The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

As I understand it, I have to register my iPhone tomorrow on iTunes, now does that have to be the latest version of iTunes as I'm still on Ver.9.

I dont upgrade cause it seems everytime I do I have trouble afterwards.

AFAIK, you won't need to upgrade it. Having said that, not sure if iOS4 works with iTunes versions below 10.

Try to do it without upgrading, let me know how you get on ;)

As I understand it, I have to register my iPhone tomorrow on iTunes, now does that have to be the latest version of iTunes as I'm still on Ver.9.

I dont upgrade cause it seems everytime I do I have trouble afterwards.

AFAIK, you won't need to upgrade it. Having said that, not sure if iOS4 works with iTunes versions below 10.

Try to do it without upgrading, let me know how you get on ;)

Ha, OK! I'll give it a go tomorrow when it comes!

I would never consider buying an iphone as long as it's restricting me from doing what I want with my phone, things like flash and automation of tasks are things I want and need on my phone. I'd certainly consider getting a windows phone 7 though if the platform matures well in the next year. I've always liked microsoft and the range of handsets look excellent. I dunno if nokia can save symbian, I don't think I could ever consider such poor software like that on a smartphone.

Interesting times ahead.

I would never consider buying an iphone as long as it's restricting me from doing what I want with my phone, things like flash and automation of tasks are things I want and need on my phone. I'd certainly consider getting a windows phone 7 though if the platform matures well in the next year. I've always liked microsoft and the range of handsets look excellent. I dunno if nokia can save symbian, I don't think I could ever consider such poor software like that on a smartphone.

Interesting times ahead.

Luckily im not such a nerd :D

Anyway just came across this......

I would never consider buying an iphone as long as it's restricting me from doing what I want with my phone, things like flash and automation of tasks are things I want and need on my phone.

While I agree 100% that the Apple platform with its restrictions will cost them users in the future (me included) Im not sure that you "need" those things on a handset.

The closed system that Apple have in place will not allow the platform to grow and develop anything like the Android platform can.

The big question I suppose is how much that matters to an average mobile phone buyer?

As for the itunes announcement.....Streaming of some kind possibly!! :winkold:

Interesting times ahead.

Luckily im not such a nerd :D

Anyway just came across this......

It's not really being a nerd, just making informed buying decisions. Before if you wanted a smartphone it was an iphone or nothing. Now there is plenty of choice out there. Same way it is with mobile phones. If you don't use cameras you're not going to want a phone with an excellent one etc..

No need to stick to one type of phone if another serves your needs better. Basically loyalty is pointless. Figure out what you use your phone most for and then when you get a new one look around. People hopefully do it with all products.

I'll just give you an example here so. To fit your needs.

The internet is superior on Android phones as the browser is faster, it supports flash video and the bigger screens available make the browsing experience better.

If you have Gmail as your primary email account then the integration with android is a huge advantage like the calender, also emails and Gmail chat messages will pop up the same way an SMS would.

Also the integration of facebook, twitter and social networking is again the best of any smartphone, if someone sends you a message on facebook your phone will alert you in the same way a normal phone would if you got a SMS.

Where Android Phones fail is in image, no matter what argument I made to a friend she insisted in buying the old 3GS which is pretty ancient tech to be buying on an 18month contract. Simply because she wanted an iPhone, it didn't matter what one. Image is a factor, plain and simple. It's something no amount of logic can defeat. Apple will always have the brand.

Anyway, that's a total tangent. Basically the iPhone 4 is one of the most hitech and top of the line phones you can get in the world. Plain and simple. So enjoy it. Take advantage of the appstore, it's the major selling point of the iPhone.

The point I am making is people don't buy the best phone to suite their actual needs. Many people make buying decisions on brand and image same as anything else.

Interesting times ahead.

Windows Phone 7 is taking the Apple view though. Minimum hardware specs (pretty much all the launch phones are identical, the only differences are aesthetics, camera and other minor details) limitations on what software can and cannot run will be a big thing on WP7 too. It's very much the iPhone model.

Â