The New Condem Government

bickster

I hope they burn something down and a few heavies come in and cause a proper riot. This is all a bit polite.

They are right to protest though, it's **** atrocious what the Guvmint are planning to do with student fees.

I agree but endangering other peoples lives is neither big nor clever.

Are you condoning this then?

Either way I think the police are likely to smack the hell out of them pretty soon, they've been throwing concrete missiles off the roof.

Stop trying to cause problems Jon, its neither big nor clever.

I asked you a question which you chose not to reply to. Don't tell me what to post Ian, or do you need to be reminded yet again that you are not a moderator?

he can't condone it, only an idiot would agree with what's going on.

Well done Adam Boulton of Sky News for finding a way to blame Labour for this...

"Police must be wondering about the wisdom of the decision of the last Labour government to allow protests in Parliament Square.."

The good news is that the students have music playing, so they can have a nice little knees up in between windows.

I hope they burn something down and a few heavies come in and cause a proper riot. This is all a bit polite.

They are right to protest though, it's **** atrocious what the Guvmint are planning to do with student fees.

I agree but endangering other peoples lives is neither big nor clever.

Makes good telly though :twisted:

the fees rise is out of order,

but the policy of allowing uni to become something you "just do" when the demand for graduate jobs was never going to match Labours policy of 50% of secondary schooled students to complete university.

what was the alternative? somehow create another 50k annual high paid post graduate jobs?

jebus.

Well done Adam Boulton of Sky News for finding a way to blame Labour for this...

"Police must be wondering about the wisdom of the decision of the last Labour government to allow protests in Parliament Square.."

The good news is that the students have music playing, so they can have a nice little knees up in between windows.

shit argument, should have looked at their policy for further education.

shit argument, should have looked at their policy for further education.

Yep, but it's Murdoch TV. In one sentence, the tut-tutters at home have been told who's to blame for this. Lowest common denominator TV.

FFS Jon give it a rest, trying to cause problems - why do you not aim that question at anyone else? Absolutely pathetic attempt at causing problems.

On the whole the protest was a significant show of many thousands of students peacefully protesting and quite forcibly showing that they are not happy with this shameful Gvt's actions (and showing them to be liars). There was some unfortunate violence and vandalism, the fact that most of the perpetrators are caught on camera will probably mean that they will be getting a knock on the door in the near future, but that should not deflect from the size of the protest and anger that the majority were showing at this.

"Dawn of the Debt"?

I wonder how many of them have a credit card and whether they know that is 19.9% apr (at best) and their loan is pretty much **** all.

The fact is if you want to go to uni there are scholarships available, many of the fees can be covered in part by a loan. Are they really saying they want "no fees" for uni? because many of the placards say that. F**K fees is the latest one.

Labour banned protests in parliament square, the tories allowed it. Either he or yourself have got the wrong end of the stick here.

"Police must be wondering about the wisdom of the decision of the last Labour government NOT to allow protests in Parliament Square.."

Labour banned protests in parliament square, the tories allowed it. Either he or yourself have got the wrong end of the stick here.

I missed a word trying to type fast and be funny at the same time. I should really know better :)

More than a brain teaser, it goes against all the arguments made for increasing spending to get us out of the hole - the argument being that increase spending, get more people doing work, get more people earning money, get more money moving round the economy, then more taxes are paid, more VAT., more income tax and this, in time, will bring about a defecit reduction.

No it doesn't, though I can see why you say that. It goes back to the question "where does government spending come from?". If you think it comes from taxes received, then the govt would need to keep the money paid as tax in order to be able to spend it again. If you think it comes instead from just creating credit, or money, then the payment of tax destroys some or all of the credit which was created, reducing the deficit to that extent. So if people pay in cash, you would need to destroy that cash. That doesn't affect, either way, the central point that generating economic activity through spending will have all the consequent effects we so desire, eg reducing unemployment and welfare payments, increasing demand and spending, increasing tax payments, and generally indicating that wealth is being created rather than destroyed. If you did believe that government has to have money before it can spend it, then I suppose you'd have to think that this money comes from past taxes or from borrowing.

Nope. Still gibberish to me.

I know the government doesn't wait till it gets my income tax before they spend it on benefits for the idle [;)]. Nevertheless they plan to get X amount recieved in taxes each year/month....and they plan to spend Y amount on all kinds of stuff. The gap between what they get in and what they spend is ultimately defecit. (Yes I know they get income from other sources as well as taxes, but I'm trying to keep this relatively simple.)

Taxes form a significant part of the government's ultimate income over time. It's somewhere just short of 40%. Like I said, no-one talks about raising the levels of taxes, really, no party wants to get "tagged" that way.

All government spending needs us to be paying tax. But the credit crunch has hit this take too. - there, a yoghurt knitting link saying what I mean abut taxing.

"Police must be wondering about the wisdom of the decision of the last Labour government NOT to allow protests in Parliament Square.."

I missed a word trying to type fast and be funny at the same time. I should really know better :)

149993_470023706304_144144931304_5699157_2199839_n.jpg

It's so obvious there are so many anarchists in there, Get the riot police and smash them out of the building, ffs someone is going to get pretty badly hurt soon.

As soon as a man welding a baton enters the scene, flashbacks of the miners strikes will be all over the show.

They should just get the water canons out and let them bugger off home. Containing them only leds to frustration which in turn can lead to all sorts of violence.

Â