How long do you spend on VT? (Rough costs now on page 3)

paddy

How long do you spend on VT each week?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you spend on VT each week?

• Less than an hour (and I donate)
    • Less than an hour (and I don't donate)
    • 1-3 hours (and I donate)
    • 1-3 hours (and I don't donate)
    • 4-6 hours (and I donate)
    • 4-6 hours (and I don't donate)
    • 7-9 hours (and I donate)
    • 7-9 hours (and I don't donate)
    • 10 or more hours (and I donate)
    • 10 or more hours (and I don't donate)

I never realised how long I spent on VT up until now when I saw the hours laid out by Paddy.... I dont want to say as I would probably be fired for saying it! :D It is a great site though and makes my days alot shorter! Keep it up Simon! :D

I never realised how long I spent on VT up until now when I saw the hours laid out by Paddy.... I dont want to say as I would probably be fired for saying it! :D It is a great site though and makes my days alot shorter! Keep it up Simon! :D

get that chequebook out then you tight git ;-)

It came out! :D

You still owe me a pint anyway! :lol: :winkold:

It came out! :D

You still owe me a pint anyway! :lol: :winkold:

Logged.

next time we're at Wembley mate :winkold: :P

Gold Lion already there for you! Si working fast today. :)

There are two options that are the same up there and I think one needs altering

So there are. Second one (fourth option) should say "don't donate" but it won't let me edit it. Presumably only mods can edit polls.

I spend far too long on here really, usually just reading crap but it beats revising webTAG and the Appraisal of Transport Projects.

I also donated in light of this thread seen as so many others have contributed.

I spend at least 15 hours a week on here, but been skint so haven't donated. However, i've suddenly become a little bit 'richer' so i'll be donating from now on, seeing as i get a lot from this site.

Great site and good job mods.

good stuff lads. I guess it would be good if Si could put a loose figure on how much ut costs to "run" or maintain this site, as it were, so we could see what we're donating too/helping with etc.

I think it involves a fair bit of hardware, but also a fair bit of "personal time" too, which is much more difficult to put a figure on.

Having spoken to people in the know:

There are three servers which for hosting, power and bandwidth cost around 50 quid each per month. This doesn't reflect the costs of buying them in the first place, nor the erratic revenues from ads and donations. Nor does it reflect the time that Simon puts into running the site. Which he (obviously) is not paid for.

I imagine that's more than most people thought. Certainly more than I did.

Having spoken to people in the know:

There are three servers which for hosting, power and bandwidth cost around 50 quid each per month. This doesn't reflect the costs of buying them in the first place, nor the erratic revenues from ads and donations. Nor does it reflect the time that Simon puts into running the site. Which he (obviously) is not paid for.

I imagine that's more than most people thought. Certainly more than I did.

:shock:

so, it costs a minimum of £150 PER MONTH to run Villa Talk. Plus Si's time and effort.

That is a lot more than I thought too, and is a genuine eye opener as to why we need to get as many donations in as we can, to keep this place running, and to help Simon out.

:nod:

There should be a little target bar, and if he (Si/Limpid) is falling short, then everyone will know to chip in, watch the videos, click on the ads etc.

Â