Google Adsense help says this:

You may come across such ads when
you’re viewing a website, video, or app on Google’s Display Network. In
addition to seeing ads based on your interests, you may also see ads
based on the types of sites you visit, whether you +1 something, and
more.

From LabourList

• Like 2

I see that there were a number of demonstrations across the country against the extra bedroom penalty today.

Also, I see that the government (that's the one including the 'liberal democrats' amongst its ranks) intend to introduce retrospective 'emergency legislation' (to protect the national economy) to say that they don't have to pay out the claims about the work programme that were likely to be due as a result of the court of appeal verdict.

So, that's a retrospective bit of legislation in order to prevent payments that were due to be made because of what the law said was unlawful behaviour. Think on.

That Duncan Smith shitbag - he is totally committed to what he believes in apparently (and the sheep baa on). ;)

• Like 1

Looks like the Tories have folded on the press regulation talks and accepted the Labour and Lib Dem proposals.

Hope not. The bad stuff the journos were up to (phone hacking etc) was already illegal so doesn't require new laws, just enforcement of those that already exist. Perhaps that would be easier if the Police weren't quite so corrupt, but if they were cleaned out/up properly that might have a more beneficial effective more generally than ending the freedom of the press - which is what statutory regulation effectively means.

Looks like the Tories have folded on the press regulation talks and accepted the Labour and Lib Dem proposals.

or maybe seeing as neither appears to have got what they wanted  , all parties  agreed a compromise ?

or maybe seeing as neither appears to have got what they wanted  , all parties  agreed a compromise ?

From what I've read it seems to be the Tories who were making things difficult. Who'd have thought?

Hope not. The bad stuff the journos were up to (phone hacking etc) was already illegal so doesn't require new laws, just enforcement of those that already exist. Perhaps that would be easier if the Police weren't quite so corrupt, but if they were cleaned out/up properly that might have a more beneficial effective more generally than ending the freedom of the press - which is what statutory regulation effectively means.
All this so Hugh Grant can have a $15 blow job without anyone knowing . Sad end to press freedom.

Not sure about that.

I'd be surprised if we haven't ended up with the worst of all possible outcomes.

I'm also getting increasingly concerned (and even pissed off) when people are crapping on about justice for the victims of phone hacking (wouldn't that have been more served by them hauling the organizations responsible through court cases rather than taking thousands of pounds in cash to settle?) and then suggesting that policy formulation ought to be based on what they want.

I'm quite prepared and happy for them to contribute and to campaign but the level of influence (behind closed doors) of Hacked Off should be as worrying as the influence of Rupes and family.

The discussion on Daily Politics with Heath, Bryant and some tory chap ought to cause more concern as it would suggest that there is going to be little parliamentary debate on the deal cooked up.

Edited by snowychap

When Miliband gets going he's impressive.

Meh , he's not even the most impressive Milliband

His dad's dead so you must be talking about the one who lied about rendition and torture. ;)

Edit: 'We've reduced the deficit by a third' - the new crap to be spouted at every available opportunity by members of the government and its supporters.

Edited by snowychap

'Tax allowances for investment in shale gas'

Expect to see a lot of this in the news in the next few years.

By law the resources belong to the Crown, i.e. us. If shale gas really has the potential they think then bringing in private companies to make a bomb instead of using direct public investment into a national entity is mad. Like the Falklands situation really.

does everyone agree with the 'bedroom tax'?

It seems totally logical to me, but seems a lot of people are against it.

(not giving the carers an extra room was daft at first, but that small print has been changed now).

Â