as guilty as every other footballer. Hes just a little more honest. For instance didnt he state at pompey that he saw them as a stepping stone, gave his all on the pitch and moved on to a bigger club. Compare that to the roles played by Milner and Barry, i dont see how hes any different.

He's probably also had his ego checked a little seen as he hasn't really been a regualr at any of his CL clubs. Well he was at RM until JM got there i think.

As a depleted Scotland side prepare to face the Faroe Islands at Pittodrie, captain Darren Fletcher has heaped praise and expectation on Barry Bannan by comparing the young Aston Villa player with some of the worlds best midfielders, including Spanish duo Andres Iniesta and Xavi.

The diminutive Airdrie-born Scot has already made an impressive start to his Villa career - including a starring performance against Manchester United at the weekend - whilst captaining his country at Under-21 level throughout most of their European Championship qualifiers.

But does he have the temperament to cope with the eyes of the nation upon him? STV asked St Margaret’s High School football coach John Mullen how he thinks his former pupil will handle his first full Scotland bow.

“I’m delighted to see him up there in the squad,” said Mullen. “I would imagine that he will play well tonight and I don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t as the Faroes game is a perfect way to get him started.

“I’ve always known him as a terrific wee player. Even before he came to the school, his teacher at Alexandria Primary told me that I had a great player coming my way so I knew to look out for him.

“Even back then he had all the attributes you could ask for in a player and he was always motivated and gave a lot to the team.”

Bannan played under John for four years before signing schoolboy forms with Aston Villa and the local coach believes that the midfielder was always capable of making it at the top of his profession.

“I’m not the least bit surprised that he has made it to the first team,” he said. “The only thing I would say is that he was very small when he played here but it never put him off from making the hard tackles or taking boys on.

“But it says something if Aston Villa weren’t put off by that because he has a big heart and that shows in the way he plays.

“He got his point across and I don’t think he will be shy in telling team mates if he thinks that they aren’t cutting it.”

http://tinyurl.com/387aa7g

To be honest, that pass against Fulham was as good as a pass forom Xavi, and he's only 20. I know its important not to get ahead of ourselves but if he continues to progress like he is, he could be very very good. Maybe even "world class". It all depedns on these next few years.