What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

As Spok would say - scarifice one for the greater good - or words to that effect.

£28m + the money from clear out, say £15m + £20m from sponsorship = a decent war chest to bring in quality and balance.

6 or 7 £10m players could make us a strong side?

I think Citeh, with all of their firepower, will be up there with Chelski now with Man U trailling in third spot and us competing with Arsenal, Plop, Spuds and Everton for that fourth spot.

6 or 7 £10m players?? :crylaugh:

what planet are you on?

Planet hope I think, but Randy has always said that he is prepared to invest in new players if the club can run on an even keel. My numbers above show that we could spend 60-70m without him investing and, if we dispose of all the fringe players + Milner, we will need to bring in a number of players to keep the squad numbers.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner will kick up a fuss and we'll end up selling for 28Million, i think 28 Million is a huge amount, considering he cost more than Yaya Toure and Silva, its quite laughable to be honest!

A question i'd ask you and be serious, Will Milner be more of a loss than say Dwight Yorke?

I'd say if Milner is worth 28Million, then Yorke would easily be hitting 60Million at that time he was a massive loss.

Milner will kick up a fuss and we'll end up selling for 28Million, i think 28 Million is a huge amount, considering he cost more than Yaya Toure and Silva, its quite laughable to be honest!

And David Villa ;)

We're not going bust like Valencia though.

All those saying that they do not want Villa to have the mega millions, let me ask a question. Why then do you want as much money for Milner as possible? Why do you want the 28M, why not just settle for the 12M we paid for him?

The obviously mean they don't want us to be taken over by an extremely wealthy owner who can throw as much money as they want at whoever they want.

Making a profit on a player is entirely different.

Not really as it still gives you loads of money to splash on other players.

Or are we just about making profit on players now?

The obviously mean they don't want us to be taken over by an extremely wealthy owner who can throw as much money as they want at whoever they want.

Making profit is the good honest way of doing it.

It is sporting and reflects how you have develioped that player.

Woodytom, who would you realistically like us to sign then? - Baring in mind that we can't buy the best players as we don't have the lure of CL football?

I know you're not a scout, you're not MON (I don't think :winkold:) and you're not involved with buying players - but in your view, who could we sign for the money that might be coming if Milner leaves?

Ireland was immense 2 seasons ago, what's to say that MON couldn't get the best out of him again? I don't know of many top class RB's that could be available, but Van Der Wiel is one I'm aware of. He's been linked with Arsenal so he must have something about him (and yet - nothing has come out of their apparant "interest".. so maybe we could get him).

The striker debate could go on for days. But I think that if we do sell Milner for £28m then we should be looking at a higher quality than Robbie Keane.

It is completely different Richard. It's producing money from something you have already paid for. £12m for Milner, sell for £28m = profit. There's an honest quality of picking up players and improving them.

Having a billionaire owner didn't cost Man City anything.

Do you honestly believe that people would not say no to having a multi-billionaire owner who would splash the cash like Man City? I'd hate it.

Wainy it is not that simple, players have far too much power and in the end they usually get their own way.

Like Barry did when he wanted to go to Liverpool?

It's Man City, there is nothing they can't afford. Rape them.

They will pay.

If the £28m goes ahead it makes Milner the 3rd most expensive English player ever. We're already raping them.

Woodytom, who would you realistically like us to sign then? - Baring in mind that we can't buy the best players as we don't have the lure of CL football?

I know you're not a scout, you're not MON (I don't think :winkold:) and you're not involved with buying players - but in your view, who could we sign for the money that might be coming if Milner leaves?

Ireland was immense 2 seasons ago, what's to say that MON couldn't get the best out of him again? I don't know of many top class RB's that could be available, but Van Der Wiel is one I'm aware of. He's been linked with Arsenal so he must have something about him (and yet - nothing has come out of their apparant "interest".. so maybe we could get him).

The striker debate could go on for days. But I think that if we do sell Milner for £28m then we should be looking at a higher quality than Robbie Keane.

Well I would possibly take a punt on those players but for around 15-20 million less then your quoting. I quite like the idea of Robbie keane, and Id also be interested in Asamoah Gyan who has impressed me at the world cup and African nations - but that would definately be a risk.

I like Graham Dorrans too.

Agreed - there is not a lot out there, but I think the prices being quoted on here for players is ridiculous. Obviously nowadays, prices have rocketed, but £12 million for a guy whos not played for 2 seasons is a joke

Wainy it is not that simple, players have far too much power and in the end they usually get their own way.

Like Barry did when he wanted to go to Liverpool?

It's Man City, there is nothing they can't afford. Rape them.

They will pay.

If the £28m goes ahead it makes Milner the 3rd most expensive English player ever. We're already raping them.

Well we should rape them in both orifices. More I say. More!

This is the same amount of Money that Real Madrid paid to United for one of the best players in the world, undoubtedly Englands best player of his generation.

£28m for Milner is pretty damn good.

Ive also heard noises that City arent as desperate for him now that they have signed Silva and have progressed with the Toure Signing. I think we'd be pushing our luck to ask for anymore.

It is completely different Richard. It's producing money from something you have already paid for. £12m for Milner, sell for £28m = profit. There's an honest quality of picking up players and improving them.

Having a billionaire owner didn't cost Man City anything.

Do you honestly believe that people would not say no to having a multi-billionaire owner who would splash the cash like Man City? I'd hate it.

and what do we do with our profit?, what do we need a profit for?

This is the same amount of Money that Real Madrid paid to United for one of the best players in the world, undoubtedly Englands best player of his generation.

£28m for Milner is pretty damn good.

Ive also heard noises that City arent as desperate for him now that they have signed Silva and have progressed with the Toure Signing. I think we'd be pushing our luck to ask for anymore.

That's ok, then we keep James Milner.