The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

No no, they're tears of joy! Joy that at least someone else has to suffer the same excruciating tripe that I do, season on season. :)

Still, at least we dicked over Köln this season eh?

Fortunately for me I only had to suffer the last season so far, due to a family connection but now I will never look back. Great victory against köln it was à springboard for the Great end to the Season we had. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and I am now looking forward to next season once we have got rid of that tit arango

Can I just say one of the best afternoons football watching I have had came at the Bokelburg. Not so much for the football, but for a cracking atmosphere in a fantastic old ground. Glad I managed to get there for a game

Fortunately for me I only had to suffer the last season so far, due to a family connection but now I will never look back. Great victory against köln it was à springboard for the Great end to the Season we had. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and I am now looking forward to next season once we have got rid of that tit arango

Yeah, things are definitely looking up for a change. I've high hopes a combination of Reus and Herrmann on the flanks will keep Arango out of the side until he's moved on. Plus, ter Stegen looks like he'll be our first half-decent keeper since Kasey Keller. We need an out-and-out poacher something chronic, though.

The Bökelberg was the first stadium I ever went to as a nipper, grand old place.

Yeah, things are definitely looking up for a change. I've high hopes a combination of Reus and Herrmann on the flanks will keep Arango out of the side until he's moved on. Plus, ter Stegen looks like he'll be our first half-decent keeper since Kasey Keller. We need an out-and-out poacher something chronic, though.

The Bökelberg was the first stadium I ever went to as a nipper, grand old place.

I haven't been able to see them yet however I have been promised a boat load of tickets for whenever I can get over to see them so fully intend to take my brother in law up on that offer. I'm looking forward to it to tell the truth the new stadium looks fantastic from the street and on the streams i watch the games on. :winkold:

On another note Reus is the standout player for me. I know the club have high hopes for him and I've been well impressed. They're more desperate for a striker than the Villa has ever been if you ask me, the reason we were in the mess we were. Definitely some decent players there hopefully the new coach can push them on next season.

After paying attention to the BUndesliga this year I have often wondered why there aren't more signings in the English League from there. They play a similar style to us and I have seen some quality dotted around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hans Meyer has just been awarded a presidential role at Mönchengladbach, alongside Rolf Königs and vice-presidential duo Rainer Bonhof and Siegfried Söllner. Meyer previously served two seperate stints as the club's coach, retiring in 2009. He enjoyed his greatest managerial success at 1. FC Nürnberg where he guided the then-crisis club to consecutive top-half finishes and a DFB-Pokal win in 2007.

Mönchengladbach finalise a double-deal for Karlsruhe's coveted Germany-U19 right back Matthias Zimmermann and Germany-U20 midfielder Lukas Rupp. Given the club's recent propensity for unearthing gems, I'm quite excited.

GYI0063366519_crop_450x500.jpg

ma-u-17-wm-nigeria-interview-matthias-zimmermann.jpg

The fixtures have been released today.

1st round:

Borussia Dortmund - Hamburger SV

SV Werder Bremen - 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Hannover 96 - 1899 Hoffenheim

1. FSV Mainz 05 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen

VfB Stuttgart - FC Schalke 04

1. FC Köln - VfL Wolfsburg

FC Augsburg - SC Freiburg

Hertha BSC - 1. FC Nürnberg