Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they don't make all this easy to understand for people who are new to this. I still don't understand hung parliament and it seems that even all of the 'well informed' are not entirely sure what's going to happen.

As a Lib Dem voter in this election, I didn't feel like it would be a 'wasted vote' - was it? If I'd have known how out of the race they truly would have been I'd have voted Conservative as I wanted anyone but Labour.

Also not sure I understand how the Lib Dems seem to have got so many votes, so little seats. Our VT poll is also confusing to me.

Am I the only one waking up this morning confused about the whole thing?

As a Lib Dem voter in this election, I didn't feel like it would be a 'wasted vote' - was it? If I'd have known how out of the race they truly would have been I'd have voted Conservative as I wanted anyone but Labour.

"I wanted a centre-left party to win, but if they weren't going to win then I'd have voted for a centre-right party just to stop the other centre-left party from winning".

*shrugs*

If you say so.

Laura - under the system that we have, which is flawed in so many ways the share of the vote is not reflected in the number of MP's - if this was an African country and we were sent as observers we would question it.

The Tory and Lab party have both benefited from this system, and until we get PR in will continue to do so.

As for your Lib Dem vote you need to check your constituency as it only counts there and nowhere else.

What happens next, probably Cameron will get the keys to number 10 at some point but with nothing like the majority that the media and Ashcroft support should have purchased for him. MP's will now start voting against everything they stand for to follow the party line and start going back on election promises within days if not sooner.

Why doesn't Michael Gove just shut the **** up - he really is an annoying little twunt - no wonder the Tory party tried to muffle him during the run in

Sterling has dropped 3 cents against the dollar in the last hour... will be interesting to see how the markets react to all this, when they open.

It's dropped about 3 cents on the EUR since yesterday afternoon.

I will help the balance of payments on the back of this today :D

Well, like i've said before I'm new to understanding all this, so bear with me. And Morkery, you're not too old for a slap. ;)

I told Alex this last night and he did the old *facepalm* but I'm just being honest in trying to understand and honest in how I feel.

I guess I just thought Lib Dems had more of a chance and I only voted for them because in one of those tests on the policies which was linked in this thread, it said I agreed more with their policies. When I say I'd have voted Conservative otherwise - it's because I wanted a change. Like I say, I may be backwards in coming forwards, but I have to explain in order to get help understanding.

Birmingham is Labour. Pleased.

Yep,

I'd be interested if the declarations defined how many postal votes were made against how many personal votes.

I wouldn't be surprised if inner city wards will have had a larger proportion of postal votes than elsewhere, perhaps altering the results that should have been in certain cases.

Of course a "fellow" Derbyshire person :-)

OK in Derby South - your vote for either Tory or Lib Dem was on a loser probably - Margaret Beckett won with 43.3% of the vote.

If we had had PR though you vote would have counted. The Lib Dems wanted PR, the Lab's said they would but the Tory party were strongly against that

Yep,

I'd be interested if the declarations defined how many postal votes were made against how many personal votes.

I wouldn't be surprised if inner city wards will have had a larger proportion of postal votes than elsewhere, perhaps altering the results that should have been in certain cases.

Thing is though, and I am assuming you are questioning the legality of some of the votes, the whole voting system is open for abuse. What checks were made when you went to the polling station? Again another part of our system that if it were a African election would be condemned by us

Yep,

Thing is though, and I am assuming you are questioning the legality of some of the votes, the whole voting system is open for abuse. What checks were made when you went to the polling station? Again another part of our system that if it were a African election would be condemned by us

I am assuming that, yes, particularly with Edgbaston in mind.

I produced my polling card, but then they asked me to confirm my name and address, which is written on the card anyway, so I take your point.

Perhaps we need an ID card system :winkold:

I have to say that a lot of students couldnt believe they didn't need ID (having voted in Brum council electuons every year I knew the score) but for most it was their first vote. Even in Sabb elections we have to show ID

WTF happened to the Lib Dems.

Why were the opinion polls so out with their share of the vote.

Were the polls just out, or were the people lying to them. Seems to have been a drift away from them to the tories and also a bit to labour, but i justm can't fathom why.

The politics of fear from the tories almost won through.

almost.

I expect another election within maybe a year. These results are just not strong enougn for anyone to govern.

Even a lib/lab coalition would not have enough seats.

Why doesn't Michael Gove just shut the **** up - he really is an annoying little twunt - no wonder the Tory party tried to muffle him during the run in

He was just on 5 Live, what an absolute 100 % total word removed.