Next leader of the Labour Party should be.....

chrisp65

and the next Labour leader should be......  

132 members have voted

1. 1. and the next Labour leader should be......

• Dave Miliband
    • Ed Balls
    • Ed Miliband
    • Alan Johnson
    • Dennis Skinner
    • Eddie Izzard
    • Workers co-operative along marxist leninist lines
    • Pointless box for token inclusion of celt fringes
    • None of the above
    • Ross Kemp
    • A Female
    • Dianne Abbott

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen on this forum it is a Tory trait to make personal assaults;
I guess you see what you look for dont you.

From my perspective I think the first time any personal comments are made they are generally from one, or two, people in the main who would not , I think , describe themselves as Tory.

I don't look for anything personal from any poster, I will react when people are being personal without reason. I came on this thread to see a genuine discussion about the potential Labour leader.

Don’t be so humourless. You’re on the internets for crying out loud, none of its real.

I'm not humourless, I can take a joke, but it gets boring when the same old stuff is wheeled out and you just want to discuss topics seriously.

It would be very sad if it was because of appearance or to some extent personality.
They actually have personalities? Apart from Diane Abbot don't they all look exactly the same?

It's the same with Clegg, Osbourne, Cameron and the Tories - Politicians turned into polished and modelled family friendly, voter friendly say nothing of any consequence (or get shut out of the way while there's voting to be done).

Exactly what I was getting at earlier

From what I've seen on this forum it is a Tory trait to make personal assaults;
I guess you see what you look for dont you.

From my perspective I think the first time any personal comments are made they are generally from one, or two, people in the main who would not , I think , describe themselves as Tory.

I don't look for anything personal from any poster, I will react when people are being personal without reason. I came on this thread to see a genuine discussion about the potential Labour leader.

Don’t be so humourless. You’re on the internets for crying out loud, none of its real.

I'm not humourless, I can take a joke, but it gets boring when the same old stuff is wheeled out and you just want to discuss topics seriously.

How many politics topics have featured pictures of monkey’s recently?

It would be very sad if it was because of appearance or to some extent personality.
They actually have personalities? Apart from Diane Abbot don't they all look exactly the same?

It's the same with Clegg, Osbourne, Cameron and the Tories - Politicians turned into polished and modelled family friendly, voter friendly say nothing of any consequence (or get shut out of the way while there's voting to be done).

And Pete it seems that some are more concerned with the appearance than what they stand for and what they will bring to the party. What a shame that the world of the Pop-Idol politician is so key for some, maybe again its the marketing world that some bring into this.

Interesting how they screw it up when they don't have their support eh Mr Cameron - Yanks and the war, you have to love it when that happens.

As for the Labour candidates as Balls says in his article its about hitting that right balance. The fact that there is no obvious favourite is a good thing IMO. The fact is they can put forward their ideas, even if they match the others, and people can consider who would be best for Labour and (hopefully very soon) running a Labour Gvmt. One thing though is for certain, see what Cameron and Clegg are about and avoid.

and Michael Gove’s reputation has been seriously damaged

is that the same Gove that gave Balls a spanking on National TV and in the commons ?

I watched that 5 days in May last night on BBC2 , Balls lacked class and appears to be way out of his depth .. that he can make the nominations list would be very very worrying to me if I were a labour supporter

jesus just adding some humor to the thread some need to lighten up !

This is a serious thread for serious people!

We’ll have no humour here!

And certainly not any of your foreign popular culture references!

Appearance is very important. Those who say otherwise are telling porkies!
That would explain his and his friends actions in stopping Bullingdon Club pictures being released no doubt.

Appearance is very important. Those who say otherwise are telling porkies!
That would explain his and his friends actions in stopping Bullingdon Club pictures being released no doubt.

You married Ian?

is that the same Gove that gave Balls a spanking on National TV and in the commons ?

Tony - sorry that is laughable. I appreciate you like, even love the Tory party, but Gove has been a complete nightmare so far for the Gvmt. You surely cannot defend him? He did not give Balls a "spanking" either on TV or in the commons. Gove has been one of the many weak links in this Gvmt to date and continues to be so

What a shame that the world of the Pop-Idol politician is so key for some

time to wheel out my picture montage of Gordon's appearances on X-Factor , American idol and Britain's got Talent

I think Gordon's chalked up nearly as many appearances on those shows as Simon Cowell

and again Tony you would do that because a) you are making problems (see previous comments) B) you don;t understand the reference that many have made to the style of politics that is seemingly favoured by the current Gvmt.

He did not give Balls a "spanking" either on TV or in the commons

one of the better lines was the other week when Gove's referred to Ball's as Gordon Brown's Mini me

but a summary from Education questions 7th June

Balls opens, has a moan that the Tories are doing what Labour consistently used to do, makes up some stuff that doesn't stick which Gove bats away effortlessly.

Gove replies by taking the piss, "at variance with the facts" is a lovely euphemism, then hoiks him with his own pre election statements about cutting three thousand Head and Deputy Head teachers.

Balls comes back, rather pitifully. Gove replies by taking the piss, again, this time over Labour's post election talks with the LibDems

see also round one

The current style of politics is no ones fault but the publics, who have been placated by mass consumerism and a plastic, self absorbed, me me me, now now now, culture that surrounds us. People (generally) don't have the patience or desire to learn about policies. They want information now and they want it quick and easy to understand. The depressingly superficial culture that has also popped up in recent years has meant a greater amount of politicians who look like a decent chap. As a result what we get are bland, faceless puppets who have the same mannerisms and speak in the same, neutral tone.

And the decision men know this, and they play on it. They aren't to blame, as they only reflect what the public desires. And for the time being the vast majority of people just like a well dressed man who can tell them A,B and C in nice, headline friendly snippets.

Point being blame the culture we live in and not 'the Government!¬!!111'

Tony that is even more laughable now. Exactly who are you quoting? Who is that website? - Oh that's right a very right wing biased set of individuals - amazing that even you think that would be in some way vindicating your support of Gove.

The internet is littered with hundreds possibly thousands of articles from more fair minded people that have totally shredded Gove and his actions to date. You stick with your uber right websites I will continue to look at more level headed ones and those that give a better balanced view

Now also remind me of which political leader who said this

And we need to change, and we will change, the way we behave. I'm fed up with the Punch and Judy politics of Westminster, the name calling, backbiting, point scoring, finger pointing.

I want and I will lead a Conservative party that when the government does the right thing, we will work with them, and when they do the wrong thing we will call them to account and criticise them.

We won't play politics with the long-term future of this country, we will work to get it right. And I want us to change because this country faces huge challenges. They are not challenges you can put in individual boxes, they're complex, they're interconnected, to deal with them takes hard work, complex research, deep thinking and I want us to get it right.

I don't want us to invent policies for newspaper headlines, I want us to get it right for the long term.

What the hell does Cameron saying that have to do with a few Villa fans posting pictures of monkeys on an internet to a bunch of seemingly more serious and humourless Villa fans?

Back OT

Seriously, how can we not have Balls, the press must be praying to every god available.

I mean "Balls up in Polls" would have a completely new meaning

"Balls sacks shadow health secretary"