Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished BSG. Season 1 is good. Season 2 is excellent. The first few episodes of Season 3 are good. The rest is absolutely tosh.

I mean, really awful. And when you think it couldn't get sillier, they manage it, again and again.

That doesn't sound very encouraging as I've been struggling with season 2 at times. At its worst it reminds me of The Tribe (kids' programme that was on channel 5).

Despite these misgivings I need to know how it all ends.

I was a bit too happy when the religious woman got killed by a landmine. All the magic arrow and tomb business needs to stop.

I wouldn't call it cheesy that's for sure, it just takes a bit of adjustment to the talking etc.. 

Last episode of first season is good. 

It's the cheesiest thing I've watched since The Walking Dead.

But it's fine, I can cope with that as long as it's good. Which it is (and which the Walking Dead isn't)

Finished BSG. Season 1 is good. Season 2 is excellent. The first few episodes of Season 3 are good. The rest is absolutely tosh.

I mean, really awful. And when you think it couldn't get sillier, they manage it, again and again.

That doesn't sound very encouraging as I've been struggling with season 2 at times. At its worst it reminds me of The Tribe (kids' programme that was on channel 5).

Despite these misgivings I need to know how it all ends.

I was a bit too happy when the religious woman got killed by a landmine. All the magic arrow and tomb business needs to stop.

It does change direction a good bit from the overly mythic cryptic stuff that the arrow and all that meant. It keeps plenty of religous themes and that but I didn't like the Arrow bit either tbh. Visions and that seem fine. But some of the next parts are exceptional. Got to Pegasus yet in Season 2?

I wouldn't call it cheesy that's for sure, it just takes a bit of adjustment to the talking etc.. 

Last episode of first season is good. 

It's the cheesiest thing I've watched since The Walking Dead.

But it's fine, I can cope with that as long as it's good. Which it is (and which the Walking Dead isn't)

I never thought too much of it until later in Season 2 tbh. So I'd say I was the same as you about now. Interested enough to stay watching but not even remotely close to how much I think of it now. 

This is total spoilers of the entire show. Don't read unless you've finished it all. 

Pegasus in season 2 all of that was awesome.

New Caprica and the suicide bombing of the humans against the Cylons. This happened at the time American soldiers were being killed by suicide bombings in Iraq. Yet in BSG "the good guys" were doing it and you actually empathised with them. Best TV ever.

Finding Earth Nuked and barren. Best Holy f**k moment in TV until GoT. Then Dee shoots herself in the next episode after having a nice day with Lee. 

The mutiny near the end when they execute the corum. 

I loved the ending too.

Each to their own but you can see why it's a near universally acclaimed show. Gutsy writing in so many parts.

The ending made me want to headbutt the screen. Awful. I couldn't forgive the show after Starbucks inexplicable and still unexplained resurrection, and an interview I read after told me what I suspected - a lot of it was written as they went. They had the ending in sight, for better or worse, but there was too much faffing about and they couldn't tie it all up. I mean, All Along The Watchtower? WTF? Headdesk.

There are a lot of good moments but when I think about it, all the best moments had nothing to do with the story 'arc', but more to do with politics and, what the show did best, loss.

Pegasus is the best part of the show, though, and if it weren't for a few too many momentum sapping character episodes, the second series would be up there with the best TV series around

The ending made me want to headbutt the screen. Awful. I couldn't forgive the show after Starbucks inexplicable and still unexplained resurrection, and an interview I read after told me what I suspected - a lot of it was written as they went. They had the ending in sight, for better or worse, but there was too much faffing about and they couldn't tie it all up. I mean, All Along The Watchtower? WTF? Headdesk.

There are a lot of good moments but when I think about it, all the best moments had nothing to do with the story 'arc', but more to do with politics and, what the show did best, loss.

Pegasus is the best part of the show, though, and if it weren't for a few too many momentum sapping character episodes, the second series would be up there with the best TV series around

Starbuck died, an angel came back to guide them the their new home. Gaius was guided by an angel in No6 and vice versa. There was only one God and he is guiding both Cylons and Humans to their new destiny to break the cycle (this has happened before and will happen again). It is open ended leading us to modern day New York and asking if we'd do the same in our future.

Show is unquestionably the best TV show ever. But I always knew the ending and how it played out would not be to everyones liking. 

I'm glad it's lauded by critics and not just a cult hit. 

btw The Newsroom is the worst TV show I've ever seen. I actually want to find Sorkin and physically strangle him to death, you preachy arrogant, think your dialogue is so educated and witty, laughably manipulative, nausiatingly american sentimental bullshit show. 

It's poison. Vile bullshit. I cannot imagine anything worse that this dogshit. 

I **** love The Newsroom

edit, do admit I can see why some wouldn't like it, mind especially if you have polar opposite politics to Sorkin, but that's not a problem for me. 

and Jeff Daniels is great. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

End of BSG season 1 was good.

I still hate Starbuck

Can't say I liked her at all in first season. But all the characters change considerably as the show goes on.

Good ending for that series. Military Coup was coming the seeds were being sown from early days. A government can't remain when it's in a perpetual military state.

Also it drives home the fact the enemy could be anyone anywhere and they may not even know it yet. Sleeper agents. You'd be paranoid as fck.

The geek at work kept telling me to watch the big bang theory, claiming it was 'the funniest show ever'.

About as funny as cancer. Awful. I honestly can't think of one American comedy show I have ever seen that has made me even smirk. British TV shows are pretty awful but our comedies are incredible

Edit: entourage is the only good American comedy show if it can be classed as a comedy?!

Edited by donnie

btw The Newsroom is the worst TV show I've ever seen. I actually want to find Sorkin and physically strangle him to death, you preachy arrogant, think your dialogue is so educated and witty, laughably manipulative, nausiatingly american sentimental bullshit show. 

It's poison. Vile bullshit. I cannot imagine anything worse that this dogshit. 

Newsroom is awesome. Sorkin rules! 

Â