UEFA Champions League final

norton65ca

Inter Milan or Bayern Munich for the Champions League?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Inter Milan or Bayern Munich for the Champions League?

• Internazionale Milan
    • Bayern Munchen

Genius signing from Jose, he was a bit of an unknown before this season.

Hardly.

They signed him from Genoa for a big fee who also paided close to £10million for him. He scored so many at Genoa that he basically took them to the brink of the Champions League single handedly.

And before that he played for Zaragoza in Spain where he scored regulary.

I wouldn't really call him an unknown.

Unknown as in casual football fans probably wouldn't have heard of him. I didn't really know him at Zaragoza to be honest. I'd definitly say he's quite an unknown to the average fan, before this season at least.

He was a full Argentina international!

Unknown as in casual football fans probably wouldn't have heard of him. I didn't really know him at Zaragoza to be honest. I'd definitly say he's quite an unknown to the average fan, before this season at least.

That speaks more about the ignorance of some football fans though, doesnt it?

It was like a couple of years ago when Elano was doing so well for Manchester City. People were saying we should have a better scouting network or something without stopping to think Sven had paid £8m for him as he was a full Brazil international with Champions League experience!

So?

If I were to name you there World Cup squad I don't think you could name each players club, like I said, to the average/casual fan. I know loads of lads who could probably only name a handful of players from either side tonight.

Turns out he has had two spells at Genoa, and supposedly when he joined Genoa the second time, he had lots of offers from other big, European clubs.

Career stats, including tonight are:

275 games

152 goals

Very, very impressive.

A great many English football watchers understand little outside of these shores. It's a bit sad really.

So?

If I were to name you there World Cup squad I don't think you could name each players club, like I said, to the average/casual fan. I know loads of lads who could probably only name a handful of players from either side tonight.

That is because the game is between a German team and an Italian team though. I'll bet you there were similar conversations between foreign football fans who hadnt heard of every single player on the pitch when an English team was in the final.

So?

That is because the game is between a German team and an Italian team though. I'll bet you there were similar conversations between foreign football fans who hadnt heard of every single player on the pitch when an English team was in the final.

Yes and that's what I am saying, Milito is not a huge name, considering what he's done in his career he was still fairly unknown. Milfner was making out as if he was as recognised a name as any top striker, when in reality he hasn't been really recognised until this season.

Could you imagine foreign fans knowing much about Darren Fletcher or Carrick, for example?
All the people in my local in barca are fully aware of gabby, young and milner. And they know all about Big John.

Andy Gray just said "For the first time, Inter parked the bus when Materattzi came on..."

Erm, did you not watch the last hour of this game?

Bell end.

Â