Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

SSN r sooo enoyin when it said breaking news about villa i thought yes takeover but they talk about Aitken which was mentioned on here over an hour ago!!

Yeah and read the Sky Text its even funnier...reckons Nevilles heading AV06 Bid

& Padfield heads another consortium. Loads of errors!

Muppets!!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSN probably know everything the VT insiders know. They can't go on air with rumour though. They have to stick to confirmed fact, and no-one inside VP will confirm anything cuz they're not allowed to. So it's not that they're necessarily behind, it's just that they can't say anything.

Although I could be wrong and they could be useless clearings in the woods :)

I think that Lerner's is the favoured bid and once he puts his bid in this time, that it could all move very quickly! As O'Neill has already said yes and obv Lerner has the finanicial backing to buy out Ellis and Petchey too.

Let's get this done, so AVFC can be reborn!

SSN r sooo enoyin when it said breaking news about villa i thought yes takeover but they talk about Aitken which was mentioned on here over an hour ago!!

Muppets!!

Yeah i saw that last night, how i chuckled. You'd of thought they'd of corrected their shoddy journalism by now though!!!

Muppets

lol im sure the bloke on SSN also said earlier when speeking to that financial bloke that Lerner was going to join with a consortium , they havent got a clue

I dont know if this has been ansewered but does anyone know who those 3 Americans were at Villa Park Tuesday?

Simon and garfunkel, plus one unknown another....apparently :roll:

Neville wants to join with PAdfield's AV06 consortium to table a bid for the club. Here is what was said by Padfield on BBC Radio 5 tonight.

"The latest state of play is we have been approached by representatives from other consortia who have already put their hats in the ring. One is a representative of Mr Neville.

"We are considering opening discussions with them but haven't taken a firm decision.

"Nothing is going to happen until I return (from holiday) at the end of the week.

"We haven't had serious discussions yet but an approach has been made to me and certainly I'm quite happy to arrange a meeting when I get back."

"One of the crucial issues is the extent to which Doug Ellis wants to retain a stake in the club or whether he is prepared to sell his entire shareholding.

What the F**K is doug upto? does this mean he wont sell ALL his shares?

Even when all this is over will he still sit on the board because he has shares?

Is this where all the problems with are stemming from?

Villabug wrote

I dont know if this has been ansewered but does anyone know who those 3 Americans were at Villa Park Tuesday?

Yeah it was Channel 4's new American Producers for a Transatlantic

reality show called

"Big F*****"

Lerner's associates.

Should that not be 'Lerner's associates?'?

Or has it been confirmed anywhere.

Are the media as confused as us on all of this? Is this a conspiracy by Doug 'where is my office' Ellis to make the whole world as confused as he has been for the last year or so?

Confusing, isn't it?

Just having shares does not necessarily qualify you to sit on the board.

True, but if he has say 10% he holds the balance of power in several ways.

Its is estimated that up to 20% of shares are untraceable. Therefore if Lerner or anyone else was able to obtain all the others that would only give them 70%. Maybe some of the people who know this stuff can confirm but I beileve that a 70% shareholder cannot do certain things without calling an EGM and that they need 75% to avoid this. Furthermore I believe it is not possible to delist the plc without 95% of the shareholding. I assume there is some way around "untraceable" shares but if ellis held 10% he could stop Lerner or any other party from taking the company off the LSE and generally make life difficult.

Mike - someone will no doubt be able to fill in the facts. But there is some financial requirements about any shareholder owning more than 9.9% of shares. Hence why NTL bought 9.9% of numerous clubs some years back.

There is also legislation around the delisting of the club and that 'missing' 10%' but I'm struggling to remember it.