Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Im going to ask a question of which the answer may be startlingly obvious, but as a complete, utter and total technology numskull, I need to ask it...

Ive been banging on and on about purchasing a tablet. Ive waited patiently (or not), for the new Nexus to come out and need to get the 4g version as I want to use it on my commute to and from work, 3hrs a day. However, I dont really want to spend the big bucks on 4g prices, when I think 3g will suffice.

So, the question... will I be able to use Giff Gaff's unlimited £12 3g goodbag in the 4g new Nexus 7?

Help! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Im going to ask a question of which the answer may be startlingly obvious, but as a complete, utter and total technology numskull, I need to ask it...

Ive been banging on and on about purchasing a tablet. Ive waited patiently (or not), for the new Nexus to come out and need to get the 4g version as I want to use it on my commute to and from work, 3hrs a day. However, I dont really want to spend the big bucks on 4g prices, when I think 3g will suffice.

So, the question... will I be able to use Giff Gaff's unlimited £12 3g goodbag in the 4g new Nexus 7?

Help! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Check the Three tariffs too, they've already stated that they'll offer LTE at the same price as their 3G. Of course changing SIM in a tablet is hassle free as long as it's PAYG.

The drop in price on the nexus 4 has tempted me feel into a change of phone after having my s3 for a year. I'm looking at just the 8gb one, just trying to work out if it'll be big enough. My s3 says total space 11.25gb, available space 5.56 gb.

Does the Samsung software take up 4.75gb leaving me with the 11.25?

Does the nexus software take up storage or do you actually get 8gb?

The drop in price on the nexus 4 has tempted me feel into a change of phone after having my s3 for a year. I'm looking at just the 8gb one, just trying to work out if it'll be big enough. My s3 says total space 11.25gb, available space 5.56 gb.

My advice is to hold onto the S3 and get the new Nexus 5. The reason the big price drop is because the new Nexus is imminent and the Nexus will be superb value. The S3 and Nexus 4 as very very similar phones hardware wise. Last year's top specs.

Given how good a phone the S3 is still I'd strongly advise waiting for the new Nexus 5, even if you then decide to go for a Nexus 4 at least you make the decision well informed.

My advice is to hold onto the S3 and get the new Nexus 5. The reason the big price drop is because the new Nexus is imminent and the Nexus will be superb value. The S3 and Nexus 4 as very very similar phones hardware wise. Last year's top specs.

Given how good a phone the S3 is still I'd strongly advise waiting for the new Nexus 5, even if you then decide to go for a Nexus 4 at least you make the decision well informed.

Yeah I posted that I'm going to wait. I was only tempted to change as it essentially wouldn't of cost me anything as I could of sold the s3 for the same price. I realise that I wouldn't be getting anything better spec wise. Any sniffs on when the nexus 5 will be announced and any rumours spec wise?

I was thinking about this today. The most unstable thing in a phone is... the battery yet nearly everyone now seals it into the phone and doesn't let you remove it. It makes sense as it will possibly increase the number of phone sales as if your phone dies like that plenty will get a replacement.

Anyway you Nexus is under warranty. Contact Google, they're great with this stuff. 

I'd personally just wipe it, always good to have a clean out. With Google+ photo-auto-backup, and everything else being cloud based, it really doesn't matter about doing it.

• Like 1

Still using the basic 'skin' (is that the right word?? What do you call the thing that changes the appearance and settings of your homepages setup) On my HTC one X but fancy messing around to get a new look/make it more personalized.

What do people recommend in terms of new skins to play around with my home pages and general setup?

Â