Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Bought a SGS2 today!

Loving it so far... really fast and smooth.

Anyone know of any decent apps to go with it?

Just got No LED which is good!

Tried to buy Player Pro too... but it wont download it and it wont give me a refund?!?

Gunna have to get a hacked copy of it, i tried to do the honorable thing....

Well it's not really an issue but I'm trying to find negatives with a phone that pretty much doesn't have any. I have an older tv in my room and liked how I could play movies on it with the composite out from the old sgs.

I'll buy a samsung tv and then use dlna to steam video in the future.

You not tried the HDMI out yet then mate? Does the cable come with the phone?

I wonder what the venn diagram looks like with people who have the highest of high tech phones and no HDMI connection on their TV?

Haha, yeah gotta be a very small intersection of sets there.

But I did only just get a phone with hdmi out to be fair and my SGS has composite out which would be useless with a HDMI connection tv.

If I wasn't going travelling in July I'd have a better tv, a nice dlna compatible HD tv.

You have to set up your apn settings and have use packet data turned on in mobile networks.

Settings » wireless and network » mobile networks » access point name

You can set up your settings there. Easy to find then on google

I'm tryin to sweet talk the misses into lettin me have one of these .

Best 2 contracts i've found are with 3 and talkmobile

3 are doin it on a 24 months contract £30 a month 900 min 5000 texts and 1gb of date

Talkmobile are doin it again a 24month contract again £30 a month but 750 min 1500 texts and 1gb of data

Both phones are free with these contracts

Where did you find that 3 deal? Cheapest i can see it is for £35 with 3 and thats for 500 mins, 5000 text, 1gb.

I'm tryin to sweet talk the misses into lettin me have one of these .

Best 2 contracts i've found are with 3 and talkmobile

3 are doin it on a 24 months contract £30 a month 900 min 5000 texts and 1gb of date

Talkmobile are doin it again a 24month contract again £30 a month but 750 min 1500 texts and 1gb of data

Both phones are free with these contracts

Where did you find that 3 deal? Cheapest i can see it is for £35 with 3 and thats for 500 mins, 5000 text, 1gb.

Here's a link , sorry its abit long

Neraly 4500 posts and I can't be bothered to learn short links

One of the differences that wasnt pointed out on the video is just how lovely AMOLED is. I know I am late to the party on this one, but just look at the screens when he compares the Galaxy S2 and the Thunderbolt.

Once you've had an AMOLED screen you simply couldn't own an LCD screen ever again. You can never go back. Also the browser on the SGS2 is indeed absurdly fast, you really appreciate it when you have multiple tabs open and you're flicking between them while the music player is on. Just simple things I was used to waiting for on my netbook or old Galaxy are now instant.

I have homes screens full of information widgets now, the phone simply cannot be stopped by anything you do on it. The hardware is that good. I'd imagine the Sensation would be up there with the Galaxy S2 on hardware, but they will never have the trump card of Super AMOLED. Samsungs true pride and joy.

After watching a few online vids, I am very impressed with the Samsung Galazy S 2 !

I currently have a rubbish samsung phone and I have an o2 sim-only contract (unlimited texts, unlimited internet & a couple of hundred minutes for £20 a month). I'm swaying between asking o2 to upgrade my contract to one that includes the S2, or keeping my sim-only contract and buying the phone outright.

Would my internet speed be shite if I kept my current contract? Or is it more dependent on the phone that the sim is in?

(I know nooothing)

Â