Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, we still have some fansliving in cloud cookoo land thinking everything will be okay and we'll master the arts of the transfer market thanks to the talented Alex McLeish and the board.

It'll probably take a relegation for them to realise the shit has hit the fan.

Spot on - we are a bottom half team from now on.

Goodbye Five Year Plan, Hello Championship

t107367_Jesus%20facepalm.jpg

If we sign anything of the quality of Young and Downing I'll be staggered.

N'Zogbia nearly done. Hes on par if not better than those two. IMO of course.

He's not though is he - if he was better than Young, MU would have signed him for half the cost. I didn't think that Downing was all that but just 'cos he's left us doesn't suddenly make him crap

We have'nt signed Zog yet but if we do he will be a level below Young and we will have gone backwards

Sadly for you, nobody else in world football shares your view.

He's not though is he - if he was better than Young, MU would have signed him for half the cost. I didn't think that Downing was all that but just 'cos he's left us doesn't suddenly make him crap

We have'nt signed Zog yet but if we do he will be a level below Young and we will have gone backwards

So by that thought process Bebe and Obertan are also better than Nzogbia.

Bookmarked for future gloating :)

Given what we know at the moment where do you see us finishing then?

Top 8 is my prediction

I hope so but I think about 12th-14th will be more our mark.

Fed up!!!

I thought you were predicting relegation?

So by that thought process Bebe and Obertan are also better than Nzogbia.

I wouldn't have thought so? MU wasted about £6m on Bebe and £3m on Obertan.

My "thought process" was that if Zog was a better player than Young, MU would have bought him for £8m or £9m rather than spend £17m on Young.

I'll take Fergie's view on whose the better player between N'Zogbia and Young over yours I think

My "thought process" was that if Zog was a better player than Young, MU would have bought him for £8m or £9m rather than spend £17m on Young.

I'll take Fergie's view on whose the better player between N'Zogbia and Young over yours I think

But they still signed these players over Nzogbia ergo they are better than Nzogbia because otherwise Fergie would of signed Nzobia. That was basically your argument as to why Young is a better player than Nzogbia.

Again just because a player is signed somewhere over another player does not make them a bad player or not as good. Liverpool signed Carroll not Bent, is Carroll better than Bent is he ****.

But they still signed these players over Nzobia ergo they are better than Nzogbia because otherwise Fergie would of signed Nzobia. That was basically your argument as to why Young is a better player than Nzogbia.

Er, no it wasn't

Not really, he has just used us as a stepping stone to get to where he wanted to get.

He's done a lot less than what Bent did, he did a lot less than what NZogbia is about to do.

He was relegated with Boro, he was crocked, we offerred him PL footie, he took it, he played bloody well and now he has a chance to go where he wants.

Personally, I haven't got an issue with it - at least he has been honest and at least he put his money where his mouth was.

But they still signed these players over Nzogbia ergo they are better than Nzogbia because otherwise Fergie would of signed Nzogbia. That was basically your argument as to why Young is a better player than Nzogbia.

Er, no it wasn't

if he was better than Young, MU would have signed him

Whats that mean then?

But they still signed these players over Nzobia ergo they are better than Nzogbia because otherwise Fergie would of signed Nzobia. That was basically your argument as to why Young is a better player than Nzogbia.

Er, no it wasn't

Deciding which player is better is subjective. My argument is that the only objective comparison is how much someone is prepared to pay. Young went for £17m. Zog (with the same amount of contract left) will probably go for about half that.

Fergie could have spent £9m on Zog or £17m on Young - if he thought Zog was a better player he would have bought him and trousered £8m. But he didn't

I hope we sign Zog as I think he's decent but you need your head examined if you think he's better than Young

Not interested in NZogbia but its good to hear that the Ginger Ninja has been on the phone to let you know that the deal is nearly done Stu!

I am hoping that Randy has signed off a 35 milllion triple swoop on Man City to pick up James Milner, Adam Johnson and Shay Given. That might tempt me out of this melancholy attitude to all things AV.

I hope we sign Zog as I think he's decent but you need your head examined if you think he's better than Young

Maybe I do then, but equally I think you need yours examined if you think Young is twice the player. To me I think its much of a muchness, they both have high assist rates and goals, difference being Nzogbia doesnt take every pen corner free kick going and arguably plays in a worse team.

Â