The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I would imagine it would be more like an entry level smartphone. Apple must have seen how many people are buying Android phones in the £100-£150 range and they know there is money to be made there. Cheaper versions of iPods did gangbusters a few years ago and I guess as more and more people are using their phone as an mp3 player the dedicated music player market is drying up a little. It makes perfect sense to move into that space, and of course, it would mean more people will be installing iTunes on their computers which helps in the battle against sites like Amazon mp3.

No doubt they'll claim to be revolutionising the budget smartphone market and declaring how it changes everything again (again).

Good marketing.

• 2 weeks later...

Defo gonna be two phones a 3.5 inch mid range model, kinda based on 3GS tech and a dual core 4.0 inch model to compete in the high end market. Bound to sell as the smartphone market is in a boom right now.

Got a problem with my phone at the moment, I keep getting this error message and I have no idea why.

eu4nqt.png

I have no accessories connected and it started happening this morning when I took it off charge.

Google hasn't been much help and the problem I have is that it has now stopped charging and my battery is running out very quickly as a result of this message (97% in that pic around 20 minutes ago, now at 87%).

Google hasn't been much help and I can't take it to the shop because I have a jailbreak so they won't help until I've got rid of that, and at the moment the phone won't connect to iTunes to restore it!

Any ideas?

I would assume there is dust or something in the dock on your phone making your phone think something is connected.

Just found a guy on a forum from Google with the same problem, he thinks the same thing, there is either dust or a bit of water damage in the dock.

It can't be water damage as this has happened over night and it hasn't been anywhere near water, so it must be dust.

But apparently there is no way to clean it without buying a piece of kit for around £35?

Is there anyway to restore the phone to its factory settings without connecting it to iTunes?

• 4 weeks later...

Stubbo this synching with the cloud has been available on android for ages via gmail. My data gets synched to the cloud so if I ever change device or lose my phone a quick sync will populate me device, apps, contacts, message history.

Basically ios 5 is just bringing good android functionality to apple devices. imessage is g chat, notifications is straight from android. icloud is google music and gmail sync. Twitter integration, we can let any app have integration if we choose.

ios 5 has nothing interesting to an android gingerbread user. We've had all that for ages. So don't think ios 5 has anything to stop you trying out android, we already have it all.

I know what you mean, it's just wether I can be arsed transferring everything I have onto something else. I also like the idea if say I film a video using the iphone (superior to the iPad) it will automaticaly sync to my iPad to watch on a bigger screen.

I'm still not sure yet though, I have another 5 months of my contract to run so I am bound to change my mind 100 times!

Yeah apple are excellent at making apple devices work well together. So if you got an android phone you'd not have the icloud on your ipad and phone. You'd have to upload music to google music, but you could stream that music to the ipad.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so today is the day i can finally upgrade my phone.

Had the iPhone 3GS 32GB on a 24 month contract with 02, and now i can upgrade. Yippee i thought...

Went to upgrade on line and its telling me that to upgrade to just a 16GB iphone 4, staying on my same tariff, which is £37 a month, and taking out a 18 month contract the phone is going to cost me £200! Are people pulling the wool over my eyes when they tell me they have upgraded for free?

Had the iPhone 3GS 32GB on a 24 month contract with 02, and now i can upgrade. Yippee i thought...

Went to upgrade on line and its telling me that to upgrade to just a 16GB iphone 4, staying on my same tariff, which is £37 a month, and taking out a 18 month contract the phone is going to cost me £200! Are people pulling the wool over my eyes when they tell me they have upgraded for free?

Give retentions a call, you will get a much better deal than that.

Give retentions a call, you will get a much better deal than that.

Thanks stubbo. How much do you think i should expect to pay for it?

• 1 month later...
Â