• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't sell unless it was silly money. Milner has been great this season and will only get better due to his work ethic.

He doesn't seem the type of player/person to make waves and I would hope he wants to stay. After being treated like shit at Newcastle and moving from club to club, surely he would like some stability.

I'm sure Milner, MON and Randy knew this was coming.

Randy has said that Milner is wanted at Villa so I'm fully expecting the response to Man City to be "James Milner is not for sale".

It'd be good if we could jump into the transfer market this week and sign a quality striker to ensure that Jimmy knows that we're ambitious.

City have won nothing... Good players do not make a team.

What does make a team, bad players? :bonk:

Obviously not, but as as most people realise if players dont gel, then you're screwed. City should have been playing Champions League next season, but they lost stupid points and Hughes couldn't get them playing AS A TEAM!!!

HENCE: GOOD PLAYERS DO NOT MAKE A GOOD TEAM...!

Work ethic and a solid unit plus good players make a team. As a Villa fan I thought you would see where I was coming from. :oops:

Really hope it doesnt happen, but I cant see him leaving for citeh. They are equal with us, yes they have more money and can potentially get the better players to improve themselves more, but they are still not guaranteed any kind of silverware. Perhaps if Utd or Chelsea came after him then I think he would think more into it. I also dont think he is a money grabbing git like Barry!

Also i think it would take silly money for oneil and lerner to sell him, like somebody else said, we sell for £30mill, players of a lesser calibre than jimmy will be priced higher than what they currently are. It would'nt be a good move by us to sell, just cant see it happening!

For once I don't think it'll upset the player. he either wants to go or he doesn't. He's wired differently to most and seems to have his head screwed on.

But £20mil is taking the piss, hugely, and MON really doesn't like that. Hopefully it costs Gary Cock his job

I think its 100% certain he'll be off this summer, the speculation and bids have started already and we aren't even in June! Not good signs.

I think we should get used to life after Milner, folks! :cry:

I don't think we would sell him unless he wants to go, which I don't think he does. City would be a bad move for him in my honest opinion.

Does anyone think they are targeting Milner not just because he is a good player but because he is our player?

I would be surprised if Milner forces the issue on this. He has just forced his way into the England squad and after the world cup may find himself a lot closer to the starting eleven than he is now. The worst ting that could happen to him is some serious squad rotation.

Another good season at Villa will do him no harm at all.

Does anyone think they are targeting Milner not just because he is a good player but because he is our player?

Of course. Its classic divide and rule tactics, weaken your opponents. Its what Chelsea did for many years. Man City are following their model for success but from a lower base and a much shorter timeframe. Its inevitable that Milner will end up there. :cry:

It would be a stupid move for his career, but money talks in this game more than anything else.

£150,000 a week would help ease his splinters on the bench though

James Milner doesn't need money. He built the town that he lives in so he gets all his food, drinks and clothes for free.

Mon clearly stated he would be sitting down with Milner AFTER the World cup to discuss a new contract or whatever.

The thing is i guess, now that it has become clear that Man City simply could not respect that or the fact that the guy needs to focus on the World cup, & could not resist flashing their massive wad of cash about "& stuff everybody else", does Martin HAVE to now speak with Milner earlier than planned? Or does he resolve it one way or the other before the World cup starts?

Also of course RL stated Milner was "wanted here" & that he was "not worried about him leaving" although that does not really say he is staying does it?

Interesting to see what happens i guess?

I can see them coming in with a £ 25 million cash deal next with a player thrown into the bargain, probably Ireland.

And I think it will be accepted.

He's gone folks! :cry: