Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

The one thing I don't get, is how can they (AV06) be so far behind. Surely they would have known about Villa being for sale for quite some time. It seems they are a bit whimsical in their interest.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I don't get, is how can they (AV06) be so far behind. Surely they would have known about Villa being for sale for quite some time. It seems they are a bit whimsical in their interest.

They came in late because they hadn't enough finance in place and when they did their main protagonist went on holiday just as Lerner chose his time to pounce

Since they ahve always been in a catch up situation and even now it seems can't prove the complete validity of their finance until next week

Right can i get a few points cleared up that i have been thinking about and don't know (they may have been mentioned but i might have missed)

Next Wednesday the 10 days is up if no other bid then Randy is the winner. Correct?

The 21 days is for getting all the shares together, what for example someone doesn't want to sell their shares. Say for example i have 100 but i want to keep them, will this effect the TO at all ( i am assuming not ) just wondered how it worked out of interest.

After Wednesday(10 days) is up, is that like Lerner taking the keys after buying a car stage and Doug is history its not his car anymore?

Apologies if these points have been covered i have lost track of some of these massive threads.

Thankyou thumbsup.gif

5pm next Wednesday (23rd) - LSE shuts and the 10 days are up. If no other bid has come in then the 'soft irrevocable undertakings' become 'hard' (so to speak) - Ellis / his family / Petchey share transfer to RAL will go through and he will own 58% ish.

From that point onwards, the 11 days left out of the initial 21 day period can then be used by Lerner to buy the minor shareholdings that you and me own (75% and 90% being the critical points here).

If he gets 90% then he can buy your shares whether you like it or not (I think). You hypothetically not selling your 100 probably won't make a difference, but why chance it. After all, if everyone thinks that way....

Just noticed on News Now , that the American press are reporting the AV06 bid , wonder how the America beating part of Padfields statement will go down with the Yanks ???

Not well, trust me. It will be seen as small-minded, petty, xenophobic, insulting the the English intelligence, and desparate. I should know, because I am a Yank. :winkold:

Cali, will it reflect badly on Villa or on Padfield. Is your average American newspaper reader savvy enough to know it's not a general anti-American feeling, just a stupid desperate clearing in the woods ?

Cali, will it reflect badly on Villa or on Padfield. Is your average American newspaper reader savvy enough to know it's not a general anti-American feeling, just a stupid desperate clearing in the woods ?

Exactly thats what i am worried about , tell your Brothers and Sisters Cali , we love you yanks :winkold:

Good question, BOF. To be completely honest, we in America feel that most of the rest of the world really do hate us, even our allies, some of it perhaps justified, much if it not. I personally know better, because I'm on this board a lot. I hate to say it though, I think the average American might think Padfield speaks for the majority of the English. That's why he pisses me off SO MUCH!!!

Exactly thats what i am worried about , tell your Brothers and Sisters Cali , we love you yanks :winkold:

The feeling is mutual. 8)

Although Cali they could also think Beat him Randy beat that English pig , thats what i hope for anyway :D

HAAAHAAA :lol:

But seriously, I would say that most Americans, at least in my circle of influence really LOVE the English, but worry that the English don't love us back. It's almost as if we Americans have an inferiority complex. You guys (the English) are basically our parent country.

just noticed posted by 'Damian' on Aston Villa Blog website....is he legit??

""Have the AV06 consortium spoken to Mr O'Neill? I'll ask next time I speak to Mr Padfield but it's important for me, as a supporter, to believe that whoever gains control is doing it for football reasons and everything we know about both parties right now is pure speculation; how do we know who is best for Aston Villa?

I've spoken to Mr Padfield today and he can confirm that AV06 are 'keen to outbid Mr Lerner' and he's pretty sure that Mr Lerner 'hasn't budgeted for any transfers'. If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised as by the time he would gain control of the club the transfer window will be closed.

That's not a negative remark against Mr Padfield as he also confirmed they wouldn't be able to spend until January, but that also leaves plenty of time for Mr Lerner to put together a transfer budget for Mr O'Neill in January.

Mr Padfield has spoken to a couple of Aston Villa fans, who will remain nameless as I don't think they've told anyone of their conversation, but I will say one thing and that is he was confident of his position and his wish to take Aston Villa forward.

He also confirmed that the fans would have a voice if he gained control and he knew we've never had that under Mr Ellis; so he's saying the right things and from what I understood things could happen very soon.

The question is, would AV06 be better for Aston Villa than Mr Lerner and the answer, I'm afraid to say is, none of us will ever know because only one of them will gain control and that will come down to who wants it the most.

Also, with a bit of luck that should be the best outcome for Aston Villa, or atleast we all hope it will be!

Last Updated ( Tuesday, 15 August 2006 )""

...anyone know of him??

One thing that strikes me, is why would padfield speak to someone like Damian, any self-respecting villa fan knows his site is tosh, so to speak to him would be madness.

But seriously, I would say that most Americans, at least in my circle of influence really LOVE the English, but worry that the English don't love us back. It's almost as if we Americans have an inferiority complex. You guys (the English) are basically our parent country.

I think most brits don't like Bush....... but then, most of the Americans I know don't like him either! lol

But it is a worry that there is a general concept that Americans aren't liked by the Brits, and Padfields comments could be read as that.

Great PR work once again by AV06. If the quality of the rest of their supposed bid is to the same level......... I am not worried by them at all.

This smacks of a desparate, last-minute attempt by Padfield to "talk with the fans". If Mr. Padfield really cared about what the fans wanted, he would know that most of them want Lerner, and would bow out gracefully, now.

I would say that most Americans, at least in my circle of influence really LOVE the English, but worry that the English don't love us back. It's almost as if we Americans have an inferiority complex. You guys (the English) are basically our parent country.

I think a large percentage of English (and other Europeans) really really don't like the Government of the USA, but generally we do like the ordinary American people a lot. It's a big difference.

When Clinton was President, the image of the US in Europe was much much more positive. The people haven't changed, just the Government and its that that's perhaps led to the fears you have?

I've been to the U.S. a few times, and to different parts, and have been thoroughly impressed with the people I've met. They (you) are a great bunch.

I think it's harsh how people have totally dismissed Padfields bid and intentions, and I'm not sure why people seem to think Learner would be so much better than Padfield. Dont get me wrong I would love to see Learner to take over the club because it would mean new owners, but no more than Padfeild.

I agree with your comments Runetune and Blandy, but most Americans don't know this. And I'm fairly certain that most Americans will view Padfield's comments as simply anti-American, not anti-Bush or anti-American government.

Many of us Yanks feel that because the USA has been so successful commercially, that many countries around the world automatically mistrust ALL our motives, whether politically or in business.

Although Cali they could also think Beat him Randy beat that English pig , thats what i hope for anyway :D

HAAAHAAA :lol:

I like the English, keep making Doctor Who and Life on Mars and it'll stay that way! :evil: :D I actually have a thing for British television and movies, there's some great American tv but it's nice to get a different perspective when we get the same crap over here every year.

The only reason I worry about the English not liking us is because of our government but I would hope everyone understands that many of us didn't vote for that guy!