Jez

Any chance of this going through? Only two days of the window left.
Even Barry didn't hand in a transfer request, how's he going to stay there even if they rejected it??.

Same way Adam might stay at Blackpool?

Bid differance with Adam though, the club **** him over before, and the Dipper fans thought that Nando wouldnt ever do such a thing, going by what i'm reading on plop forums the fans are turning big time.

No apology necessary Bear. It's all a guessing game from our POV. I try and concentrate on interpreting the direct quotes and it was a thinly veiled coded message as I pointed out. It sucks for you to be losing your best player but hell if you get a shedload of cash - and you will - then you could turn Torres into 4 quality players and then you're back on the right road. I bet it doesn't feel like that now though.

It sucks BOF, I could barely enjoy my curry!

Ah no, I have to leave my heart out of football, it just doesn't belong there.

Night lads.

We know how you feel mate. I wonder how the Liverpool fans will react to the transfer request??

No apology necessary Bear. It's all a guessing game from our POV. I try and concentrate on interpreting the direct quotes and it was a thinly veiled coded message as I pointed out. It sucks for you to be losing your best player but hell if you get a shedload of cash - and you will - then you could turn Torres into 4 quality players and then you're back on the right road. I bet it doesn't feel like that now though.

It sucks BOF, I could barely enjoy my curry!

Ah no, I have to leave my heart out of football, it just doesn't belong there.

Night lads.

We know how you feel mate. I wonder how the Liverpool fans will react to the transfer request??
This is just a part of what i seen on RAWK ..

He's a **** greedy little shitbag. I hope Suarez bites his face off next week

Atleast there fans know what they are getting eh.

They have no time at all to find a replacement...I can't see them letting him go.

unless they knew about it and suarez is the replacement

He isn't proven in this league, would be very stupid of them to have him as a replacement...I thought they would have put him on the wing myself or play as a 433 with Kuyt and Suarez either side of Torres.

Suarez may end up being the replacement but he wasn't chased with that intention. We know this because of what Liverpool said about Bent when we bought him. They came out saying they had looked at him but that they thought he prefers to be alone and that they would rather someone to complement Torres. Which is why they were after Suarez. It's just that sometimes it doesn't work the way you would like.

Though in saying that, the likely size and complexity of any Torres deal means it'll be tighter than a nun's muff to get it done by Monday night.

Though in saying that, the likely size and complexity of any Torres deal means it'll be tighter than a nun's muff to get it done by Monday night.

If recent transfer windows are anything to go by, Chelsea will get an extension until Wednesday afternoon should they need it. How many hours after the window closing was Arshavin signed again?

True Rev, I forgot that. And both clubs tick at least one criteria of playing in red or in London. So there should be no problem. I retract my previous statement :)

i think they should keep this transfer window open an extra week just so Chelsea can get this done

i have to say though, i think we done right by getting Bent. if Torres leaves Bent would have been the perfect replacement.

I don't think he'll go this window.

Summer, different story. It's very much a sooner rather than later kinda thing I think though, long term Torres is not at Liverpool. His biggest problem could well the lack of clubs able to really buy him at the money Liverpool will want (i.e. far too much)

I still reckon he'd like to go abroad rather that stay here if/when he does get a transfer

Where would Torres go though? Off the top of my head, a list of clubs who could afford him:

England

Chelsea - he seems happy to go there.

Manchester City - still have a lot to prove, he might go in the summer if they come close to winning the league this year (its a given they will be top four, isnt it?)

Manchester United - He wont go there if he values his kneecaps.

Spain

Real Madrid - He is an Atletico man, he wont sign for Real Madrid.

Barcelona - Do they want him? Probably not.

Italy

Internazionale - really depends on who their manager is. Jury is still out on Leonardo.

Germany

Bayern Munich - He just isnt going to play in Germany is he?

Chelsea have to be strong favourites here.

i have to say though, i think we done right by getting Bent. if Torres leaves Bent would have been the perfect replacement.
Nah, the dippers wouldn't have had any of it. "Bent isn't a flashy big foreign name and wouldn't be fit to lace the boots of King Kenny at Liverpool Football Club blah blah history la". :P

Italy

Internazionale - really depends on who their manager is. Jury is still out on Leonardo.

Pff, Rev, sure haven't Inter already spent £40m on Bale.

Nah, the dippers wouldn't have had any of it. "Bent isn't a flashy big foreign name and wouldn't be fit to lace the boots of King Kenny at Liverpool Football Club blah blah history la". :P
Yea your right :lol: ..