What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Im really starting to dislike Man Sh1tty.The offer is a joke and the fact it is made public so soon shows they try and bully a club into selling and offer silly wages to get the player interested.The FA should do something to stop this crap becoming public.

I remember MON saying he agreed with Milner to leave contract talks til after the world cup, i hope this doesnt come back to bite him in the arse. If he does go itll be for far more than £20m and will show that Randys pockets arent as deep as we thought. Sure, he could do a bit of painting and tiling around Villa Park to keep us all happy lol

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see them coming in with a £ 25 million cash deal next with a player thrown into the bargain, probably Ireland.

And I think it will be accepted.

He's gone folks! :cry:

i have a little more faith in the manager and owner of our club abd think he's going nowhere, we don't need the money, it's been proved since randy has come, that if MoN wants someone he will give him the money.

the only thing i think villa need to do is come out early and squash the rumours before they get to far down the road, randy's statement stated he should have done so with the MoN leaving rubbish, now is the time to show.

im surprised after the MoN saga no one has asked the general if this is going to start happening.

20 mill rising to 25 with add on's according to Sky. The only way this will end is if Milner himself states that he's happy at Villa and intends to sign a new deal. Otherwise it's gonna rumble on for a few weeks or until well after the world cup at the very least. I'd take 35 million. If they really want him that much then they'll pay it. We can't afford to lose out on a really good price by waiting a season as he'll be only a year until his contract is up. With two years left, it's the optimum time to sell. I'd rather keep him but a cash and player swap, for the right players is appealing.

If the bids aren't accepted and we do firmly tell them that Jimmy's not for sale - I think we can forget any idea of buying Onouha/ Richards/ Bellamy/ Ireland from Man City this summer lol

Oh well.. All of them together are worth less than Milners armpit.

What Randy Lerner meant by the 30 million comment was he wasnt prepard to buy just one player for 30 million, he also has the future of the club in mind, which in the long run will benefit us.

James can make a choice but he is guaranteed first team football at Aston Villa, unlike City, and he had a 24million price tag slapped on him, so it would be in his best interest to stay at Villa, where as he would have to compete with Patrick Viera at Man City who has just been offered a 12 month extension.

Plus if he wants to get into the Euro 2012 competition his ideal home would be here and not Citeh, I do not want Aston Villa to become like Arsenal a feeder club.

apparently the bids been lodged for a few days.

Which suggests to me either (if your a citeh fan) Lerner and MON are thinking about negotiations and how they will approach it.

or if your a Villa fan

they are waiting for the england players to return so they can talk to milner about his contract negotiations, which will obviously now pushed forward as Capello doesn't want any of this shit during the WC.

Just have to wait and see I guess, but my gut feeling is James will rather be at a stable club until another bigger stable club comes along, rather than a circus that'll no doubt be challenging for titles but with a **** load of instability.

SSN said there waiting for the villa response, i guess they have worked out MoN and Randy yet as it will be a long summer of waiting :-)

but i do believe that we need to come out and rubbish the rumours so Jimmy can concentrate on his world cup preperations.

also just sending a text to SSN lets hope that read it out, ive signed it CoE82.

I disagree with the compete with Viera comment. Different positions, different players.

It would be interesting to see what Mancini is thinking for Milner. At the moment, they don't have a CM that is attacking, they have two out and out wingers, and two holding players, even though they have the options for a CAM.

I know for a fact that JM is not in football for the money. It is very much an after thought when it comes to him. He has said before that at Villa he has found something he has craved for years, stability, with a quality club, great manager, and some top players around him.

If City made it in to the CL, I then think we would be saying our byes now, as that is an attraction that we can't offer.

I think he believes he owes something to Villa, MoN and the rest, as after all, they were the ones that had the belief in him, and he is where he is because of them.

There might be a scramble for English players this summer due to the 8 out of 25 English squad rule about to hit the clubs. It would possibly indicate a further need to keep Milner at Villa.

Or a reason to raise their real value by 5/6 million.

So... in my eyes, a realistic price for Milner is £36m.

Nothing less before we even start talking about which Man City players we'd want on top of that amount. :D

If they have started at £20 million i presume they are prepared to go a lot higher, they started at £12 million for Lescott and doubled it. This wont go away until he signs a new contract, and if he doesn't sign a new contract he's off, sad to say, but his value drops massively next season.

Squeeky bum time i think, but Milner will get another £10 grand a week extra at least.

I think our initial stance will be that he's not for sale

A lot depends on Milner, i think we will only sell if he indicates he wants a move and isn't going to sign a contract extention

If that happens, like it did with Barry, we don't really have too many options

But we must try and push the price up to around £35m

for me the simple fact is this is Man City's way of unsettling rhe player, normally teams will tap the player up via his agent, but seeing as Jimmy is represented by the PFA i dont think that would be very wise, now until villa come out or jimmy does that he's not for sale and staying a villa i can see them doing the same as the lescott saga last year where the price keeps going up and the players head is turned, the 1 thing i think will be different to that is jimmy doesnt seem to be motivated by the money and i have no doubt he will nopw be offered a very big contract, if he wasnt going to be already.

SSN JUST STATED BID REJECTED LOL