Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

Ester Rantzen saying as she campaigned in the ethnic areas of Luton the Muslim women were angry with her as voting is against their aqidah

(that is placing a right of Allah in the hands of humans , I believe ??)

don't know if Ester was making a political statement there or not ? but is there anything Muslim women can actually do ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ester Rantzen saying as she campaigned in the ethnic areas of Luton the Muslim women were angry with her as voting is against their aqidah

don't know if Ester was making a political statement there or not ? but is there anything Muslim women can actually do ?

Cook.

Houghton and Sunderland South is my constituency, and the tennis centre about 10 minutes from my house. A bit weird to be the centre of the nation's focus for a moment. Result not surprising of course. I went Lib Dem btw

I'm rather disappointed that you were not in the hall jumping up and down with a VT banner, mate. :D

Spoken like a man who's never been to Silksworth. I'd keep it that way if I were you - they're still smarting about the Carling Cup round these parts :D

:lol:

Fair call, mate.

The only time I've ever spent in the NE has been in Newcastle (at a stretch Jesmond Dene!) and hitching through - good hitch though!

On that basis I guess that Muslim men get two votes each.

Postal voting is a wonderful thing :winkold:

how can you have "swings to the torys" in two constituencies whose boundaries have changed?

I would guess that the results from the 2005 election can be used to estimate what the vote would have been under the current boundaries.

Guest Ricardomeister
That Mandelson fellow has a face made for punching.

as does that Teresa May bloke! :winkold:

My missus is a Muslim woman and she voted. So did her sister. And her mum. And all her friends.

You can find nutters in every section of society but please dont tar everybody with the same brush because you read something Ester Rantzen said.

interesting that the late surges in a few constituencies seems to be Student voters

Now either they just woke up at their usual time of 9pm . .or there was a lot of drumming up of students by activists to get them out to vote .. and presumably knowing the student vote put in an anti Tory vote ??

interesting that the late surges in a few constituencies seems to be Student voters

Now either they just woke up at their usual time of 9pm . .or there was a lot of drumming up of students by activists to get them out to vote .. and presumably knowing the student vote put in an anti Tory vote ??

There was a surge in electoral registration for young people during this election, apparently.

I found that rather difficult to comprehend but it's a great thing if more young people get interested in politics.

I just hope they also don't fall for the 'more participation, more power' shite.