The New Condem Government

bickster

Buckle yourselves in for much pointless parliamentary posturing over an MPs private life - someone in the Tory party (of standing that's going to do Cameron no good, apparently) has been caught with their trousers down.

I expect much to be made over what is ultimately, from a parlimentary point of view, frippery but an easy point of attack that'll wash with the unwashed masses, because the important stuff to get the knives out for is much more difficult to really get at.

Buckle yourselves in for much pointless parliamentary posturing over an MPs private life - someone in the Tory party (of standing that's going to do Cameron no good, apparently) has been caught with their trousers down.

I expect much to be made over what is ultimately, from a parlimentary point of view, frippery but an easy point of attack that'll wash with the unwashed masses, because the important stuff to get the knives out for is much more difficult to really get at.

They haven't been doing a Stephen Milligan, have they? (another Tory coincidentally).

**** knows, the Heil on Sunday is playing it up.

Apparently it's not exactly news to the Commons, as a few MPs seem to know about it (Chris Bryant in the main it seems, who rather desperately seems to think it's enough to 'sink Cameron'. His wishes won't be granted), and involves a middle aged couple who aren't cabinet members.

Not that it should really matter. What about, you know, the running of the country? And it's general direction?

EDIT - the only way this can really possibly matter is if it throws up some conflict of interest/ dodgy dealings stuff regarding legislation and the like. A few commentators seem to be suggesting it could be in the neck of woods and as such is explosive, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Chindie

I've never heard of one of them and wasn't sure who the other one was.  :mellow:

You know who it is?

Did I win? :)

Are we allowed to speculate on here? Read it on a blog...

Probably wise not to* as the Heil story suggests some kind of Carter-**** superinjunction thingy. :)

By that I mean, 'It is apparently x and y' rather than names out of the air for a bit of a laugh like Fox and Balls. :P

Edited by snowychap

Two Labour Peers suspended for being money grabbing dodgy bastards? They must be closet Tories I suppose, or Ajax et al will be along shortly to condemn Labour for being just as bad as their hated, money grabbing Tories....

No? Well, that's a shock!!

Two Labour Peers suspended for being money grabbing dodgy bastards? They must be closet Tories I suppose, or Ajax et al will be along shortly to condemn Labour for being just as bad as their hated, money grabbing Tories....

No? Well, that's a shock!!

Can't defend it but two wrongs don't make a right.

Let's see what this new lobbying-unrelated Tory scandal brings up :)

...Or if the rumours are true, who it brings down.

A lobbying scandal has long been on the cards. Hopefully the press will do some good and grab this chance by the bollocks or it will be swept under the carpet and we'll continue to have people buying influence in government when they should be working for us, because, like, we elected the ****.

Suppose the chance of a Tory getting caught with their trousers down is more important though, eh? Sod democracy, I want gossip.

• Like 2

Itf seems like the sex scandal is more than just a salacious bit of infidelity gossip. It appears it might have genuine importance.

Regardless, toppling Cameron is wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Â