Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Im going to ask a question of which the answer may be startlingly obvious, but as a complete, utter and total technology numskull, I need to ask it...

Ive been banging on and on about purchasing a tablet. Ive waited patiently (or not), for the new Nexus to come out and need to get the 4g version as I want to use it on my commute to and from work, 3hrs a day. However, I dont really want to spend the big bucks on 4g prices, when I think 3g will suffice.

So, the question... will I be able to use Giff Gaff's unlimited £12 3g goodbag in the 4g new Nexus 7?

Help! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Check the Three tariffs too, they've already stated that they'll offer LTE at the same price as their 3G. Of course changing SIM in a tablet is hassle free as long as it's PAYG.

Sorry Limpid, what does LTE mean? Cheers for the help.

Im going to ask a question of which the answer may be startlingly obvious, but as a complete, utter and total technology numskull, I need to ask it...

Ive been banging on and on about purchasing a tablet. Ive waited patiently (or not), for the new Nexus to come out and need to get the 4g version as I want to use it on my commute to and from work, 3hrs a day. However, I dont really want to spend the big bucks on 4g prices, when I think 3g will suffice.

So, the question... will I be able to use Giff Gaff's unlimited £12 3g goodbag in the 4g new Nexus 7?

Help! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Check the Three tariffs too, they've already stated that they'll offer LTE at the same price as their 3G. Of course changing SIM in a tablet is hassle free as long as it's PAYG.

Sorry Limpid, what does LTE mean? Cheers for the help.

LTE=4G

LTE = Long Term Evolution aka "4G"... should be anywhere from 5 to 20 times faster than 3G.

I have AT&T Faux-G (HSPA+ rated at 21 Mbps, aka 3.9G) and I've seen 13 Mbps.

6q0e.png

Edited by leviramsey

Why are Google STILL useless at selling stuff? I am on google play trying to buy myself a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4 for my brother it keeps saying 

"Uh oh there was an error. We can't process due to a technical issue"

Stop trying to sell stuff Google. Use Amazon, they can sell things you cannot. This would turn some people against google. 

My mate did make me laugh though. "Of course they won't let you buy it, the minute you get to checkout they lose money"

bW1cXWS.jpg

I got this in on 3G last week, on a moving train through north Staffordshire of all places.

GWuqVna.jpg

Home screen is pretty basic. Google Calendar is subscribed to Villa fixtures and my kids schools academic calendar.

Wallpaper was from XDA, I'm not sure whether it's in the app store. It's the back of the Nexus 4 on the front of the Nexus 4.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1988871

Edited by The_Rev

bW1cXWS.jpg

I got this in on 3G last week, on a moving train through north Staffordshire of all places.

GWuqVna.jpg

Home screen is pretty basic. Google Calendar is subscribed to Villa fixtures and my kids schools academic calendar.

Wallpaper was from XDA, I'm not sure whether it's in the app store. It's the back of the Nexus 4 on the front of the Nexus 4.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1988871

How do you subscribe your calendar to the villa fixtures?

My Samsung charge's battery life is about 2 hours of continuous use. Can't wait till I'm due an upgrade till I get the galaxy s4.

You don't say which phone, but batteries are pretty cheap. Also, if your phone is less than two years old it's faulty or you've installed some crap software on it. Backup your stuff (if you don't do it automatically) and do a factory reset.

My Samsung charge's battery life is about 2 hours of continuous use. Can't wait till I'm due an upgrade till I get the galaxy s4.

You don't say which phone, but batteries are pretty cheap. Also, if your phone is less than two years old it's faulty or you've installed some crap software on it. Backup your stuff (if you don't do it automatically) and do a factory reset.
The phone is called the Samsung charge haha. What an ironic name. And I did have all my contacts randomly deleted but I had backup assistant and got them back.

Â