Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Doug is right wanting atkeat 65 million for Villa Portsmouth went for 40 million they have a crappy little stadium that holds 19000 and they dont have the land around them we do

They also didn't have a lying old incompetent as the salesman.

The word removed is not acting out of any desire to help AVFC - surely we have seen recently that the only things that counts is his ego. He wants a high price for no other reason then lining his pockets the old bastard.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug is right wanting atkeat 65 million for Villa

if that was correct, someone would offer £65m.

The value of an item is a mixture between the value placed on it by the seller and the value placed on it by the buyer.

This applies as much to a can of beans as it does to a football club, it is a basic law of economics.

if you are a seller, and you set a price which no-one buys at, you are, by definition, over valuing that which you sell. Therefore, £65m overvalues Aston Villa

SSN just stated that Villa have announced to the stock exchange that there has been more interest from the UK and overseas in buying the club!

Just some more people for Ellis to turn down I guess!

This cant be true, i was told in no uncertain terms yesterday by posters on here that these potential buyers were a figment of my imagination :roll:

Yes I've noticed some of those so keen to look back at past suggestions haven't been doing much of late.

In fact they haven't been on much either.

My source (usually reliable etc.) tells me that there is a Swedish consortium interested and that they would appoint shagger Sven if a takeover was successful.

Dont shoot the messenger.

My source (usually reliable etc.) tells me that there is a Swedish consortium interested and that they would appoint shagger Sven if a takeover was successful.

god i hope the clearing in the woods dosent get the job we would be better with dol than him.

god i hope the clearing in the woods dosent get the job we would be better with dol than him.

I don't know fran. I hated the tosser as and England manager, but he has good form as a club manager. GT mk1 was cracking for us and shite for England. Maybe having fewer 'celebrities' in a squad would work better for someone like SGE. Maybe not, and maybe he is truly a shocking tactic-less moron

Is the AGM that near that we need to float a new bid story again or is this to replace the DO'L out stories before the pressure is really applied to get the chirman out of the club as well?

Still Swede, Sven, Graham Taylor, Neville, MO'N any cobination of these would be better than what we have now. Let's hope this is the news we have been waiting for!

I'm no fan of sven, but with a new board and funds, he'd be good. A big name to attract players and his club record was actually pretty good with Lazio and others. I know it's not going to happen, but there's no harm in a flight of fancy.

I've heard there is a "new credible" takeover bid looming and to be announced to the LSE, but that's all I know. Might be the same group

Less celebs? Let's not forget the amount of talent he had in that Lazio team. I'd not be agianst him coming in. The right bloke for the job? Maybe not. The right bloke for the situation? Almost definitely. Gullit and Vialli weren't Chelsea's best ever managers, but without them there'd probably be no Abramovic today.

Shareholders and supporters will be aware that Aston Villa has been in an official Offer Period since 19 September 2005, when the AVIL consortium made an initial approach to the Company. As previously announced, the board appointed Rothschild as an adviser to examine the AVIL proposal and can confirm that there have since been a number of other approaches from various parties, both from the UK and overseas. Extensive discussions involving Rothschild, the Chairman, Doug Ellis, and credible parties are ongoing and will be fully explored to determine whether a formal offer for the issued share capital of Aston Villa will be forthcoming. However, there is no certainty that any of these discussions will lead to an offer being made. Shareholders and supporters will be updated in due course.

anyone think this is serious?

or is it ellis trying to hide behind the stock exchange regulations and trying to deflect the difficult questions he will have to face at the agm?

amazing how these 'bids' and 'enquiries' always come around the same time each year or when there is a crisis at the club questioning ellis competence....

Yes I've noticed some of those so keen to look back at past suggestions haven't been doing much of late.

In fact they haven't been on much either

and that is supposed to mean what exactly?

For once I don't think it is, although I can see why people would think that

Neither do I actually. I think the land sale, oleary's removal and this bid are all tied together