Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Found a new feature on my phone, was fiddling with the Xbox last night, then loaded up a video on my phone to show the GF (one I was about to transfer over, to play on Xbox - and no, it wasn't DHUTW) anyway, this little thing showed up above the video (next to the star (favourite) and share thing) so I clicked it and my video synced straight to the Xbox.

Blown away, how **** awesome.

I've been noticing, ever since upgrading to Jelly Bean, that my computer struggles to recognise my phone (S3, same as yours dk)

I often plug it in to the USB to charge and it erratically seems to connect and reconnect (you hear the tone that windows makes when you disconnect and connect something to USB)

Also, windows will often come back with a message of something like "The driver for this device could not be found".

It hasn't stopped me seeing my folders, but maybe the problem is along the same lines?

THis is incredibly unhelpful as I don't have a solution, but perhaps this is a common thing so a google might help you here!

On a brighter note, the problem I was having previously of my phone saying the SD card wasn't inserted and then "preparing SD card" (which didn't effect functionality but was just irritating) has disappeared with the recent software updates.

Literally never happens anymore, where as previously I'd say it would happen maybe 50% of the time I looked at my phone.

So anyone with a similar problem might want to make sure they've got the latest software updates, as it seems to have solved whatever the problem was.

Ok, slight problem. I cannot seem to access my phone folders by going Computer>GT-19300

Usually it (like any device) will show folders etc, for some reason nothing is showing.

People still use wires for this? Wow. Install AirDroid.

Ok, slight problem. I cannot seem to access my phone folders by going Computer>GT-19300

Usually it (like any device) will show folders etc, for some reason nothing is showing.

I went and checked last night and Ic an't see mine either. My PC says the device has malfunctioned.

However, as a result, i've taken Limpid's (rather derogatory) advice and gone for Airdroid, which I can confirm works like a charm.

Installed the Sky+ app which I thought was pretty cool to be able to remote record from my phone. Next thing, is there a way to simply change channels using my mobile?

The Zeebox app is supposed to be able to do this but I havent got it to work yet which may be down to the sky box needing upgraded software.

However, as a result, i've taken Limpid's (rather derogatory) advice and gone for Airdroid, which I can confirm works like a charm.

Apologies if I offended, it's been mentioned in many of the "which apps must I get" lists.

Chrome Beta is now in the play store.

I presume it is intended to work much the way that desktop Chrome works, where you can decide whether to live in the stable build, the beta build or in the case of the desktop version, the developer build.

I've been on the beta build of Chrome (generally one version "newer" than the stable build) for a couple of years and have found it to be rock solid. If mobile Chrome is going to work in the same way then I'll be in the beta build pretty much all the time.

Quick phone buying advice guys. My mate needs to get a budget android sim free phone for the next two weeks, to then keep as a spare. She's currently got an S2 with a buggered screen, but 2 weeks left on her contract (when she'll get a Note 2) Current thoughts are Galaxy Y for £90. Anything better value that you can think of?

Galaxy Y is quite a basic and poor hanset, far inferior to the S2. Mother in law has one.

Take rev's advice and get the G300

If she really wants the galaxy Y tell her to search it in HUKD as there are deals for it around £40/£50

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

On a brighter note, the problem I was having previously of my phone saying the SD card wasn't inserted and then "preparing SD card" (which didn't effect functionality but was just irritating) has disappeared with the recent software updates.

Literally never happens anymore, where as previously I'd say it would happen maybe 50% of the time I looked at my phone.

So anyone with a similar problem might want to make sure they've got the latest software updates, as it seems to have solved whatever the problem was.

Glad you've gone wire-free but if you do need to use the USB cable method again, I've found that if you turn it on to PTP mode then back again it should pick up the device and install drivers. You may also need to turn USB debugging on or off as well.

Â