Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Boyden said on WM tonight that Lerner's men were at Villa all day today. He reckons the new era is about to begin with Lerner and MON. Now this was after Central news had said the Americans were nothing to do with Lerner.

My money is on that they were linked to Lerner.

Tomorrow we will find out then i guess.

Sleep tight guys, this might be it, or it might not

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to talksport at the moment they are talking like it is a done deal that mon is new manager wtf is going

They had Bill Howell on and he said it is 100% guaranted that O'Neil will be next Villa manager. The guys presenting talksport couldn't believe it.

They've had Arsenal, Leicester and Celtic fans on saying what a massive club Villa are and what a great manager MON is and that it wouldn't be beyond the realms to see Villa challenging the top 4 in a couple of years. Nice I thought coming from fans of other clubs.

Lets hope so, I feel that tomorrow will be a big let down though!

listening to talksport at the moment they are talking like it is a done deal that mon is new manager wtf is going

They had Bill Howell on and he said it is 100% guaranted that Oit just show what high regard people have for the club, every one just had good things to say about us.

They had Bill Howell on and he said it is 100% guaranted that O'Neil will be next Villa manager. The guys presenting talksport couldn't believe it.

They've had Arsenal, Leicester and Celtic fans on saying what a massive club Villa are and what a great manager MON is and that it wouldn't be beyond the realms to see Villa challenging the top 4 in a couple of years. Nice I thought coming from fans of other clubs.

Have been busy, only just got back to the PC - good to hear the other fans saying what they have been. Pretty well sums up what we have had from the Chelsea and Spurs fans.

Lets hope the predictions are accurate!

Saw the bit with Pete Colley being interviewed about MON and Takeover and he thinks the whole thing about imminent arrival of MON & takeover might JUST be a ploy of Ellis to sell season tickets!!

HMMMMMMMM

Maybe those guys on SSN earlier will turn out to be Marcus, Stevano & Ali from the Villa Cross Kebab shop on a day out with Doug treated to shiny new suits from Primart, complimentary mobile phones & a tour in his Rolla out to Bodymoor Heath!!!

...................JUST to get us all going that SOMETHINGS happening!!!

:bang::bang::bang:

Saw the bit with Pete Colley being interviewed about MON and Takeover and he thinks the whole thing about imminent arrival of MON & takeover might JUST be a ploy of Ellis to sell season tickets!!

HMMMMMMMM

Maybe those guys on SSN earlier will turn out to be Marcus, Stevano & Ali from the Villa Cross Kebab shop on a day out with Doug treated to shiny new suits from Primart, complimentary mobile phones & a tour in his Rolla out to Bodymoor Heath!!!

It is a possibility but I for one will not renew until the takeover is complete and I doubt many will renew before anything is confirmed.

After listening to Peter Cooley from SSN, he made some very relevant points.

Why would MON come in with no garuantee of a takeover on the table

No money to spend

A clearly dissatisfied squad of players who finished 16th in the league.

No one, particularily someone as clever as Martin O Neil, would be likely to commit under these circumstances.

He also stated that the story was probably leaked to sell season tickets, which is, in my opinion, quite clearly the case as Baggie bill is in Dougs pocket. He also stated that he doubted he'd work with Doug "knowing Martin as well as i do over the years".

My opinion, for what it is, is this, I believe Lerners man are the ones at VP and Bodymoor, and I would expect that Villa will make an announcement tommorrow that the board of AVFC PLC have recieved a firm offer from Randy Lerner of £64 million. After discussions between the board we are willing to reccommend this offer to the shareholders of AVFC PLC as we believe it is in the best interests of the club.

Further more AVFC PLC would like to announce the retirement of Chairman Doug Ellis, who will now move into a purely figurehead role at AVFC.

The appointment of a manager will be the subject of a future announcement from the new owners.

Thats what I'd expect, however I also wouldn't be suprised to see this:

AVFC PLC have rejected all bids connected with the club as the lord and master DE feels the people bidding are just not "football" enough for him. He now hopes the shareholders will kindly shut up and allow him to wibble in his office whilst wasting £500,000 per year!!

HMMMMMMMM

I'm pretty sure he was only implying that the MON appointment "in the next 24 hours" was a ploy.

He also stated that the story was probably leaked to sell season tickets!

Of the many reasons this might have been leaked, this is quite possibly the least likely.

Note the word "leaked" as opposed to "invented"

It all points to be Lerners men at VP today, especially when the major rumour is that he will make a second approach for the club within 48 hours.

This twinned with the story of MON possible appointment makes it seem even more possible.

Lerner has already taken the 'Villa tour' so I see no reason why he should come back to do the deal. A guy of the worth surely would have a team of guys/financial company who do all his aquasitions and purchases.

I think Lerner liked what he saw when he was last here, realises what potential we have and it was only Ellis that fooked things up. IF he really wants to buy the business then a doddering old clearing in the woods wont stop him, hence sending over the 'men' to sort it out meaning he doesnt have to deal with piss pants again.

I can imagine him saying to the guys 'Look I dont wanna deal with that old bastard again so just go there and get the deal done'

Lets hope the next 48 hours brings some good news on the ownership and the management of Aston Villa

Sleep tight guys, this might be it, or it might not

You see, that's the problem with this takeover. As a teenager with no school to worry about for the summer, I like to sleep in. However, while this circus is on, I just can't go back to sleep when I first wake up in the morning.

Anyway, if it really was Lerner's men at Villa Park today, then we should hear something tomorrow. I can't see the press letting this one pass by.

And, if Baggie Bill says O'Neill will be the next manager, then I think we have reason to believe it's true. You can say alot about Bill Howell, but he wouldn't risk his rep with information that may or may not be true.

Tomorrow could be buisy. Then again, I said that to myself at this time yesterday too :roll: .

Takeover rollercoaster - the main attraction at the Aston Villa fun fair circus.

He also stated that the story was probably leaked to sell season tickets!

Of the many reasons this might have been leaked, this is quite possibly the least likely.

Note the word "leaked" as opposed to "invented"

Why is this unlikely?? It's only unlikely if DE is willing to give up power,. What is perfectly plausable is that Doug thinks if he gets MON then he could ride out this storm and stay in charge, would you not agree??

So if you were Doug release a story to your favorite lap dog, build some interest, sell some tickets, get some extra cash to give your new messiah. And hunker down once he's in??

In all honesty i wouldn't be suprised to see this happen!! Thats the nature of the man who controls AVFC.

One thing I didn't agree with Colley about is he said MON wouldn't make a decision this quick, if we are to believe the reports MON was approached by AVIL weeks ago and I'm sure MON will want to bring players in before the start of the season so I think if he has assurances that Ellis is going he will come sooner rather than later to give him a chance line up players and get agreements in place so as soon as the takeover takes place he can sign his targets.

Did anyone see the reports on SSN that Boro are after Steed Malbranque!!! I didn't realise he is only 26 too

And, if Baggie Bill says O'Neill will be the next manager, then I think we have reason to believe it's true. You can say alot about Bill Howell, but he wouldn't risk his rep with information that may or may not be true.

Is this Baggie Bill a different journalist to the Bill Howell of the Evening Mail? because that one has no reputation based on the fact he's got nearly everything wrong recently. He has however said whatever it is that the Ellis regieme has asked him to say

Why is this unlikely?? It's only unlikely if DE is willing to give up power,. What is perfectly plausable is that Doug thinks if he gets MON then he could ride out this storm and stay in charge, would you not agree??

There is no way in a million years I can see MON coming to Villa if he knows Ellis is going to stay in charge. I've always believed if MON is announced manager before a takeover it will also signal the end of the Ellis era. If MON becomes manager and Ellis rejects all offers for the club I will parade around outside Villa park in only me missus's thongs before the Reading game.

Is this Baggie Bill a different journalist to the Bill Howell of the Evening Mail? because that one has no reputation based on the fact he's got nearly everything wrong recently. He has however said whatever it is that the Ellis regieme has asked him to say

I guess I don't know the local press of Brum as well as you do, but I'm not wrong in thinking it is one of the more popular rags in Brum? So if people do buy the paper, they must trust what it prints? And they did run this as their main story this morning and covered their front page with the headline, didn't they? I can't see a newspaper taking a risk with a big story like this, to be honest. If Howell's story is revealed as being bollo*ks, then I can't see his editor trusting him much from now on.

Maybe the British press is even more tabloid then I thought, but getting things like this wrong can't be good for business.