The New Condem Government

bickster

Good. Sky’s sports coverage pisses over anything offered up by the BBC or ITV, with the cricket coverage in particular being very, very good.

For those that can afford it.

That's rather the point of the discussion of 'Crown Jewels' events (but I'm guessing you're aware of that), without getting in to the influence of the Australian.

p.s. I would suggest that C4's cricket coverage was very good, indeed. Just as good as that which I have seen served up by Sky (actually better because they still had Richie).

I think it's proving hard for large arts of the media and population to adjust to having a coalition Gov't.

There's still a default setting of a 2 way "battle" where everything is looked at as two great lumps of homogenous, but opposite opinions facing each other.

Straws question makes sense in terms of two party political point scoring - before the election you said "this", then you've gone and done "that".

But if it was phrased - before the election you said "this" now after you've coalitioned with people who think "that" you've had to give ground on it, haven't you, and the Tory "way" has won out on that issue, clearly which is the same thing, in effect, it's a rther weaker point, and shows that the coalition has adopted one of the two opposing views they had, it just shows one way has won out. Where's the story?

The narrative is that there's no money, the underlying discussion is how deep and how fast to go in returning the economy to some kind of balance.

It basically seems that's what's happened is that some Lib Dem sway has taken hold on some things, but the majority sway is with the tories, who have much the larger number of seats. Kind of what you'd guess might happen, really.

It's clear that the lib dems are going to be attacked by Labour - partly because they are in Gov't, but are not the whole Gov't and partly because Labour are miffed that it's not them making the decisions (though they'll be mighty relieved, too) and partly because the playground rules say they can accuse the Lib Dems of all kinds of evil "betrayal".

As snowy said, when Clegg says something Lib Dem - "illegal War" he is attacked for not holding the Gov't (Tory) line, when he says's something on the Gov't line, he's attacked for not saying the Lib Dem view. Yaboo.

Good. Sky’s sports coverage pisses over anything offered up by the BBC or ITV, with the cricket coverage in particular being very, very good.

For those that can afford it.)

That is the key issue really (certainly in this thread)

Certain events should be available to all and the Ashes is one in my view.

For those that can afford it.

That's rather the point of the discussion of 'Crown Jewels' events (but I'm guessing you're aware of that), without getting in to the influence of the Australian.

p.s. I would suggest that C4's cricket coverage was very good, indeed. Just as good as that which I have seen served up by Sky (actually better because they still had Richie).

£7 p/m if you haven't got Sky.

I think the technology they’ve brought in and the ensemble of commentators as well, has made it incredibly entertaining and a step above anything else that another broadcaster could offer. Most people will be tucked up in bed this winter, so I’m glad that events such as the Ashes won’t be dumbed down for the sake of archaic fairness for those of us that will be watching.

I would suggest that’s a tad of an exaggeration. Sky Sports coverage of many events is just some small running bar on the bottom of SSN. Would say that the BBC TV/Radio coverage is rather better on a whole range of sports.

£7 per month, how?

£7 per month more than if it were free to air (taking account of the licence fee being a sunk cost).

£7 per month this, £7 per month that. It's much more than a lot of people can afford or justify spending especially when on a limited budget in an economy where those on limited budgets are being hit especially hard by inflation and are going to be disproportionately hit by an increase in VAT.

I think the technology they’ve brought in...

What technology have they brought in?

...for those of us that will be watching.

Well, I'm glad you're alright, Jack. :(

Exactly the crux of the 'problem' as, again, I suspect you know.

It's clear that the lib dems are going to be attacked by Labour - partly because they are in Gov't, but are not the whole Gov't and partly because Labour are miffed that it's not them making the decisions (though they'll be mighty relieved, too) and partly because the playground rules say they can accuse the Lib Dems of all kinds of evil "betrayal".

As snowy said, when Clegg says something Lib Dem - "illegal War" he is attacked for not holding the Gov't (Tory) line, when he says's something on the Gov't line, he's attacked for not saying the Lib Dem view. Yaboo.

That's all well and good Pete but when their own members, media that are traditional Tory supporters and various other commentators show the problems then it starts to show that the Gvmt of the Cons and the Dems are basically making a complete and utter cock up of it.

There was a time before the last election when Labour talked about inexperience of the opposition. Since this lot have been in power it would seem that they are inexperienced and incompetent. Its been a daily occurrence for some cock up, a resignation, an apology, a sound bite that does nothing, on top of the many aggressive policies towards the poor and attacks on front line services. It's been a very poor start to a very poor Gvmt

Goves school cock ups, Laws having to resign, Alan Budd departing so quickly, The Afghanistan mixed messages, Clegg's total cock up at PMQ, leaks about the Queens speech, warning from the police and medical about the impact of the cuts on front line services, the H word on "we are all in this together" and cut backs on things like travel, Chris Huhne and Bonking Boris scandals, and a whole load of other things. The IMF downgrading the forecast on growth following Osbornes payback to his masters.

This will only get worse also as and when the public realise the lies they were told pre election on VAT and spending targets.

£7 per month, how?

£7 per month more than if it were free to air (taking account of the licence fee being a sunk cost).

£7 per month this, £7 per month that. It's much more than a lot of people can afford or justify spending especially when on a limited budget in an economy where those on limited budgets are being hit especially hard by inflation and are going to be disproportionately hit by an increase in VAT.

You can now get Sky Sports 1 & 2 with Freeview for £7 p/m.

I'm sorry, but the lib dems appear to have "sold out" for a glimpse of "power".

I will give them until May 2011, AV referendum time.

If they stick with this wanky govt after that time, the Lib Dems die as a party IMO.

I am so surprised that non of the Gvmt supporters have posted this or commented on it

Bailiff and parliament protester filmed being kicked

A bailiff has been filmed apparently kicking a demonstrator while evicting him from a peace camp outside the Houses of Parliament.

Bailiff firm Shergroup evicted protesters from Parliament Square on Tuesday, after Boris Johnson obtained a High Court order for their removal.

The footage shows a protester kicking out and being dragged by bailiffs, one of whom then appears to stamp on him.

Shergroup said it would review the video and investigate the incident.

Chief executive Claire Sandbrook said, after watching the footage in slow motion, the firm thought the bailiff had been trying to free his foot from the grip of the demonstrator.

"If we find that anything has happened we will take further action," she said.

Evidence gathering

The demonstrators had been camped in the so-called "Democracy Village" site since May and were protesting about several issues, including the Afghanistan war.

London's mayor began legal action to evict them in June.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

The role of the police was to be on standby to prevent a breach of the peace”

End Quote Metropolitan Police spokesman

But a spokeswoman for Mr Johnson denied that the Greater London Authority (GLA) had carried out the enforcement, and said the evictions were the responsibility of the High Court.

Earlier on Wednesday, before viewing the footage, Ms Sandbrook had said: "We strenuously deny that any unnecessary force was used to execute the writ of possession."

"We had our own evidence-gathering team on site at all times to monitor this eviction."

After seeing the footage, a spokeswoman for the mayor said: "The action to clear Parliament Square Gardens on Tuesday morning was carried out by approved High Court enforcement officers in accordance with the High Court judgment to repossess the site.

"This enforcement was not carried out by the Greater London Authority and the land has not yet been signed back to the GLA, so any ongoing issues of enforcement remain with the High Court for the time being.

"We have however alerted the High Court enforcement officers to this footage.

"Their own team also collect evidence of actions carried out during the operation."

Parliament Square is expected to be handed back to the GLA on Thursday morning.

The Metropolitan Police (Met) said they were on standby during the eviction and made no arrests.

"Officers were there to support High Court enforcement officers who were carrying out an operation to evict those residing on the grassed area of the square," a Met spokesman said.

"The role of the police was to be on standby to prevent a breach of the peace and to deal with any crime."

I am wondering how Boris can feel seeing these pictures?

You can now get Sky Sports 1 & 2 with Freeview for £7 p/m.

Can you? Genuinely thankful for the info. Is it on an annual contract? (You've now put yourself forward as a Sky salesman so you can't pull out early :P)

Having said all that, you did avoid asking the other, more pertinent (to the thread and debate) questions. :winkold:

I'd have thought the following was more relevant to the footage shown:

The Metropolitan Police (Met) said they were on standby during the eviction and made no arrests.

"Officers were there to support High Court enforcement officers who were carrying out an operation to evict those residing on the grassed area of the square," a Met spokesman said.

"The role of the police was to be on standby to prevent a breach of the peace and to deal with any crime."

If they can't even patrol an area that small then it's a fooking good job that they've been stopped from using S.44 powers.

I am so surprised that non of the Gvmt supporters have posted this or commented on it

Bailiff and parliament protester filmed being kicked

A bailiff has been filmed apparently kicking a demonstrator while evicting him from a peace camp outside the Houses of Parliament.

Bailiff firm Shergroup evicted protesters from Parliament Square on Tuesday, after Boris Johnson obtained a High Court order for their removal.

The footage shows a protester kicking out and being dragged by bailiffs, one of whom then appears to stamp on him.

Shergroup said it would review the video and investigate the incident.

Chief executive Claire Sandbrook said, after watching the footage in slow motion, the firm thought the bailiff had been trying to free his foot from the grip of the demonstrator.

"If we find that anything has happened we will take further action," she said.

Evidence gathering

The demonstrators had been camped in the so-called "Democracy Village" site since May and were protesting about several issues, including the Afghanistan war.

London's mayor began legal action to evict them in June.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

The role of the police was to be on standby to prevent a breach of the peace”

End Quote Metropolitan Police spokesman

But a spokeswoman for Mr Johnson denied that the Greater London Authority (GLA) had carried out the enforcement, and said the evictions were the responsibility of the High Court.

Earlier on Wednesday, before viewing the footage, Ms Sandbrook had said: "We strenuously deny that any unnecessary force was used to execute the writ of possession."

"We had our own evidence-gathering team on site at all times to monitor this eviction."

After seeing the footage, a spokeswoman for the mayor said: "The action to clear Parliament Square Gardens on Tuesday morning was carried out by approved High Court enforcement officers in accordance with the High Court judgment to repossess the site.

"This enforcement was not carried out by the Greater London Authority and the land has not yet been signed back to the GLA, so any ongoing issues of enforcement remain with the High Court for the time being.

"We have however alerted the High Court enforcement officers to this footage.

"Their own team also collect evidence of actions carried out during the operation."

Parliament Square is expected to be handed back to the GLA on Thursday morning.

Probably thanking zaNu Labour for enacting the law in the first place

zaNu Labour

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

Considering the outrage and uproar we saw and heard about protests in and around parliament, I would have expected similar. But the fact that now they have been removed, by using violence, the washing of hands and burying heads in the sand seems to be the new order of the day.

Probably thanking zaNu Labour for enacting the law in the first place

Though this was to do with an eviction for illegally occupying land under the control of the GLA and nowt to do with the awful, shocking and dreadful anti-protest nonsense enacted under the previous government.

I believe the judgement was about the green space and why Brian Haw's protest (based upon the pavement) was viewed slightly differently.

Still think that it's a lot of Nimbyism (though I'd be more interested in Brian Haw's opinion of the nature of those who seemed to latch on to his idea) and stupidity (on both sides).

As for the MPs (lots of them) who were appalled at it happening - **** them, frankly. That's democracy, it's what got you your pay packet, you little shits.

zaNu Labour

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

Considering the outrage and uproar we saw and heard about protests in and around parliament, I would have expected similar. But the fact that now they have been removed, by using violence, the washing of hands and burying heads in the sand seems to be the new order of the day.

On both sides of the house no doubt

Tra la la la, same horse different jockey.

The current government using the tools the previous incumbents so generously left them in the shed

Tra la la la, never look a gift horse in the mouth

Well it seems that the Forgemasters loan is certainly getting some interesting info - Tory major donors were behind the blocking of the loan?

If this is the case, and there is a lot of smoke now for the fire, then this is a major scandal

Â