The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Smackdown has been good for a while, raw past couple of week.

This was the moment where it could either all come together in pure awesomeness, or they'd drop the ball and do the same old same old.

That ending though, was awesome.

One of the best all round PPV's in a very long time. CM Punk has been quality, especially over the last few weeks and I'm glad to see him win the title as he deserves it. I'm fed up with this 'Super Cena' to the rescue so I'm also glad that they didn't let Cena win. Raw will be very interesting, I can't wait to see what happens now because as it stands Punk has 'left' with the title and Cena is 'fired' but will no doubt be re-instated within the next 24 hours, unless he really does have a little time off to have that minor surgery that he needs. There is absolutely no way that CM Punk hasn't already signed a new contract though. I've got to say well done to WWE for not **** up a potentially great storyline, something that I really thought would happen! I just hope they can keep it going for a while yet as there is still alot that can be done with this storyline! For tonight though, bravo WWE!

Wow that was fairly good ....that sin cara or whatever looked like he was in trouble tho

Nah, he's fine.

It was an obviously rigged ladder, you could see before it was pre-broken and painted over.

He has however had a wellness violation and been suspended for 30 days, so it's a kayfabe injury to cover his suspension.

The one injury I think might be legit is Big Show's ankle, as he was being taken out you could hear this:

Big Show: What the hell was that shit?

Other Guy: Wasn't that mean to happen?

Big Show: Yeah but he was....

So it sounds like a botch that might have caused a legitimate injury.

Punk v Cena was the dog's bollocks, one of the best matches I've ever seen. I'd lost interest a bit after I wasted my money on Wrestlemania but Sky Plused it last night as I love ladder matches. Christian is great though the flobbing in the gob was a bit near the knuckle.

has cmpunk gone then
Not a chance! Do you really think that they'd let him win the title and leave with it? No way would that happen, it's all part of a decent storyline that they have played pretty well so far which to be honest is a surprise as I thought they'd mess it up last night and have Cena to the rescue as usual.

Well, watched the punk v cena match from MITB on repeat earlier and im watching RAW for the first time in over 6 years tonight so fair do's to Vince, Punk & company......im intrigued by this one.

He definitely won't be on Raw tonight:

0OTDp.jpg

He's currently at the Cubs game.

I want to see loads of pics like this, of Punk just parading around with the belt.

There's no way he's actually gone gone, it's all storyline.

The boos when Cena came out were immense.

One thing I don't get from the PPV though, Bryan not cashing in on a nearly dead Christian. It was perfect cash in time, but apparently he's too honourable or some shit. It'd have been hilarious as well that Christian's 2nd title run was even shorter than his first.

Thought it was absolutely outstanding. They booked everything perfectly. Vince still has it in him!

Smackdown MITB was great and didn't expect Bryan to get the nod. The crowd popped big time for it.

Divas - Meh

Mark Henry, Big Show was the right result and short enough to not expose their frailties.

Raw MITB, I thought Miz had really **** his knee, he sold that well. Happy with Del Rio, it is his destiny to get the title afterall.

Loved the cheap Christian Orton finish and happy he has the belt. Another good match, but I think this fued needs to end soon or at least have somebody else enter the fold.

Punk v Cena. Wow! Can't believe they went ahead with it and had him take the belt. I love the Chicago crowd anyway they are always the best but they were nuts for Punk. Fair play to Cena for looking decent for a whole half hour. Loved Vince at the end desperately trying everything to keep the belt and his legacy and Del Rio getting kicked in the head when a lot of people expected him to cash in and win.

I'm just suprised with all the anticipation they didn't quash it all. They booked everything right and looking forward to Raw later for the fallout. Really interested to see what happens with the belt now. I think Punk may take it onto a Ring of Honour show (With Vince's permission obviously)

I watched Money in the Bank last night, very good.

I loved when Punk put Cena on the top rope and you could tell a section of the crowd - myself included - thought he was going to hit the Pepsi Plunge. He didn't, but it was a nice tease :)

Vince McMahon kayfabe fired :lol:

I hope HHH gets involved in storylines as the chairman.

I hope he doesn't.

HHH sends people to sleep with his half hour long promos that just bury the entire roster.

Maybe he's changed since 08, but back then his entire job seemed to be to bury as many people as possible, and a lot of people hate him due to it.

I'm a little worried the angle is going to get too heavy on the Mcmahon family power struggle and this will just be another invasion or Jericho title run. As it stands though it's going great, they have my interest for the first time in years and if anyone can pull it off it's Punk.

For anyone coming back after not watching for a long while check out CM Punks stint as colour commentator on Raw and Smackdown, just search for the montages on youtube they are epic!

I'm a little worried the angle is going to get too heavy on the Mcmahon family power struggle

I dunno, at the moment it's going perfectly to me. I don't think they're going down a power struggle route, just a take over and change of direction. I don't think we'll (at least I hope we won't) see Vince fighting this. I think he might actually be gone from the cameras now.

Punk's first promo laid the groundwork for this with the "I'd like to think it'll be better when Vince is dead... but it won't" and now they've got Hunter in charge and Vince is in essence dead as a character, they're going "Look Punk, new guy in charge, it's all different!" and Punk is basically saying "yeah right, same shit different guy".

Now they have to SHOW that it's different (like by putting Ryder on TV) and then when they've shown they're going in a different direction that's when they can bring Punk back in.

Â