Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

from OS

Takeover Information

A number of supporters have contacted the club recently requesting information regarding the current takeover discussions.

Whilst we understand the interest and concerns of supporters and shareholders, as a listed company, we are strictly limited to what we can and cannot say regarding the current situation.

Consequently, we have communicated all possible information to supporters and shareholders via the Stock Exchange.

However, the following points give a brief summary of the legal requirements that any listed company must adhere to in such circumstances.

As Aston Villa is a listed company, the board and its representatives have a legal duty to conduct any takeover negotiations strictly in accordance with the regulations.

There can be no special deals struck for the benefit of any individual. Personal interests cannot be pursued and all negotiations are conducted in the best interest of all shareholders and the football club.

As the company's retained advisor, Rothschild has been, and will continue to be, present at all meetings to ensure regulatory practice is upheld.

The board of Aston Villa are duty bound to consider the merits, or otherwise, of all offers made to the club.

In such situations, it is not legally possible for a listed company to divulge specific information relating to a takeover without first informing the Stock Exchange.

Accordingly, as and when appropriate, a further announcement will be made.

Actually this is very interesting, especially the bit in bold. It is basically answering the rumours that ellis was trying to angle an executive position for himself.

I think we can take it folks that they have now said categorically that he isnt and CAN'T !!!

I believe this statement is VERY significant!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also sounds like Rothschild will not let this happen (can not let this happen). Sounds like even the insiders are leaving Doug's ship.

The bit in bold translates as:

"Ellis is a clearing in the woods who nearly **** up a takeover. A takeover which was in the best interests of the CLUB. We know you know he isb a clearing in the woods, we also know he is a clearing in the woods so dont worry, we'll have him under wraps from now on."

It also sounds like Rothschild will not let this happen (can not let this happen). Sounds like even the insiders are leaving Doug's ship.

I think you are very probably right, rumour is that some board members are not happy.

What is more I think this is a preface to further imminent events.

Cue Lerner?????????

I think this is as close to the apology that Lerner was reputed to be seeking from Ellis.

I think it is a signal to Lerner that Rothchild's are now in the driving seat, and that he should feel comfortable dealing with them if he wishes.

The bit in bold translates as:

"Ellis is a clearing in the woods who nearly **** up a takeover. A takeover which was in the best interests of the CLUB. We know you know he is a clearing in the woods, we also know he is a clearing in the woods so dont worry, we'll have him under wraps from now on."

Wouldn't it have been more amusing if they'd just written that instead of the long-winded official style statement? :D

Yeah but Ellis would get round it by saying Lerner apparently never actually put in an official bid for AVFC...however the statement does mention "negotiations" and that Rothchilds are present at ALL meetings - so yes I think the statement is an apology & a reassurance that protocol & proper regulatory procedure will be adhered to from now on and that Ellis can kiss goodbye to any special deals

Oh I Soooooo hope Lerner DOES indeed take control with a wry smile and an instant dislike of all things Ellis!!

Heck soon I might not EVER have to drive under that hideous "Doug Ellis Stand" sign on Witton Road again. But then that's another thread..........

If Rothchilds were present during their first meeting to ensure regulatory practice is upheld, they how the h*ll could Doug have made those demands in the first place?

And I remember reports saying Lerner was upset because representatives of Rothchilds were present, even though it was agreed it should have been a one-to-one meeting between Ellis and himself.

Did not the representative from Rothchild present explain the reason for his presence to Lerner?

This seems to me as an arse covering exercise, but perhaps it's not only Ellis that needs to cover his arse?

If he didn't want to sell then why bother paying Rothschild a hefty fee to search the world for buyers. Surely he'd just carry on as he has done for the last two decades?

I think he will sell, but only on his terms. This statement is basically sayind 'decide what you want and stick to it you old prick' Hopefully this will all be resolved sooner rather than later.