Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellis is a day closer to death.

:lol:

Sorry but is it just me that thinks comments like this are a bit sick and uncalled for?

I'm sure i remember reading your a doctor as well ahamaad and your laughing because a sick old man is one day closer to death.

Just seems wrong to me

Sorry but is it just me that thinks comments like this are a bit sick and uncalled for?

I'm sure i remember reading your a doctor as well ahamaad and your laughing because a sick old man is one day closer to death.

Just seems wrong to me

As has been said, we're all a day closer to death.

Just seems wrong to me

I think others have pointed out the accuracy in my statement in that it applies to everyone, not just Doug.

Aren't we all?

true but I am hoping he see's the grim reaper before I do.

Don't count on it. I wouldn't be surpirsed if he invented immortality too...

Hm, this thread is going up to be along the top totty-thread. Not as good reading though... Or pics.

just reading between the lines, and an interview D`OL did for the bbc.

"hopefully, we will know whats going on with the club, hopefully there will be a possitive outcome on the takeover"

i really think someone knows something but isnt letting on. intresting how michael neville appears to have vanished off the face of the earth? he was in the papers giving us updates, has doug told him to shut it?

I dont want the take over to go through anymore...not with the Comer Brothers anyway. They´ve had six months or so on their hands to make a deal. It´s just another farce surrounding Villa and I´m getting more and more ashamed by how the club is runned.

Ellis stated that he last saw the Comer Brothers in september...well...now it is soon may...anyone else believe that it will go through? It seems very very strange to me and I dont think that Aston Villa will benefit from owners like the Comer brothers really. This is not how good business is done!

I want Ellis to sell...today! BUT to someone that can provide cash and make Villa a success that the club should´ve been ten years ago!

Cash is not only the solution to success...a new board is together with some cash for investment in the squad. However...I do believe that the board issue is far more important than money today at Villa...and that doesnt say little about the situation at VP!!!

Considering all the claimed restrictions Ellis blames on the stock exchange rules.....

How is it he can now talk about meeting the Comers in September and the agreement and conditions but the same rules have prevented him for the last 7 months?

He could be lying again of course?....... no never

Maybe the Comers have the required funds but wanted to wait and see whether we would sty up before showing their hand? Strange that Deadly has suddenly come out and mouthed of about the takeover and is inthe press. Almost like he's making his one last stand before pissing off and let's be honest, when they showed an interest we were still in a shit position and Why would you show you were capable to give the manager £20m if you were gonna get relegated? surely you'd wait and see which division you were in? And don't forget at a crucial time of negotaions the old fart went and had his cancer treatment plus his herart by-pass plus a further 3 operations so whether they wanted to or not they couldn't deal with him cos he was always in the pissing BUPA hospital or wherever getting treatment. Not how you want to do business!?!?

of course I could be so so so wrong. Probably am but it seems Doug's PR is to pop the blame for the slow-upon everyone else again.

Considering all the claimed restrictions Ellis blames on the stock exchange rules.....

How is it he can now talk about meeting the Comers in September and the agreement and conditions but the same rules have prevented him for the last 7 months?

He could be lying again of course?....... no never

excellent point Dennis and I am sure he has said he has never met them personally ...

I am positive the major shareholders ie. Petchey, dugdale and a few others if they wanted could call an EGM and on the basis of company governance and other thiongs could vote Ellis out.

However they won't, Petchey is either sitting there waiting to asset sttrip it or knows he will get his money and the others don;t have the energy.

it is tired, old and needs shaking up, it will happen the only issue is when.

I am positive the major shareholders ie. Petchey, dugdale and a few others if they wanted could call an EGM and on the basis of company governance and other thiongs could vote Ellis out.

Doug and family have got nearly 40% of the shares at Villa. Too many of the rest of the shares are spread too thinly, making it nearly impossible to get Ellis out. Petchey's just waiting around to recoup his investment with a nice big bonus, so why should he care particularly? Someone's going to buy Villa sooner or later, be it next year or in 5 years time. It'll be for more than he bought them for, so I really don't think much else concerns him.

Doug and family have got nearly 40% of the shares at Villa. Too many of the rest of the shares are spread too thinly, making it nearly impossible to get Ellis out. Petchey's just waiting around to recoup his investment with a nice big bonus, so why should he care particularly? Someone's going to buy Villa sooner or later, be it next year or in 5 years time. It'll be for more than he bought them for, so I really don't think much else concerns him.

Not completely accurate Risso and you know how you like fans to be spot on.

The problerm with the share holding, and this is Ellis' let out, is that the deciding 10 to 12 % are lost in limbo.

Shareholders who have moved house, died and not passed on their shareholding or lost their shares and so on are what makes it hard to out vote Ellis' supposed total of 35 to 38%.

I'd also suggest its of some interest that in his latest blurb on the Comer situation, he suggests he has met the brothers and agreed a deal for the takeover but that the Cromers have not been able to convince him they have enough funds in place to meet the requirement he has to fund player purchases over the next few years to improve the club.

So its not his fault his asking price is too high you see, its the fact the Comers can't finance or at least haven't convinced him they can't fund the necessary transfer budget to achieve what he hasn't in 20 years.

Dear me naughty Comers, lovely Doug. He can't say more of course because of plc and stock market rules.

What a piss take and how many muppets will soak it all up