Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Do you think that new owners would want thier own choice of manager?

Depends who we get now if its a Curbishly or O'Neil they would get a chance but if we get a Hoddle they would want there own over him definatly.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the club are asking the prospective buyers - who they would prefer to be in charge, ie Curbs or O'Neil??? and then install them at the club with the proviso that the deal goes through and certain ammounts of funding is allocated straight away???

I personally think the chances are very slim - it makes too much sense for a start :winkold:

I wonder if the club are asking the prospective buyers - who they would prefer to be in charge, ie Curbs or O'Neil??? and then install them at the club with the proviso that the deal goes through and certain ammounts of funding is allocated straight away???

I personally think the chances are very slim - it makes too much sense for a start :winkold:

I doubt it very much

id love to see Curbishley run Aston Villa with a bit of money to spend. He did superbly with limited funds at Charlton.

Curbishley would be an admittance that all we can aim for as a club is midtable.

He has done absolutely nothing in the past to suggest he can step beyond that. The bare minimum we should be planning for is a manager who can guarantee top six (with the usual caveats of funding, no interference etc).

Having watched more live charlton football over the last few years than I deserve, can I say if you thought we were dull, with a propensity to go on long runs without a win, then Curbishley is your man!

id love to see Curbishley run Aston Villa with a bit of money to spend. He did superbly with limited funds at Charlton.

Curbishley would be an admittance that all we can aim for as a club is midtable.

He has done absolutely nothing in the past to suggest he can step beyond that. The bare minimum we should be planning for is a manager who can guarantee top six (with the usual caveats of funding, no interference etc).

Spot on. Curbishley to me is just ordinary. With Martin O'Neil in the job, the club would lose it's apathy and sense of doom and gloom overnight (well almost). I'm just keeping everything crossed at the moment, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Villa let me down yet again.

I can imagine it:

Prospective New Owners - "We would like MO'N."

Chairman (from the villa in Spain that he currently can be found at 24/7) - "David Platt it is then gents."

Prospective New Owners - "The deal is off then."

Chairman - "What a pity, can you keep quiet about that until the AGM?"

not at Villa, but what it shows is that people are speculating there is truth on this and therefore if a takeover happens at say 550p obviously buying shares at 400p gives you a nice healthy profit for nothing.

is the senile old fool back from his holiday today? or is my mind making that up??

Im with Rob on this. we are Villa. This will be dragged out. I feel not much will happen quick enough for big changes before the window shuts. so basically, we can write this season off as rebuilding season.

i hope i get proved wrong.