The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Don't know what popped me harder...

RVD or the Shida win!

Aew Hikaru Shida GIF - Aew Hikaru shida - Discover & Share GIFs

Have no idea when Hayter's back but if they can keep the belt on Shida until at least then, they beat the absolute piss out of each other last time.

Edited by GarethRDR

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Will Adam Cole turn heel on MJF or vice versa?   

I think my order of preference for the outcome:

1. Against all convention, there's no turn by either party, they wrestle a largely fair contest and do the world's most unlikely mutual respect spot after.  This keeps the belt on MJF where it should be staying anyway, and Cole can move on to whatever the Roddy Strong part of the story is going to be.
  2. Cole turns on MJF, as a means to push MJF even deeper into full-on bastard that somehow still garners sympathy.  Problem there is I don't know how you do that without Cole taking the title as well, as full-on bastard MJF ultimately won't care about betrayal as long as he's still got the belt.
  3. MJF turns on Cole, pulls out his usual schtick for the win.  The safe but kinda boring option.

25 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I think my order of preference for the outcome:

1. Against all convention, there's no turn by either party, they wrestle a largely fair contest and do the world's most unlikely mutual respect spot after.  This keeps the belt on MJF where it should be staying anyway, and Cole can move on to whatever the Roddy Strong part of the story is going to be.
  2. Cole turns on MJF, as a means to push MJF even deeper into full-on bastard that somehow still garners sympathy.  Problem there is I don't know how you do that without Cole taking the title as well, as full-on bastard MJF ultimately won't care about betrayal as long as he's still got the belt.
  3. MJF turns on Cole, pulls out his usual schtick for the win.  The safe but kinda boring option.

Option 3 i think is the most likely scenario this is way aew suffers. Its like when omega 1st went heel it was so confusing and wierd. Its so poorly done. The same with the BCC.

If it was me booking i would have had cole turn on MJF on collison then have him having a confrontation with FTR then bulket club gold attacks FTR. Taht would have setup a mini pinnacle vs bullet club feud. That would have been a exciting ending.  But yeah khan tends to go for the boring route.

I agree long term turn punk heel as he is getting booed now as the hypes died down so much with him now. Only really gets cheered in Chicago now.  Set up a mjf vs punk 3 title vs title

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its like when omega 1st went heel it was so confusing and wierd.

You've lost me there me ol' mucker, Meme-Spouting-Belt-Collecting-Saturday-Morning-Cartoon-Supervillain Omega is possibly the greatest thing AEW has ever done.

"I'll get you next week Jungle Boy, NEEEEXXXXXT WWEEEEEEKKKKKK!".

46 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

You've lost me there me ol' mucker, Meme-Spouting-Belt-Collecting-Saturday-Morning-Cartoon-Supervillain Omega is possibly the greatest thing AEW has ever done.

"I'll get you next week Jungle Boy, NEEEEXXXXXT WWEEEEEEKKKKKK!".

Oh i agree he was a excellent heel but im referring to how they turned him heel with don callis (no one at the time had no idea who he was)

The heel turn couls have been executed better

Hmm something ive seen online on dynamite when cole was hugging MJF he did the stab in the back with his hand that he used in wwe on o reilly

I think we are going to see a cole heel turn. It would make it more interesting from a storyline point of view

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Roman v Jey Uso.

How?

Why?!?

What a pile of shit SS was and the ending made no sense at all. None at all

Logan ricochet was best match of night. Rest of pov was a vince ppv. Wwe gone back to sucking

12 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah made no sense.

Reckon it won't be to align with Roman but out of jealousy as Jay was the one getting the plaudits and title shots etc.  A storyline as old as the hills.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see it being a way to excuse part time Roman from TV for a few months.

Jimmy v Jey with Solo causing havoc for a while, whilst Roman doesn't show up very often or defend again until Survivor Series in November.

The PPV as a whole was awful though, the worst they've done in a long time. Only decent match was Logan Paul v Richochet. Gunther v Drew wouldn't have been bad if we hadn't seen it many times before. And MMA scripted fights don't work. That was a contender for worst match ever. Seth v Finn was let down by the ending, really spoiled it.

23 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see it being a way to excuse part time Roman from TV for a few months.

Jimmy v Jey with Solo causing havoc for a while, whilst Roman doesn't show up very often or defend again until Survivor Series in November.

The PPV as a whole was awful though, the worst they've done in a long time. Only decent match was Logan Paul v Richochet. Gunther v Drew wouldn't have been bad if we hadn't seen it many times before. And MMA scripted fights don't work. That was a contender for worst match ever. Seth v Finn was let down by the ending, really spoiled it.

That MMA fight was dreadful.

I seriously cannot believe they did a ppv without matches for lynch, ripley, lashley, edge 

It was a awful ppv. If i was a betting man all in is going to be a much better ppv 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That MMA fight was dreadful.

I seriously cannot believe they did a ppv without matches for lynch, ripley, lashley, edge 

It was a awful ppv. If i was a betting man all in is going to be a much better ppv 

Summerslam is one of the big 4 events. You have all your big stars at it. Ripley and Lynch are two of the biggest stars for them, and not to have them was a mistake. I'd rather have seen them than most of the men who were in the battle royale. You could tell Vince MacMahon had his hands all over this one, it was just a way of shoe horning LA Knight in now they've taken money in the bank off him and also taken him out of the US Title picture.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Have to say dont get the AEW hype. Its just mainly spot merchants. The odd match is fine but not every match

In AEW finishers mean nothing at all

My biggest issue with aew is they have a absolutely huge amd bloated roaster yet they have to being in people like RVD and Ricky the dragon steamboat. Yet dont use talent wrestlers like keith lee or kyle o reilly.

They are also really poor at starting shows. Its usally the same format every week

I think one of the AEW's bigger issues is not talking about injuries. For instance, Kyle O'Reilly is injured and required fusion neck surgery. Bandido broke his wrist two months ago. Bryan Danielson broke his arm at Forbidden Door. Danhausen tore his right pec at AEW Revolution earlier this year. Mark Briscoe is out with a serious knee injury. Marq Quen has a serious undisclosed injury. Thunder Rosa back injury, and only restarted in-ring training on July 28th. That's just the injuries I know about and there are likely more which isn't ideal if a fan watching at home is hoping to see Bandido, but Bandido is at home healing up. 

I also think AEW are struggling to navigate having three TV shows. They have Dynamite, Rampage, and Collision. Some of the wrestlers that fans are missing have been on TV, but maybe not the show they watch. Keith Lee has been on Rampage the last few weeks. The Hardys have been on Rampage. Kip Sabian is on Rampage. The Butcher and the Blade have been on Rampage recently. AEW are still a young company and I think they're still navigating how to rotate wrestlers between the three weekly shows that they have. Of course, there are some wrestlers that will always be on Dynamite or Collision because they are mid-card/main-event level talents, but some of the lower-card talents are getting lost in the shuffle by being on Rampage and only Rampage. 

Â