Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shares traded at 13.26.

Is that the share price - or the time of the last shares brought ?

I remember buying as fair few when they got floated at £11 - and then crashed down to £1.50 - if they are now at £13.26 - I'm selling

After yesterday's whirlwind of emotion!

What can we expect from today? I presume the Board (ellis) are mulling over the bids?

Do you think we will have another day like yesterday?

Guest RantinRob

Just heard on WM..............Neville said if this bid fails he won't be trying again

Just heard on WM..............Neville said if this bid fails he won't be trying again

If thats the case then I have a feeling thats another interested bid finished along with whoever would make an offer for our club

it's started....

I take it this is what this means on LSE?

As at 27-Jul-2006 13:07:14

502.500 0.00 0.00

That trading has now stopped.

it's started....

Doug: Now ive told that small time american business i can reject Mr Neville and then theres only the other two!!!

502.500 0.00 0.00

No, trading is still open as we are still just in 'bid situation' as we have been for some 11 months

502.500 0.00 0.00

No, trading is still open as we are still just in 'bid situation' as we have been for some 11 months

Just means the share price is the same currently as it was at close yesterday. Nothing more sinister than that. Price rose slightly this morning but has dropped again to its overnight level. People are less sure now and the market reflects this.

502.500 0.00 0.00

Edited: I'm reading something into nothing, d'oh!

502.500 0.00 0.00

Just means the share price is the same currently as it was at close yesterday. Nothing more sinister than that. Price rose slightly this morning but has dropped again to its overnight level. People are less sure now and the market reflects this.

Gotcha, I can't take much more of this saga!

*Goes for a walk...*

So has anyone ACTUALLY made a bid yet? Because looking at the fact that there has been no cessation of trading must mean he hasn't....

yeah, neville has made a bid of £64million, but its not like buying a bag of crisps.

first the bid must be looked at, see if the funds are in place, look at what the long term stratergy is etc, if doug decided the bid is acceptable, he then recomends it to other shareholders.

As I understand it, and reading between the lines of posts on other threads, there have been a number of indicative bids as mentioned on yesterdays statement. These are like 'informal' bids for the purposes of the stock market - they are one step removed from being final formal bids and are intended to give Ellis/the board (one and the same?) a general idea of what the bid involves, which allows them to make a decision between them.

Assuming one of these is then chosen as the preferred bid, the final touches are put to this particular bid and and minor grey areas are ironed out and this is then submitted as a formal bid. I think there would be an LSE announcement at this point and trading may stop then. There would then be a period of time (dunno how long) when all the legal processes are followed etc and then the deal would take place.

As I say, this is how I understand it - I'm no expert though so if anyone can clarify this that would be great!